EVERYTHING CHRIS JOHNSON: MERGED

LAD_Brooklyn

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I missing something here? He didn't sign a contract and left the facility? Doesn't that make perfect sense, since his agent wasn't there. What did we think Chris Johnson was gonna negotiate his own contract himself? That's why you pay agents. If something doesn't happen tomorrow then we can be concerned

I'll give it until tomorrow night, then if there is no deal it probably won't happen

I was a head hunter.  you don't schedule interviews without having the basic parameters of compensation already worked out.  if the interview goes well, you start negotiating

sure sometimes it boggs down in all kinds up surprises from the wife didn't like the schools to the candidate was just looking for an offer to shop, but if Idzik scheduled this meeting then low balls CJ even after it was "positive vibes all around" then it's a failure on his part and his reputation with agents will begin to become concrete

Which can be refuted by facts. But. Okay.

Facts, logic, a mental capacity higher than that of a frog. Let's not let tjat get in the way of his "opinion." If giving every child a tropy has taught me everything it's that all opinions are equally valid. Especially the ones that have absolutely no basis in reality.

Facts, logic, a mental capacity higher than that of a frog. Let's not let tjat get in the way of his "opinion." If giving every child a tropy has taught me everything it's that all opinions are equally valid. Especially the ones that have absolutely no basis in reality.

As valid as what? Says a guy who spells like a 3rd grader.

People who root for this club are something else. Prior to him visiting, all of these YouTube couch analysts were coming out of the woodwork complaining about his health, age and drop off in performance.

Now, with the guy in the building, these same birds are taking cheap pot shots at the front office for not signing him fast enough.

Please Idzik, please overpay everyone on the market! Serenity now!!

7ce3694a5566d1d06514a8ba4cb4dc9b2bccf2c0

The guy is a nice piece and if they get him to a salary that matches his value, he will be a nice addition.  It is not worth breaking the bank for a guy that may get a 12-15 touches a game.  Especially when you have Powell and the upcoming draft as other options.

yeah this time it's mildly annoying.  I understand not wanting to pay DRC the stupid contract he got but what could CJ be asking for?  A 2 year contract for 8-9 mil?  You have to spend the money somewhere.

The guy is a nice piece and if they get him to a salary that matches his value, he will be a nice addition. It is not worth breaking the bank for a guy that may get a 12-15 touches a game. Especially when you have Powell and the upcoming draft as other options.

He's a 1000 yard plus a year back that's still a threat to break plays.

How much is that worth?

He's a 1000 yard plus a year back that's still a threat to break plays.

How much is that worth?

About $4 million which is less than half of what he was scheduled to make this year.  That's a pretty bitter to pill to swallow for CJ.  Idzik is playing this just right.  If he signs elsewhere in that range and says the Jets offered $2, then we have something.

About $4 million which is less than half of what he was scheduled to make this year. That's a pretty bitter to pill to swallow for CJ. Idzik is playing this just right. If he signs elsewhere in that range and says the Jets offered $2, then we have something.

CJ's ego will have to take a step back to sign him for that much.

What would have been the reaction if Decker signed elsewhere for $9M per with $23M guaranteed? Would we have been "smart" or "cheap" by making a top offer of $7M per with $15M guaranteed?

Point is, if he doesn't ultimately sign here, all I hear are complaints rather than what these experts think CJ is worth, and at what price should the Jets walk away.

This is playing out (so far) pretty similarly to Vick. Jets are going to have to wait until 31 other teams also agree not to pay him 300-400 touch, starter money.  If someone gives it to him, he'll sign elsewhere.  If not, we'll make a reasonable offer for the role he'll be asked to play here.

Idzik didn't have a problem overpaying injury prone RB Ivory and Goodson. Now when Johnson comes to the mix we're acting cheap? either that or Johnson over estimating his value. But if nothing gets done then we must move on. Got to assume he's worth more then Reggie Bush's $4 mil figure but he can't get over $5.5 as he doesn't really have that much of a demand. But hopefully they told him what he wants to know as far as role on the team, then his agent and Idzik can hammer out a contract.

What would have been the reaction if Decker signed elsewhere for $9M per with $23M guaranteed? Would we have been "smart" or "cheap" by making a top offer of $7M per with $15M guaranteed?

Tough to compare Decker and Johnson. Decker is ascending player that was an absolute need for the team. Johnson is a player that is on the decline and is likely more of a luxury for the team as we have capable running backs.

I agree with you that this is playing out like Vick. Vick like Johnson is a player that is past his best years. And Vick first rejected our offer, then came crawling back. With a limited amount of teams in the market for a running back I wouldn't be surprised if he comes crawling back like Vick did in a week.

People here have to appreciate the fact that these single incidents need to be understood in the bigger picture, which is that if your Darelle Revis, Cromartie, Holmes, Decker or Chris Johnson, or some young tight end like Jeff Cumberland, that nobody holds this team hostage anymore and performance is rewarded.

Archived