ESPN NY - Jets could check in on Matt Schaub

Gastineau Lives

Rex is like an elephant. He has a great memory. He remembers how Vick humiliated the Jets D.  Rex will be all in on signing Vick. He would fit right in since he knows Marty's system.  He would easily beat out scrub azz Eugene.  But I just cant deal with the dog thing hangin.  Just to much of a bad taste for me.  Sign Shaub although he sucks.  Draft a QB in round 2 - hopefully Garrapolo who can sit a year behind Shaub.  Garrapolo will easily beat out Smith who could then be cut in 2015.   

1815aef06df532523f4c4f67ba16126331ac1a11

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see the Jets give Geno some serious weapons this off season and see what he can do. Let's get a legit #1 and #2 Wr to go with Kerley and Nelson . A serious LG a nice TE to start over Cumberland and Sudfeld but keeping both. And maybe a Sproles type to catch balls from the backfield would be lovely. Signing a Matt Schaub to back Geno up and compete with him isn't the worst plan in the world. It's MUCH better than Michael Vick for God's sakes.

If Geno sucks we have someone who can have a legitimate shot to save the season if we have the weapons around him. I like this plan and am now rooting for this to happen. It's my favorite plan up to this point.

Sorry, if they sign Schaub, GENO will be manning the clipboard. Schaub, though no prize is still tons a better option than Smith.

Rex is like an elephant. He has a great memory. He remembers how Vick humiliated the Jets D.  Rex will be all in on signing Vick. He would fit right in since he knows Marty's system.  He would easily beat out scrub azz Eugene.  But I just cant deal with the dog thing hangin.  Just to much of a bad taste for me.  Sign Shaub although he sucks.  Draft a QB in round 2 - hopefully Garrapolo who can sit a year behind Shaub.  Garrapolo will easily beat out Smith who could then be cut in 2015.   

I agree almost 100%. I like Vick as the best option for the Jets in FA.

I think his confidence is shot.  I think Sanchez probably has more confidence than Schaub.  In fact, I think the best thing that happened to Sanchez was being out this past year.  He avoided merciless booing from the fans and the league is already looking at him in a more positive light (the "he'd start immediately for several teams" chatter).

This.....

If he could not handle things in Houston when things started going south what makes anyone think he could handle things here. He won't have an Andre Johnson or an Arian Foster to lean on either.

Pass

This.....

If he could not handle things in Houston when things started going south what makes anyone think he could handle things here. He won't have an Andre Johnson or an Arian Foster to lean on either.

Pass

Or you could say a guy with Schaub's talent and experience has a chance to bounce back after seven months of offseason.

Shaun Hill is a nice option if we're looking for a pure backup.  But if we're looking for someone to compete for the job (even if its just token competition), Schaub would be a better choice.

his age isn't ideal, but he can still walk on his own power, lol

I don't think the jets can afford him tho.  he is clearly (in my mind) the best FA out there, and for what you will have to pay him, you will also have to shake his hand, look him in the eye and tell him he has a chance to compete for the starting job to get him here

so having a 34 year old starter making big money isn't ideal, but the jets have to have QB talent on the roster so they don't have to draft one and just hoping the pot head gets sober isn't a business plan

Sorry, if they sign Schaub, GENO will be manning the clipboard. Schaub, though no prize is still tons a better option than Smith.

If that's the case then good. I don't think it would play out that way though. Geno has the gift of youth and made solid progress last season. That has value in itself. I would like to the Jets sign Schaub, Give Geno an edge in the competition and let them loose. If Geno loses out to Matt Schaub then he does't give us the best chance to win and I don't want him out there anyway.  

IMO Geno rises to the occasion and knows there is a legit guy behind him. Great scenario

If that's the case then good. I don't think it would play out that way though. Geno has the gift of youth and made solid progress last season. That has value in itself. I would like to the Jets sign Schaub, Give Geno an edge in the competition and let them loose. If Geno loses out to Matt Schaub then he does't give us the best chance to win and I don't want him out there anyway.  

IMO Geno rises to the occasion and knows there is a legit guy behind him. Great scenario

I agree completely although I don't mind Schaub, I would rather have Mike Vick, as Geno's veteran competition.

All you blind people to Schaubs sucktitude, 2013 prorated stats for Schaub 16 total TD's 24 turnovers (had 10 TD's and 15 turnovers through 10 games including a pick six in 6 straight games, and 7 out of 8) 2 wins!

Geno Smith (rookie season with CONSIDERABLY worse talent) 24 total TD's and 26 turnovers starting all 16 games, 8 wins!

Matt Schaub is a bitch, a pussy, and the biggest choke artist QB in the last 10 years, worse than Romo! Look at his stats from this year with Tate, Foster, Hopkins, Daniels, and Andre Johnson, he couldn't even be an effective game manager, he was worse then Smith this year, and Sanchez last year if you count the talent each had, not to mention IF he stays healthy he has ZERO playoff wins with all that talent the last few years!

No, No, No, No to Matt Schaub, ANYONE, but him including Mark Sanchez!

All you blind people to Schaubs sucktitude, 2013 prorated stats for Schaub 16 total TD's 24 turnovers (had 10 TD's and 15 turnovers through 10 games including a pick six in 6 straight games, and 7 out of 8) 2 wins!

Geno Smith (rookie season with CONSIDERABLY worse talent) 24 total TD's and 26 turnovers starting all 16 games, 8 wins!

Matt Schaub is a bitch, a pussy, and the biggest choke artist QB in the last 10 years, worse than Romo! Look at his stats from this year with Tate, Foster, Hopkins, Daniels, and Andre Johnson, he couldn't even be an effective game manager, he was worse then Smith this year, and Sanchez last year if you count the talent each had, not to mention IF he stays healthy he has ZERO playoff wins with all that talent the last few years!

If either Schaub or Romo magically became the Jets QB they would instantly be the third best the team has ever had (not counting the failed Favre rental) behind Joe and Kenny.

In fact, Romo might be #2 ahead of Kenny O.

If either Schaub or Romo magically became the Jets QB they would instantly be the third best the team has ever had (not counting the failed Favre rental) behind Joe and Kenny.

In fact, Romo might be #2 ahead of Kenny O.

Schaub is better than Vinny? For real? I don't think that one is even close. Schaub sucks, I think he is worse than Geno, and worse than Pennington as well.

Looks like someone is having their breakout season!

What is it about Vick that makes you so interested in him?  Serious question

First, and foremost. Mike Vick is HEALTHY, probably the healthiest he's been in a long time. He probably has lost a step, but Mike Vick is still a dynamic player, can still out-scramble just about every QB in the NFL, and still has a rifle for an arm.

Second, he obviously knows Marty's system, and if the Jets can get Mike Vick, then that would increase the chance's of landing Jeremy Maclin, as they had great success together. Put them both in Martys system again, and they both could help Kerley, and any other Receiver they get in the draft or FA.

Third, I feel he's just better than anyone out there, unless of course the RAMS are ready to part ways with Bradford.

First, and foremost. Mike Vick is HEALTHY, probably the healthiest he's been in a long time. He probably has lost a step, but Mike Vick is still a dynamic player, can still out-scramble just about every QB in the NFL, and still has a rifle for an arm.

Second, he obviously knows Marty's system, and if the Jets can get Mike Vick, then that would increase the chance's of landing Jeremy Maclin, as they had great success together. Put them both in Martys system again, and they both could help Kerley, and any other Receiver they get in the draft or FA.

Third, I feel he's just better than anyone out there, unless of course the RAMS are ready to part ways with Bradford.

Did you watch Michael Vick pull a hamstring just running out of bounds and not getting his starting job back? He wasn't even ABLE to come back for like a month.

Based on what is available in free agency and via trade, I am hoping against all hope that Geno takes a giant leap forward over the offseason. 

Uh its a very very very deep QB class in the draft. damn near 10 qb's in this draft are better than scrub azz.  

Archived