Bills WRs

stoicsentry

They are doing exactly what the Jets will be doing. Giving their young QB enough options to see if they are worth their salt. I don't think Manuel or Smith are franchise QBs, but with enough weapons you coul hide both enough effectively.

I also think they try to move Stevie Johnson and you can't really count on Mike Williams.

I also think they try to move Stevie Johnson and you can't really count on Mike Williams.

I think this is the case.  Both the ESPN and NFL channel analysts suggested Johnson might be available for a trade.

They are doing exactly what the Jets will be doing. Giving their young QB enough options to see if they are worth their salt. I don't think Manuel or Smith are franchise QBs, but with enough weapons you coul hide both enough effectively.

You can compare the RBs, but the Bills are significantly better than the Jets at WR, and probably at  TE as well. Even with a 2nd round pick at WR, I don't think the Jets have given Geno enough to accurately evaluate him.

You can compare the RBs, but the Bills are significantly better than the Jets at WR, and probably at TE as well. Even with a 2nd round pick at WR, I don't think the Jets have given Geno enough to accurately evaluate him.

******* Idzik. Why didn't he trade away next year's first? He doesn't care, that's why

Well said. You're spot on. 

Trade away next year's first??!?!?!? Do you think we are one player away? That is rubbish, absolute bs. Idzik is playing the long game. We are not one player away, we have a few holes that need to be filled and Idzik is doing the right thing. If Watkins does not pan out then you can't do jack squat next year in the 1st round....and the 4th round. You are dependant on the 2nd round. These types of deep drafts don't occur every year. The wise move is to stay pat and draft players that can help you build the team back. The Bills are going for a home run but it is likely that instead they may strike out.

The tortoise and the hare, the hare is flashly but the tortoise wins the race. Idzik is the tortoise.

LL

The wise move is to stay pat and draft players that can help you build the team back. The Bills are going for a home run but it is likely that instead they may strike out.

Exactly, 

. These types of deep drafts don't occur every year. 

Exactly why I'm glad we kept all of our picks this year, making the move.

I honestly thought it was a terrible move. So many reasons why it was terrible. It wasn't a position of need on a team where there are a lot of needs for starters. Just a terrible decision.

Exactly, 

Exactly why I'm glad we kept all of our picks this year, making the move.

Buffalo was smart in keeping their picks this year BUT if this year is not a playoff year and they are sub .500 again, then next year's draft will be a boon for the Browns and a huge bust for the Bills. Its a very risky proposition. The Bills better hope that their team is a playoff team in 2014.

I honestly thought it was a terrible move. So many reasons why it was terrible. It wasn't a position of need on a team where there are a lot of needs for starters. Just a terrible decision.

Speed? Check. Explosiveness? Check. Great hands? Check. Physicality in both yards after the catch and to get off press coverage? Check and check. He is an instant impact type of player.

He was the top guy on their board, and per Schefter, he was #1 on multiple teams boards. Absolutely love it. 

Speed? Check. Explosiveness? Check. Great hands? Check. Physicality in both yards after the catch and to get off press coverage? Check and check. He is an instant impact type of player.

He was the top guy on their board, and per Schefter, he was #1 on multiple teams boards. Absolutely love it. 

Most WR's still take 3 years to adjust to the NFL game. Even the great Calvin and Andre Johnson's of the NFL had a bumpy first three season. His measurables were arguably not even the best in this draft at his position. They do not compare in anyway to the Andre and Calvin's of the world. Even with all that being said, I prefer a team that builds from the inside, out. I'm not saying he is trash, just saying that trading up for him on a team like Buffalo is a mistake. I would have been pissed if the Jets traded up for a WR in this draft's first round. I can't change my opinion for the Bills when the Bills have further to go to be a contender.

I don't think this GM and coach will be around very long in Buffalo,

New ownership will have their hands full and bring in a new coach and

GM, I like their new DC, but their coach just does not have the acumen

to put it all together, he was a hell of line coach for the Jets under

Edwards.

Most WR's still take 3 years to adjust to the NFL game. Even the great Calvin and Andre Johnson's of the NFL had a bumpy first three season. His measurables were arguably not even the best in this draft at his position. They do not compare in anyway to the Andre and Calvin's of the world. Even with all that being said, I prefer a team that builds from the inside, out. I'm not saying he is trash, just saying that trading up for him on a team like Buffalo is a mistake. I would have been pissed if the Jets traded up for a WR in this draft's first round. I can't change my opinion for the Bills when the Bills have further to go to be a contender.

Everything about this makes perfect sense. So with that Pryor was a better pick in my eyes then Watkins.

You can compare the RBs, but the Bills are significantly better than the Jets at WR, and probably at  TE as well. Even with a 2nd round pick at WR, I don't think the Jets have given Geno enough to accurately evaluate him.

when is the last time we could adequately evaluate the qb?

Even if Sammy turns out to be a Julio Jones type talent, the fact remains that a WR cannot take a team into the playoffs. You need above average QB play and some defense. While the Jills have some impressive talent on their roster, they also have a lot of firewood. At least when the Falcons traded up for Julio, they had a well rounded roster.

when is the last time we could adequately evaluate the qb?

I don't think we can't...problem was the Sanchez pick was all about Woody. As the Tebow signing...we won games which ended up compounding the problem.

I think not taking the 3 guys who just went shows that.

I don't think we can't...problem was the Sanchez pick was all about Woody. As the Tebow signing...we won games which ended up compounding the problem.

I think not taking the 3 guys who just went shows that.

i agree with you--sick of hearing "no weapons, can't evaluate," but the irony is there is massive love for kerley and nelson around here. lotta inconsistent homerism.

i agree with you--sick of hearing "no weapons, can't evaluate," but the irony is there is massive love for kerley and nelson around here. lotta inconsistent homerism.

Kerley's a legit NFL starter...Nelsons a JAG. But way better than the dopes we've had. Clyde Gates? Mitchell Friedman?

Maybe Nelson..but to be fair Jeremy Kerley has produced well here and keeps progressing. He is only going into his 4th season. I don't see the problem with showing Kerley love when he is the only WR making plays out there.

So what you're really saying is one more year and Stephen Hill is a stud possibly? 

Archived