If the Jets take a QB in first three rounds....

sirlancemehlot

...who do you want, and what round?

Me, i had time to kill.  I looked over lots of QB's.  Some surprised me with how good they were despite fanfare...like Garappolo.  Some surprised me with how crappy their mechanics were...Bortles can't throw a decent spiral.  And of all of them, I kept coming back to one guy who had the ability to throw down field, has incredible "touch" on his passes and presents himself as a leader.  i don't care who his brother is.  My pick:

Derek Carr, round 1.  By far the most polished passer of the bunch.

Requisite musical highlight real... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-iL9Nk31pU

Me, i had time to kill.  I looked over lots of QB's.  Some surprised me with how good they were despite fanfare...like Garappolo.  Some surprised me with how crappy their mechanics were...Bortles can't throw a decent spiral.  And of all of them, I kept coming back to one guy who had the ability to throw down field, has incredible "touch" on his passes and presents himself as a leader.  i don't care who his brother is.  My pick:

I know Artemusclyde likes your pick, and I was on board until I saw his Bowl game against USC, where he was awful. Now it has been pointed out to me many times, that his offensive line was shredded in the bowl game and he was running for his life the whole time. I get that, but it did worry me that he made so many poor throws under pressure.

Would I be dissappointed if they drafted Carr? No not really, but I think they can do better. I do think however that he has clearly more skills than his brother, for what thats worth.

I know Artemusclyde likes your pick, and I was on board until I saw his Bowl game against USC, where he was awful. Now it has been pointed out to me many times, that his offensive line was shredded in the bowl game and he was running for his life the whole time. I get that, but it did worry me that he made so many poor throws under pressure.

Would I be dissappointed if they drafted Carr? No not really, but I think they can do better. I do think however that he has clearly more skills than his brother, for what thats worth.

You obviously haven't seen a highlight video with RAP on it then.  Rap makes everything better.  That and the ridiculous block he throws halfway through the video.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNmGSjaPCWI

Reporter during first day of training camp.  "Wow, in pads, Bridgewater looks a lot bigger than I thought!  So weird."

Reporter: "And his sentences sound funny.  He keeps starting them with his name..."

Bridgewater: "Bridgewater happy Bridgewater will drafted soon.  Bridgewater hungry. Bring Bridgewater something raw."

Carr is terrible against pressure/blitzes. Not the trait I'd want in my quarterback. 

I'll say Mettenberger, though I haven't watched enough of the QB's to make a good guess. Ideally they'll take somebody in the 4th/5th to develop, maybe Boyd if he falls or Garoppolo/Smith, and sign a vet. At least that's what seems like the most logical/reasonable way to handle the QB position to me.

Bridgewater, Manziel, or Carr in round 1. Their's a report on the owner or gm of the texans professing his love for Clowney, so I think Texans take Clowney and Rams try and trade out of their pick. I would trade up for Bridgewater in a heart beat, the guys going to be a solid qb in this draft. Manizel is probably getting taken by Browns at 4 or raiders at 5 so I don't see him falling. I can see Carr dropping to us and I'd take him at 18. He's got a quick release and a strong arm. Better yet he's not ******* retarded like Geno Smith.

Dream the Dream...he will be gone within the top 10 picks.  Texans, Jags, Browns, Raiders, Vikings  (who will grab him at #8) Titans, all need QB's..  The elite ones will be NOT BE THERE at #18...  Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles, Carr  will be gone.  We would have to trade up with the Bucs at #7 to grab Carr (if he was there).  Give Tampa back their 3rd round pick and switch places with them at #18 and give them whatever (don't know the calculations for moving up 11 spots). I would do it in a heartbeat. 

You obviously haven't seen a highlight video with RAP on it then.  Rap makes everything better.  That and the ridiculous block he throws halfway through the video.  

That article Shane posted a little while ago showed that Carr was the worst of the group throwing under pressure. In the NFL, practically every throw is made under pressure. I'm sure someone could put an excellent looking highlight reel together with exactly the right musical accompaniment, but I still wouldn't touch him.

Archived