EVERYTHING CHRIS JOHNSON: MERGED

LAD_Brooklyn

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said "would kill the Jets cap". Thats someone else you are quoting. And your idea of paying CJ 5m just cuz Ivory and Goodson got paid is totally wrong. Using this same logic, if Manning gets released this yr then the Ravens should grab him and pay him $25mil...just cuz they overpaid Flacco. You see how flawed ur idea is? According to you, we have two overpaid RBs and you want to add to it with another overpaid RB in CJ0.5k.

Ivory is getting $2mil per. Which other starting RB is making less then $2mil n not in his rookie deal? Incentives need to be earned, not a given. You wanna pay CJ more than what you are paying Ivory, Goodson, and Powell combined?

I get u want CJ, and if had said lets pay the 5mil since we have the space and we are not mortgaging the future by slightly overpaying, I wouldn't have disagreed with u. But the fact that u think Ivory n Goodson are overpaid so lets overpay a 3rd RB is where I have an issue with the theory. I want CJ. I hope Idzik pays him $8mil for 2 yr and guarantee $6mil out of it ($4mil bonus, $2mil 2014 base salary). I don't see why CJ would walk away from $6 mil guaranteed, even if he breaks a leg walking out of the office.

I never said "would kill the Jets cap". Thats someone else you are quoting. And your idea of paying CJ 5m just cuz Ivory and Goodson got paid is totally wrong. Using this same logic, if Manning gets released this yr then the Ravens should grab him and pay him $25mil...just cuz they overpaid Flacco. You see how flawed ur idea is? According to you, we have two overpaid RBs and you want to add to it with another overpaid RB in CJ0.5k.

Ivory is getting $2mil per. Which other starting RB is making less then $2mil n not in his rookie deal? Incentives need to be earned, not a given. You wanna pay CJ more than what you are paying Ivory, Goodson, and Powell combined?

I get u want CJ, and if had said lets pay the 5mil since we have the space and we are not mortgaging the future by slightly overpaying, I wouldn't have disagreed with u. But the fact that u think Ivory n Goodson are overpaid so lets overpay a 3rd RB is where I have an issue with the theory. I want CJ. I hope Idzik pays him $8mil for 2 yr and guarantee $6mil out of it ($4mil bonus, $2mil 2014 base salary). I don't see why CJ would walk away from $6 mil guaranteed, even if he breaks a leg walking out of the office.

That's a horrible a example that doesn't come any where near to what I was saying and very much an extreme. On being that teams don't need two high price QBs along with nothing you express in that example came no where near to the actions played out in the Chris Johnson to the Jets saga.

To land Ivory we gave up a high 4th rounder (or was it something else, I'm pretty sure it was a 4th) paid him $10 mil with $4 mil being base on incentive in which he can get if he's basically HEALTHY. Saints where in cap hell and had no leverage as they needed that space to sign their rookies. But we gave them it to them and here we can get CJ for 1 years $5 mil with the option of bringing him back for another year in 2015. On this deal we don't have to give up our high 4th rounder given to us by the Bucs in order to sign him.

2014 base salaries. Bonus is obviously not included. Essentially, $5 million is Marshawn Lynch money. Should we pay CJ that type of money? $4 million and less has equal caliber talent to Johnson, some even better. That was kind of my point.

Your link is as retarded as your point. Jamaal Charles contract is 5 for 33M Your link only shows his base salary for 2014 which is like 2.8 or something.

Your link is as retarded as your point. Jamaal Charles contract is 5 for 33M Your link only shows his base salary for 2014 which is like 2.8 or something.

Okay, we'll see how the numbers look when they come out. If I'm wrong, it's crow I eat. I expect you to do the same.

Oh, I almost forgot. You realize that we got this guy for 50% off, and saved a draft pick, regardless?

Okay, we'll see how the numbers look when they come out. If I'm wrong, it's crow I eat. I expect you to do the same.

Oh, I almost forgot. You realize that we got this guy for 50% off, and saved a draft pick, regardless?

how do I eat crow? All is said was quiviling over $1M was a joke when u have 23M to spend. Whether it's 2 for 7.6 or 10 who cares.

Is it possible that we can get off Idziks back now... I mean its only the dudes first full offseason and he's clearly made a serious impact on the offensive side of the ball... WR, TE, CB first 3 rounds and were going to war

Yeah have to agree with this.  Suddenly our offense looks respectable.  Now we need Geno to take the next step. 

U must have me confused w someone else. I don't even know what ur talking about.

All I know was your premise on RB contracts based on 2014 base salaries was dumb.

2014 base salaries. Bonus is obviously not included. Essentially, $5 million is Marshawn Lynch money. Should we pay CJ that type of money? $4 million and less has equal caliber talent to Johnson, some even better. That was kind of my point.

My words won't be as harsh as Hess's but I see no point in evaluating base salaries when we could just focus on average per year or guarantee.

http://overthecap.com/top-player-salaries.php?Position=RB

My words won't be as harsh as Hess's but I see no point in evaluating base salaries when we could just focus on average per year or guarantee.

http://overthecap.com/top-player-salaries.php?Position=RB

His words don't sting because they aren't based in fact. Yearly salary and guaranteed are all you can look at, in a CBA full of contracts with years of non guaranteed numbers.

I just took a moment to read your link. Nobody on that list is making $5 guaranteed. My point stands

His words don't sting because they aren't based in fact. Yearly salary and guaranteed are all you can look at, in a CBA full of contracts with years of non guaranteed numbers.

I just took a moment to read your link. Nobody on that list is making $5 guaranteed. My point stands

What exactly are you looking at lol?

idzidiot

Idzik is such a fool it's becoming silly now. I don't even care about Chris Johnson but it's clear that he's just utterly ineffective and just can't close most deals. He's an incompetent. 

If Idzik thinks the Jets don't instantly improve the RB position and offense with signing Chris Johnson then he's an idiot.

Ivory-Powell-Goodson-Green worst RB corps in the NFL

Looks like Izdik drew another line in the sand and Johnson walked.  Let's hope we have a great draft.  12 picks.  Not going to hit on all of them.

Well, this is embarrassing.

sigh. Charkes made a 13M guaranteed which was prob already paid but is still making over 6 on average. The money is just moved around. What he makes in 2014 is irrelevant.

The point is whether it's 2 for or 8 or 10 who cares. And for two years who cares what's guaranteed. At least half of it is for this year.

sigh. Charkes made a 13M guaranteed which was prob already paid but is still making over 6 on average. The money is just moved around. What he makes in 2014 is irrelevant.

The point is whether it's 2 for or 8 or 10 who cares. And for two years who cares what's guaranteed. At least half of it is for this year.

Right, on a two year deal, guaranteed money is less relevant (let me spell this out: he size of the deal will be smaller :) ), That's why you look at yearly base salary. So, on a two year deal, are you going to pay him Marshawn Lynch money? Because at the end of 16 games, he'll have collected that money. Or do you pay him what he's actually worth? Let me know if you want help breaking down this concept further. I can draw, a little. 

That's a horrible a example that doesn't come any where near to what I was saying and very much an extreme. On being that teams don't need two high price QBs along with nothing you express in that example came no where near to the actions played out in the Chris Johnson to the Jets saga.

To land Ivory we gave up a high 4th rounder (or was it something else, I'm pretty sure it was a 4th) paid him $10 mil with $4 mil being base on incentive in which he can get if he's basically HEALTHY. Saints where in cap hell and had no leverage as they needed that space to sign their rookies. But we gave them it to them and here we can get CJ for 1 years $5 mil with the option of bringing him back for another year in 2015. On this deal we don't have to give up our high 4th rounder given to us by the Bucs in order to sign him.

Horrible example for a horrible idea of yours. Any example would be horrible. How many teams carry 3 overpriced (according to you) RBs on their squad? U keep saying Ivory was signed for $10mil. He wasn't. It was 3 yrs 6mil. The other $4m are totally incentive based. A lot of the players have incentives. Rookies have incentives, rarely do they get reported as such though. And the 4th we gave up for Ivory has no bearing on Ivory's value. Its the price u pay to sign a non-FA.

You said "overpay CJ cuz we overpaid Ivory and Goodson". Thats just as retarded an argument can be.

$5mm/yr on average. Show me where?...actually, Trent Richardson....that's it...nice

Why don't you just look at guarantee? Why guarantee per year? Most of these guys sign extensions in their rookie contracts so their not going to have high guarantees overall better yet per year. But with all that said they are still getting paid a high salary on the yearly bases.

AP going to make $12 mil in cash, McCoy is going to make $8 mil more so due to the structure. Rice will only make $4 mil but he already got paid $18 mil in 2012 in his front loaded deal. Foster will make $6 mil this season after making $18 mil in 2012 as well. 2012 he schedule to make just under $1 mil before the extension. Trent Richard's base salary is guaranteed as a rookie nutlike these other guys he's not getting a signing bonus, roster bonus, workout bonus, incentive bonus and other such things.

Horrible example for a horrible idea of yours. Any example would be horrible. How many teams carry 3 overpriced (according to you) RBs on their squad? U keep saying Ivory was signed for $10mil. He wasn't. It was 3 yrs 6mil. The other $4m are totally incentive based. A lot of the players have incentives. Rookies have incentives, rarely do they get reported as such though. And the 4th we gave up for Ivory has no bearing on Ivory's value. Its the price u pay to sign a non-FA.

You said "overpay CJ cuz we overpaid Ivory and Goodson". Thats just as retarded an argument can be.

My idea was horrible? What was my idea lol. Please delete this thread.

Right, on a two year deal, guaranteed money is less relevant (let me spell this out: he size of the deal will be smaller :) ), That's why you look at yearly base salary. So, on a two year deal, are you going to pay him Marshawn Lynch money? Because at the end of 16 games, he'll have collected that money. Or do you pay him what he's actually worth? Let me know if you want help breaking down this concept further. I can draw, a little.

yes looking at base on a 2 yr deal usually equates. But Not when comparing that deal to every other NFL RB, like Jamaal Charles who is on a 6 yr contract....as you did to start your stupid argument.

Why don't you just look at guarantee? Why guarantee per year? Most of these guys sign extensions in their rookie contracts so their not going to have high guarantees overall better yet per year. But with all that said they are still getting paid a high salary on the yearly bases.

AP going to make $12 mil in cash, McCoy is going to make $8 mil more so due to the structure. Rice will only make $4 mil but he already got paid $18 mil in 2012 in his front loaded deal. Foster will make $6 mil this season after making $18 mil in 2012 as well. 2012 he schedule to make just under $1 mil before the extension. Trent Richard's base salary is guaranteed as a rookie nutlike these other guys he's not getting a signing bonus, roster bonus, workout bonus, incentive bonus and other such things.

If u say it really slow w hand gestures maybe he'll get it.

It's a short deal. I made the argument first on yearly average salary. You guys didn't accept that. We looked at average guaranteed per year. Not what you guys were hoping to see either. Now we are back at some sort of average yearly value discussion. It does not matter. It's a short deal. Few if any escalators. Probably not much guaranteed on year two. It come back to what is a guy with his talent supposed to make yearly on a short deal. Therefore I would venture to strongly guess the comparable yearly salaries were the leading guide.

Archived