marty mornhinweg

itsJETStime

I don't think the the Jets offense was exactly the talk of the NFL this year. Not in a positive way, anyway.

It was better than the talent on it would indicate.

We had two mid season aquisition Wr's starting, a RB come off of suspension and to on IR five min later, our starting TE got suspended for 4 games, a rookie QB, position switches on the O line and ultimately a rookie starting at LG, an injury to our #1 WR ( whether Holmes is atrue #1 or not) An injury to our only real playmaker WR in Kerley, Hill continued to be invisible, Ivory hurt all training camp and banged up throughout the season, An injury to our # 2 TE and a TE we signed off of the practice squad of NE starting a couple weeks later, A rookie FB starting, The turmoil with The Simms quasi QB controversy,  and Rex continues to starve himself for some reason. :D

It could have been much worse man. It has been worse with much more talent for the Jets. 

I remember when everyone was afraid Shotty was going to be snatched away from us. Have a cupcake and some Hot Chocolate... This too will pass.

I was actually praying somebody would take him off our hands cuz I knew Rex wouldn't fire him after an AFC championship bid

It will happen with Marty again but the Jets offense is going to have to be realllllly good first.  His last head coaching gig was so bad, he has a lot to overcome.  I don't think it was his fault, he was in a really bad spot there.  Thank you Matt Millen.

It will happen with Marty again but the Jets offense is going to have to be realllllly good first.  His last head coaching gig was so bad, he has a lot to overcome.  I don't think it was his fault, he was in a really bad spot there.  Thank you Matt Millen.

Dude DEFERRED in the OLD Overtiime rules. You just cant forget that no matter how hard you try. Has a more boneheaded coaching decision ever been made?

OK, maybe Pisarcik being told to hand off instead of taking a knee. Maybe.

Here we go... the next chapter in the Jets fan calamity "We want to be better, but don't change anything!!!"

LOL.  God help us if we lose anyone from our 8-8 coaching staff.  We'll be F*CKED!

As if 8-8 with last year's roster wasn't an accomplishment.

Changes do need to be made, but much moreso on the field than on the sidelines.

Changes do need to be made, but much moreso on the field than on the sidelines.

I never said it wasn't. 

I will however, stand by my observation that Jets fans are perpetually guilty of crying for change, then making excuses NOT to fire or cut every name that comes up.

Dude DEFERRED in the OLD Overtiime rules. You just cant forget that no matter how hard you try. Has a more boneheaded coaching decision ever been made?

OK, maybe Pisarcik being told to hand off instead of taking a knee. Maybe.

Is that serious?  I don't remember that.  That's beyond terrible.

Receiving corps were a guy still not ready to come back from a Lisfranc foot injury,  a rookie bust that we were hoping would come around, a good little player in the slot, and at TE a veteran we're hoping will improve and an oft-injured guy from off the scrap pile.  Those were our starters.  And THEN we got hit with injuries.

Also, the $7M free agent we got to finally replace Leon/Ladainian got caught on the highway puking his guts out with a box of blunts on the car seat, an ex-con at the wheel and a gun with hollow-point bullets in the glove compartment.  And right after the suspension he gets injured for the rest of the season.

With this, we finish 8-8.  Marty, we love you.

Is that serious?  I don't remember that.  That's beyond terrible.

Uh, try googling Marty Mornhinweg, deferring to play defense first, when he was coach of the Lions. It basically got him the fastest ticket out of town since that had that fat coach, who was impersonated by his QB at a Halloween party.

The freaking guy DEFERRED in overtime. Look it up,

OK, which is the WORST play/decision in football?

1. The BUTTfumble

2. The Pisarcik hand off when he should have Kneeled down

3. Deferring to play defense in OT

You would have to go with # 3 because mental mistakes should be avoidable.

OK, which is the WORST play/decision in football?

1. The BUTTfumble

2. The Pisarcik hand off when he should have Kneeled down

3. Deferring to play defense in OT

You would have to go with # 3 because mental mistakes should be avoidable.

Didn't Bellichick win a game in overtime a mere two months ago by doing #3?? Depending on how awful and windy the conditions are, I would have to say that deferring in OT isn't that bad of an idea and can actually be a smart calculated risk.

Didn't Bellichick win a game in overtime a mere two months ago by doing #3?? Depending on how awful and windy the conditions are, I would have to say that deferring in OT isn't that bad of an idea and can actually be a smart calculated risk.

Uh, with the NEW rules, I could somewhat understand, because unless the team that initially gets the ball, scores a TD, the other team then does get another possession, BUT in the old rules where the team winning the toss, simply has to move 40 yards and kick a field goal, then this decision was one of if not the WORST ever made.

Marty was fired before he was able to run off the field, deservedly so.

Uh, with the NEW rules, I could somewhat understand, because unless the team that initially gets the ball, scores a TD, the other team then does get another possession, BUT in the old rules where the team winning the toss, simply has to move 40 yards and kick a field goal, then this decision was one of if not the WORST ever made.

True. It's obviously a more advantageous risk now. I don't remember the game specifically, but it still depends on how brutal those conditions were and how well either offenses were moving the ball. I would still rank that worse than the buttfumble, as I never really thought it was that bad. If it was anyone but Mark, it would be irrelevant, but it represented a microcosm of his season as a Jet, in addition to the media was in full-on Jets-hate mode then.  That play is less on Mark and more on the fact that Wilfork was/is a manchild and just obliterated Moore five yards into the backfield.

I'd have to say that #2 is probably the worst decision out of the bunch.

True. It's obviously a more advantageous risk now. I don't remember the game specifically, but it still depends on how brutal those conditions were and how well either offenses were moving the ball. I would still rank that worse than the buttfumble, as I never really thought it was that bad. If it was anyone but Mark, it would be irrelevant, but it represented a microcosm of his season as a Jet, in addition to the media was in full-on Jets-hate mode then.  That play is less on Mark and more on the fact that Wilfork was/is a manchild and just obliterated Moore five yards into the backfield.

I'd have to say that #2 is probably the worst decision out of the bunch.

Yeah really, How the hell do you just not Kneel down? It really makes one wonder about the BETTING on football. Idont remember how the spread or who was favored etc. in that game but If lets say I had the Giants and they were 1 or 2 point favorites, and this abomination occurred, I would be screaming FIX, as loud as my Rocky mountain refreshment voice could allow as that play was occurring.

Yeah really, How the hell do you just not Kneel down? It really makes one wonder about the BETTING on football. Idont remember how the spread or who was favored etc. in that game but If lets say I had the Giants and they were 1 or 2 point favorites, and this abomination occurred, I would be screaming FIX, as loud as my Rocky mountain refreshment voice could allow as that play was occurring.

From the "documentary" on ESPN and other accounts of the story, Gibson hated the kneel down,threatened to bench Pisarcik if he changed another play, the playclock was shorter and Cszonka said in the huddle he refused to take the handoff, which caused Pisarcik to pay more attention to the formation and Cszonka than the snap. I think it was more to do with Gibson being a stubborn jackass than any illegal betting, but ya never know.

I'm pretty sure he finished the season.  

From the "documentary" on ESPN and other accounts of the story, Gibson hated the kneel down,threatened to bench Pisarcik if he changed another play, the playclock was shorter and Cszonka said in the huddle he refused to take the handoff, which caused Pisarcik to pay more attention to the formation and Cszonka than the snap. I think it was more to do with Gibson being a stubborn jackass than any illegal betting, but ya never know.

I never saw the documentary. I will have to watch it the next time it is aired. How long ago did they show it?

Archived