I sat in the coaches club today

Maxman

The coaches club, wow. I didn't pay for my seats so I didn't have to worry about that. :)  Money aside, wow. It is insane in there. Free food, free beverages (you pay for your alcohol). The view is unreal. The vendor threw in pregame field passes as well. That didn't suck either.

They lend you this nice camera to take pictures, so that is what I did.

Also saw Marvin Jones after the game. Talked to him about JetNation and then he cursed at me. That is always a good feeling, lol.

Marvin Jones cursed at you? Why? I met Marvin when he played with the Jets. He seemed like a really cool dude. What you do to him Max lol.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was just messing around. Someone told him to do an interview with JetNation and he cursed at me and said no way.  He was amazing btw, so good with the fans. Just walked up to people and was hanging out with them. This one guy didn't recognize him and didn't believe it was really Marvin Jones. So Marvin takes out his license to prove it, pretty funny the guy felt pretty stupid.

Oh and Jason Fabini was in the coaches club as well.  He said, "Tell Glenn I got his email and I would love to do an interview with you guys".

Air Force Jet Fan spreading the word about JetNation.  Pretty cool.

That's funny, a buddy of mine was there today too, and apparently hanging out with Fabini.

Sounds like it's a pretty good time; ya know, just as long as you're a big enough deal to get yourself there to begin with.

Sure he could, if he could lease them.

Leasing costs more than buying, so yes, I can afford them if I wanted them (and I don't).

I sat in the Coaches Club for the Indy preseason game as I have a friend with seats there.  I go to games to watch the game, not eat food and sniff sweaty players.  I don't feel like I'm missing anything.  And because I get to the stadium very early to avoid the nasty parking lot experience, I sit in the Commissioners Club seats from 11:00 to 12:00 before each game as the ushers let me and my kids down there, get to see them warm up and it has the same impact.

SAR I

Leasing costs more than buying, so yes, I can afford them if I wanted them (and I don't).

I sat in the Coaches Club for the Indy preseason game as I have a friend with seats there. I go to games to watch the game, not eat food and sniff sweaty players. I don't feel like I'm missing anything. And because I get to the stadium very early to avoid the nasty parking lot experience, I sit in the Commissioners Club seats from 11:00 to 12:00 before each game as the ushers let me and my kids down there, get to see them warm up and it has the same impact.

SAR I

Hee hee, somebody's feathers appear to be a bit ruffled...

The coaches club, wow. I didn't pay for my seats so I didn't have to worry about that. :)  Money aside, wow. It is insane in there. Free food, free beverages (you pay for your alcohol). The view is unreal. The vendor threw in pregame field passes as well. That didn't suck either.

They lend you this nice camera to take pictures, so that is what I did.

Also saw Marvin Jones after the game. Talked to him about JetNation and then he cursed at me. That is always a good feeling, lol.

Hard to hold back the tears Im so happy for you right now. 

Hee hee, somebody's feathers appear to be a bit ruffled...

Not at all.  I have 4 seats so the thought of spending $28,000 per season to watch NFL football is ludicrous to me, doesn't matter how much money you have.

I like watching the game, the non-football extras like food and cameras don't matter to me, I sit with good fans up in the Mezzanine, I'm very happy. 

SAR I

Not at all. I have 4 seats so the thought of spending $28,000 per season to watch NFL football is ludicrous to me, doesn't matter how much money you have.

I like watching the game, the non-football extras like food and cameras don't matter to me, I sit with good fans up in the Mezzanine, I'm very happy.

SAR I

I kno, man...just messin with ya.

Since this was the Coaches Club, I assume:

-The service was disorganized. Wait staff got more attention than the bartenders, who were left to their own devices to get the job done.

-Some mole from food services was bad mouthing the organization of food prep.

-Some foods were hot, while others were cold. 

-No one in general seemed in charge, people were just trusted to do their jobs and be professionals

-At the end of the day, one was left with a mediocre experience.

-The service was disorganized. Wait staff got more attention than the bartenders, who were left to their own devices to get the job done.

-No one in general seemed in charge, people were just trusted to do their jobs and be professionals

I worked briefly for ARAMark, and boy that sounds familiar.

gotta luv da SA-izzle R-azzizle

You will not believe this but:

This morning, 287, Tappan Zee Bridge, I see an old BMW M3 with its drivers seat pushed all the way up, a dark haired petite man at the wheel, NJ plates, and a Syracuse license plate frame.  I finally get this familiar face's attention by waving my hand and he waves back.  If he had put his window down I would have said "Nice win yesterday, Go Jets!"

SAR I

That was pretty good Scott!  I like the creativity lol.

You will not believe this but:

This morning, 287, Tappan Zee Bridge, I see an old BMW M3 with its drivers seat pushed all the way up, a dark haired petite man at the wheel, NJ plates, and a Syracuse license plate frame.  I finally get this familiar face's attention by waving my hand and he waves back.  If he had put his window down I would have said "Nice win yesterday, Go Jets!"

SAR I

I'm grasping at the reference; I'm with you about the win. 

holy smokes JOE WALTON?

POTW NOM

Ive been inside the club before it kind of ruins you for the other seats.

Obviously the inside areas are climate controlled which is a big perk for a huge chunk of the Jets home games (anytime there is rain, sept can get too hot, nov and dec can be brutally cold). 

On a day like yesterday it's not as big of a bonus, but it's still nice to get out of the direct sun. 

The food is good for stadium standards. There's something amazing about watching the game and getting freshly baked cookies at the same time.  Even if it's institutionally baked it's clutch. They have a candy station but that is usually manned by a staff member who asks you what you want. No putting your hands in the M&M bowl. 

Archived