Cimini's take: Trade Hill for a corner. Pryor the real deal.

pointman

Not saying it won't be... But it's a little soon sir.

I thought Cortland Finnegan would've been a better risk than Patterson, but what do I know.

I think IdZiks gained a little freedom to put his team together...I'm being patient.

Cortland Finnegan? Are you 124?  The guy is getting $11+M over 2 with $5.5M guaranteed.  

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly.

He was like..."Vontae is good #1 cb @ 6-7 per, but cracked out Vontae is no bueno @ 10 per."

And..."Captain is a great slot guy @ 1.75...but hes to damn short @ 3.75."

And..."DRC would make a great #2 guy @ 5-6 mil...but hes to damn lazy @ 8."

WHAT IS WRONG IN THINKING LIKE THIS?!

This is how I want my GM to think!

sounds to me like he just under estimated the corner market. or you can say that every  team that signed a corner that idzik wanted grossly overpaid. take your pick. who knows, maybe Patterson plays solid and Antonio allen is the next troy brown. but I wouldn't count on it. just remember this line of thinking when/if the jets get torched all season for huge yardage thru the air

sounds to me like he just under estimated the corner market. or you can say that every  team that signed a corner that idzik wanted grossly overpaid. take your pick. who knows, maybe Patterson plays solid and Antonio allen is the next troy brown. but I wouldn't count on it. just remember this line of thinking when/if the jets get torched all season for huge yardage thru the air

The funny thing about "this line of thinking" is that I think with sh*tty CBs the Jets will give up less yards through the air.  One of the problems with Cromartie's bad season was that he was not uniformly horrible.  He did not fall off a cliff.  His completions against were fine.  He just got burned for a ton of long plays.  Ryan relied on him because he had done it with success in 2012 and Cro wasn't just getting beat all over the field. I can't imagine that Antonio Allen will be on Allen's Island.  They will probably provide more S help and Pryor should be more capable of assisting than the Yerimiah Bell's and Dawan Landry's of the world

It never was a buyer's market.  Even with as many CB's available on the market as there were they were all getting paid ridiculous sums.  DRC got $8M per despite finding his way off of 3 different teams.  Alterraun Verner, pretty much a pure zoner corner, got $6.5M per.  And Vontae Davis, the guy who made the most sense, did not give Indy a hometown discount whatsoever.  He got $10M per.

You can disagree with the amount all you like, but the market sets itself, and if an average CB is getting 6-8 mil, you pay 6-8 mi. Instead the Jets are sitting on 20 plus mil in cap and have what I promise you will be a bottom five secondary this season. I guess that's fine if management is willing to suck this year and trying to build long term through the draft, but it's going to be a long sad year for Jets fans thinking division or even 500 this season.

You can disagree with the amount all you like, but the market sets itself, and if an average CB is getting 6-8 mil, you pay 6-8 mi.

No you don't.  You pay for players based on whether they fit your system and are actually worth the coin you give them.  Spending just to spend is stupid.

No you don't.  You pay for players based on whether they fit your system and are actually worth the coin you give them.  Spending just to spend is stupid.

That makes no sense, are you trying to argue there were no CB's available in FA that fit the Jets system so they said screw it,  we're just going to line up a bunch of scrubs and see what happens? Are you saying that not one of the cb's available in FA wouldn't have made the Jets better either starting or depth? Or is it even possible in your mind that your GM totally screwed the pooch at the CB position? I mean what system are they using that counts on unproven players, late round rookies and Jags over young proven quality CB's?    

That makes no sense, are you trying to argue there were no CB's available in FA that fit the Jets system so they said screw it,  we're just going to line up a bunch of scrubs and see what happens? Are you saying that not one of the cb's available in FA wouldn't have made the Jets better either starting or depth? Or is it even possible in your mind that your GM totally screwed the pooch at the CB position? I mean what system are they using that counts on unproven players, late round rookies and Jags over young proven quality CB's?

Isn't that the method the Pats use to find WRs? Maybe the Jets were just going tit for tat.

He literally said none of those things.

1322508229_wrestling_team_fail.gif

Pipe down and make me a sandwich.

If it is it's just as stupid as what the Jets are trying to do, but I guess you like the way things are looking in the Jets secondary right?

You're a terrible troll and have no reading or comprehension skills whatsoever.

Geno implodes, and Woody decides he just can't part with Rex for some unknown reason, you can't give him another rookie QB. You'd be better off throwing dollars and draft picks into an incinerator, given the history.

I'm like a mini-bollywood when it comes to Jets QB.    Kirk Cousins was the answer last year for a mid-rd pick and he will be the answer this off-season for a mid-rd pick.  

I'm like a mini-bollywood when it comes to Jets QB.    Kirk Cousins was the answer last year for a mid-rd pick and he will be the answer this off-season for a mid-rd pick.  

Cousins was not on the trading block, they were not fielding any offers no matter what, and Washington only said so about 80 times. Only thing that might have pried him loose was a 1. I think they would have changed their tune for that, but no one was offering a 1 for him (not last year, not this year, not next year).

But a mid-round pick last year with RGIII still hobbling and not yet 50/50 to start the season? Very wishful hindsight thinking on your part (particularly the way you paint it as some type of slam dunk deal that only a fool doesn't make). It's not a legitimate complaint unless you have actual knowledge Washington was looking for a mid-round pick. It's just baseless complaining to complain. C'mon, man. You were never like this.

Archived