NFL Playoffs thread

T0mShane

The weather today in NYC has to be the real nightmare scenario fo the NFL; freezing rain turning to ice the second it hits the ground. The streets and sidewalks are as slippery as ice rinks. This would be a traffic and even pedestrian nightmare.

a guy I know looked at getting SB tix, he said there is no tailgating, and they are shuttling everyone to the game.  I hope those shuttles have tank treads, lol

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets this year won games by scores of:

27-20

30-28

30-27

26-20

37-27

5 of the Jets' 8 games they won when the opponent put up 20 points or more, with the Jets scoring 26+. This was with a project, rookie QB nowhere near ready to start week 1 and a group of crappy receivers to throw to (hardly any of whom could play for a month straight before missing weeks at a time).

Give it a rest already. You've managed to rationalize how everything that went wrong is indicative of stupidity and suckiness, while everything that went right is indicative of luck and only playing teams that weren't trying. Like every other team in the playoffs this year played (and won) against nothing but other teams who were outstanding and trying hard every game. Most of the Jets' wins came with the team scoring 26+ and none of our wins came with the Jets scoring under 20.

If not for a ridiculous 3-interception 4th Q from our unready rookie QB in his 2nd NFL start, we'd have beaten the Pats in week 2. That awful 4th QB was what it took for a "proper" winning team to squeak out a 13-10 victory against the worst team in football. So they shouldn't get credit for the win, I guess.

Wouldn't it have been quicker just to write, "Well, that's parity for you"?

Bias against what? Against whom? I like Rex. I liked the hire originally. I want him to be successful because that means the Jets are successful. He hasn't been in a long time.

And if you think that he took huge leaps forward then you weren't in the stands in Buffalo to see the Jets get thoroughly embarrassed by an inferior team, with the playoffs in sight and coming off of a bye week. Period.

Dude. 6 wins to 8 wins. LEAP.

He took "huge leaps forward this year"? Are you kidding, where was he before this year? Dusting off his Rich Kotite playbook?

Reeling from his 2 straight (actually 3 if you count the Ravens in 08) AFCCG losses, and stuck with a 3rd year QB who was supposed to make the jump to the "real NFL QB" status, it didn't happen, now the Jets are in the process of correcting that disaster early 1st round QB pick, and Rex took the Jets to an equal record as the Ravens, Steelers, Dolphins, Cowboys, Bears, and better records than the Giants, Lions, Texans, and Falcons to name a few, and he did if with a tougher schedule, a rookie QB, and like you, and everyone else on this board has said no talent at the WR/RB/TE/QB positions, a rookie LG, and 7 new starters on D, a new OC! So yea I would call Rex's coaching job a huge leap forward from 2011, and 2012!

Bias against what? Against whom? I like Rex. I liked the hire originally. I want him to be successful because that means the Jets are successful. He hasn't been in a long time.

And if you think that he took huge leaps forward then you weren't in the stands in Buffalo to see the Jets get thoroughly embarrassed by an inferior team, with the playoffs in sight and coming off of a bye week. Period.

This im not sure about

Reeling from his 2 straight (actually 3 if you count the Ravens in 08) AFCCG losses, and stuck with a 3rd year QB who was supposed to make the jump to the "real NFL QB" status, it didn't happen, now the Jets are in the process of correcting that disaster early 1st round QB pick, and Rex took the Jets to an equal record as the Ravens, Steelers, Dolphins, Cowboys, Bears, and better records than the Giants, Lions, Texans, and Falcons to name a few, and he did if with a tougher schedule, a rookie QB, and like you, and everyone else on this board has said no talent at the WR/RB/TE/QB positions, a rookie LG, and 7 new starters on D, a new OC! So yea I would call Rex's coaching job a huge leap forward from 2011, and 2012!

Funny, I argued "POINT DIFFERENTIAL" in another thread and immediately was lambasted with, "Its the record, thats important" , not point differential. so I will throw their argument (you know, Rex Supporters) at you:

8-8

6-10

8-8

Hmmmm...According to other Rex Supporters where the RECORD is the important stat, I dont see leaps and bounds, do you?

Funny, I argued "POINT DIFFERENTIAL" in another thread and immediately was lambasted with, "Its the record, thats important" , not point differential. so I will throw their argument (you know, Rex Supporters) at you:

8-8

6-10

8-8

Hmmmm...According to other Rex Supporters where the RECORD is the important stat, I dont see leaps and bounds, do you?

Teams are not race cars, they're not all built the same or close to. But if they were, Rex would be driving a Hyundai in the Daytona 500.

No I don't live in Buffalo sorry. You also forgot to add that was against one of the toughest secondary's when healthy (which they were), on the road against a divisional opponent we already beat once at home where the rookie QB was so clueless on what he was seeing, and what to do with the ball, and his starting WR's were D Nelson's 2nd game, and Gates, and starting TE's were Reuland, and the guy we got from NE Sudfeld, so they were set up to fail in that game.

The Dolphins game at home is the only game this year I think Rex deserves serious flack for, that game should not have gone down that way at home, I think this is where the Jets offense made its turn thou, they decided to get away from making Holmes the feature WR, and designing, and encouraging Geno to run with the ball, so they learned from that disaster of a game, and it showed in the final 4 games.

Honestly how many coaches are going to get the 2013 NY Jets to a better record than 8-8? 17 other teams did worse than the Jets, and I would argue till I'm blue in the face 16 of them had much better talent on their roster, and/or a proven franchise QB!

8-8

6-10

8-8

We've done this merry go round for over a month now, I use my brain, and all available information including what I've seen for 17 weeks from the NY Jets taking into account injuries, roster, opponents, home games, road games, ect. IMO Rex Ryan deserved to keep his job after the 2013 season, after the 2012 season I didn't want him fired, but I wouldn't have argued against it either.

This argument should be over the Jets have concludes Rex Ryan will be the HC for the 2014 NFL season, as a Jets fan whether you agree with the decision, or not your still going to root for the Jets to be successful, so until they prove to be unsuccessful in 2014 please save the Rex Ryan firing arguments for when it is actually relevant, and until then let's just get on the same page as Jets fans rooting for the Jets to be successful in 2014, and if their not we can go back to agreeing, or disagreeing on who should be, or shouldn't be the HC because that's not changing until the Jets play at least 4 games next year, and IMO, and hope for a much, much longer time!

We've done this merry go round for over a month now, I use my brain, and all available information including what I've seen for 17 weeks from the NY Jets taking into account injuries, roster, opponents, home games, road games, ect. IMO Rex Ryan deserved to keep his job after the 2013 season, after the 2012 season I didn't want him fired, but I wouldn't have argued against it either.

This argument should be over the Jets have concludes Rex Ryan will be the HC for the 2014 NFL season, as a Jets fan whether you agree with the decision, or not your still going to root for the Jets to be successful, so until they prove to be unsuccessful in 2014 please save the Rex Ryan firing arguments for when it is actually relevant, and until then let's just get on the same page as Jets fans rooting for the Jets to be successful in 2014, and if their not we can go back to agreeing, or disagreeing on who should be, or shouldn't be the HC because that's not changing until the Jets play at least 4 games next year, and IMO, and hope for a much, much longer time!

Oh come on, lets be a little realistic OK?

First, of course I am a Jets fan and always root for them to win, WHEN THE WIN MEANS SOMETHING. The Browns and Dolphins games meant SQUAT, so I wanted a better draft pick (of course so the Jets could get better).

That being said, we are Humans, and human nature drives us, so do you really believe that the REX haters can go through a season next year where after each loss, NOT scream from the highest mountain that the bum should be fired, and conversely, that the Rex lovers (like yourself) after each win, will be pounding their chests screaming" I TOLD YOU SO"

Sorry, but every move REX makes will be looked at from 2 exactly different windows, as the Rex haters will tell you that this or that move, is yet another Rex blunder, and the Rex lovers will be telling us that the exact same move is the greatest decision a coach has made since Lombardi.

So, I can tell, you yeah, I lay off Rex and wait until next year BUT I'd be lieing because human nature is what it is, and unfortunately, that means an entire off-season off discussing Rex, and whether or not he should or shouldnt have been fired.

Thats as honest an answer as I can give.

By the way RANGERS 7 Mapleleafs 1, woo hoo a TD for the Rangers. I Love Cam Talbot.

watching that Eagles game last night... their offense couldn't score a bazillion points in 20 degree weather and when it counted the most their defense couldn't hold up at the end. I couldn't help but wonder what a Rex Ryan defense would do in that situation. People say that you need offense to win in this league and that defense is whatever... but come playoff time, in the cold weather, it's all about defense. 

watching that Eagles game last night... their offense couldn't score a bazillion points in 20 degree weather and when it counted the most their defense couldn't hold up at the end. I couldn't help but wonder what a Rex Ryan defense would do in that situation. People say that you need offense to win in this league and that defense is whatever... but come playoff time, in the cold weather, it's all about defense. 

What? funny, you were wondering what a "Rex Ryan defense would do in that situation"? They would have been GREAT,. Yeah, so what, why werent you wondering what a REX RYAN OFFENSE would have done in that situation?: They would have been awful.

Great we lose 7-3.

Its the 21st century. Offense wins in the NFL, and by the way, the score was 26-24, not 7-6., and the other game 45-44.

Rexs D is awesome in those situations, Sutton should have stayed longer

Oh come on, lets be a little realistic OK?

First, of course I am a Jets fan and always root for them to win, WHEN THE WIN MEANS SOMETHING. The Browns and Dolphins games meant SQUAT, so I wanted a better draft pick (of course so the Jets could get better).

That being said, we are Humans, and human nature drives us, so do you really believe that the REX haters can go through a season next year where after each loss, NOT scream from the highest mountain that the bum should be fired, and conversely, that the Rex lovers (like yourself) after each win, will be pounding their chests screaming" I TOLD YOU SO"

Sorry, but every move REX makes will be looked at from 2 exactly different windows, as the Rex haters will tell you that this or that move, is yet another Rex blunder, and the Rex lovers will be telling us that the exact same move is the greatest decision a coach has made since Lombardi.

So, I can tell, you yeah, I lay off Rex and wait until next year BUT I'd be lieing because human nature is what it is, and unfortunately, that means an entire off-season off discussing Rex, and whether or not he should or shouldnt have been fired.

Thats as honest an answer as I can give.

By the way RANGERS 7 Mapleleafs 1, woo hoo a TD for the Rangers. I Love Cam Talbot.

That is something I will just never get.  If the Jets were playing a pick up basketball game, I would be rooting for them.  Wanting the Jets to lose at anything, ever, is something my simple brain can not comprehend.

That is something I will just never get. If the Jets were playing a pick up basketball game, I would be rooting for them. Wanting the Jets to lose at anything, ever, is something my simple brain can not comprehend.

What kind of Jets fan didn't want the Dolphins in the playoffs?

That is something I will just never get.  If the Jets were playing a pick up basketball game, I would be rooting for them.  Wanting the Jets to lose at anything, ever, is something my simple brain can not comprehend.

Oh, its a known disease, Its called the "ANDREW LUCK SYNDROME"

Seriously how do you root for the Jets to lose against the Dolphins ever?  Especially when the Dolphins had so much riding on it.  Makes no sense to me.

I dont care if the Dolphins are in or out. I dont care if New England wins the SB or doesnt. All I care about is the JETS someday winning a SB.

Thats it. The stuff about, "OH I hate Brady and Belichick" or "I loathe the Dolphins", and dont wnat them in the playoffs, who cares when your own team sucks?

I dont want MORAL victories, I want REAL victories. Sorry.

Jets D sent Drew Brees, and the Saints to a 4, and out up 1 score on the final drive this year (not the usual for them).

Archived