Lovie Smith will be Tampa's new Head Coach

Matt39

Nice hire for them...Revis is wasted in a cover 2 system though.

Schiano had potential but he just seemed a bit all over the map at times.  The complete implosion of Josh Freeman wasn't a good thing and after bringin in Revis for 2 draft picks and big money to play so poorly wasn't a good way for him to keep his job.

Football in Florida is a sad situation -- kinda like NY.

Revis is defo getting cut, so we get a 4th and not a 3rd. Interesting to see what the market price will be for Revis, I'd say 11-12 mill range.

I'd say your close, but I don't think anyone is going to give him much guaranteed money.  If he hits the market, with all the cap space the Jets have, I wouldn't mind if the Jets took another look at him, but in the same type contract he had in Tampa.

Can walk away form the contract at any time

I don't know how Tampa can cut a guy they gave up two picks to get -- will be interesting to see what goes on in Tampa in the coming weeks with him.Tillman and Jennings played some solid CB for the bears when Lovie was the coach.  Revis is aggressive, a sure tackler, and does allow other players to make plays in the secondary.

I think it will come down to the $16 million and not the coach/scheme.

I don't know how Tampa can cut a guy they gave up two picks to get -- will be interesting to see what goes on in Tampa in the coming weeks with him.Tillman and Jennings played some solid CB for the bears when Lovie was the coach.  Revis is aggressive, a sure tackler, and does allow other players to make plays in the secondary.

I think it will come down to the $16 million and not the coach/scheme.

The $16 million would of course be a huge factor, but the point being that this already absurd amount of money for a CB becomes that much more absurd in this particular scheme.  What the team gave up for him has already been made pretty much irrelevant unless the owner decides to take great issue with it, as both the GM and HC responsible for that trade have been fired, so there is no commitment to the move by Smith or whoever their new GM is.  As far as they're concerned, the only question is whether or not this player in this system is worth this much money, and it would not be particularly surprising if the answer to that question for both of them was a resounding "no".  Considering the first rounder was already long gone before they showed up and so essentially means nothing to them, they might even see it as an opportunity to help their current picks out in the process, by knocking down this year's pick due to the Jets a round.

He's supposedly bringing Leslie Frazier with him to run the D, and Jeff Tedford to run the O. That could be the 2013 Chiefs next year.

Now they're saying Rod Marinelli as the possible DC.  Would certainly make sense considering that was his DC during his last 3 years in Chicago.

I saw Marinelli too.

I have to be honest, Lovie was one of my top choices for a replacement for Rex. Dunbar comes from a 4-3 background, plus he's a GREAT DL coach, so I figured our DL would continue to thrive and the change to a Tampa 2 behind them would be easy, since most of our players behind the DL are junk, and can/should be replaced anyway. Demorrio Davis seems like a better fit as MLB in a 4-3 anyway, but I don't pretend to know enough about the requisite skills to think I'm right.

Pure Tampa 2 does not work in the NFL anymore

Look at the Cowboys, they have one of the best DC running it and they got shredded this year.

If they do try to run it Revis will def get cut.

Lovie played a lot of man with the Bears and Tillman

Archived