Was it rally Mark Sanchezs fault?

joewilly12

It's a fair question. I don't think it was as much of his fault as I used to.

wait until foles goes down somehow and he leads the eagles to the division title...don't know off hand when they play the giants at met life but he'll prob clinch it there

wait until foles goes down somehow and he leads the eagles to the division title...don't know off hand when they play the giants at met life but he'll prob clinch it there

I can see it. I hated Sanchez up until last years pre season. I thought he was starting to develop. He will come back to haunt us.

Sanchez downfall started on that Sunday night in Baltimore with the beating he took.

The Giants game put in full motion 

And his inability to control the huddle in the Miami game ended whatever hopes Sanchez and the Jets had of him ever becoming a decent QB here.

Bringing in Tebow was p!ssing on his grave

I know im starting foolish threads but Im at a loss tonight

really sorry

Mark Sanchez was the best quarterback the Jets have seen since Joe Namath. After his first two seasons, and all that high-pressure success and all that post-season dominance we were poised for greatness at that position. Tell me, might there have been a hotter start to a rookie's career than Mark Sanchez 2009 and 2010? We went on an 18-4 run at one point with him at the helm and green as can be.

A more competent head coach may have developed him into a star. We will never know.

SAR I

Nope. Mark Sanchez got thrown to the wolves in NY. That offensive line was absolutely horrid and nobody would have succeeded behind it in 2011 and 2012, especially with no real offensive play makers (which doesn't even matter when you have no protection). I remember watching Jets games the year you went 6-10 and a flood of defensive linemen and pass rushers were all over him, almost every play, no later than the ball reached his hands. The buttfumble put an exclamation point on everyone's frustrations (which got unfaily aimed a Sanchez),  but as embarrassing as that play was, it might have happened to a lot of people. It was just one of those things that happen, it just happened to happen to him, when the heat was already on.

I also think Rex has trouble developing quarterbacks.

I think in the right system, with the right coaching, Sanchez could find himself at the low end of the top 10 quarterbacks in the league.

I wonder how much he's regressed since the preseason injury.

My opinion is the NY Jets problem has been Rex Ryan. It was never Sanchez.

Mark Sanchez was the best quarterback the Jets have seen since Joe Namath. After his first two seasons, and all that high-pressure success and all that post-season dominance we were poised for greatness at that position. Tell me, might there have been a hotter start to a rookie's career than Mark Sanchez 2009 and 2010? We went on an 18-4 run at one point with him at the helm and green as can be.

A more competent head coach may have developed him into a star. We will never know.

SAR I

The turn for Sanchez came after he went 26/18/57%/3474 in 2010, then showed up to camp in 2011 where his receivers were Plaxico Burress, Derrick Mason, and Santonio Holmes--each of whom were cancerous scumbags who were forcibly ejected from their prior teams. But of course, they were going to come to the Good Ship Rex and fall in line behind his maverick, trash-talking, bad boy, counter-culture leadership. Instead, they spent that summer running a train on Sanchez, so much so that Mason had to be cut during camp--this after Rex said he'd catch "80 balls" in this offense.

The turn for Sanchez came after he went 26/18/57%/3474 in 2010, then showed up to camp in 2011 where his receivers were Plaxico Burress, Derrick Mason, and Santonio Holmes--each of whom were cancerous scumbags who were forcibly ejected from their prior teams. But of course, they were going to come to the Good Ship Rex and fall in line behind his maverick, trash-talking, bad boy, counter-culture leadership. Instead, they spent that summer running a train on Sanchez, so much so that Mason had to be cut during camp--this after Rex said he'd catch "80 balls" in this offense.

Agree, only part you are leaving out is that the line also sucked in 2011, which was the beginning of the end. In 2012 Sparano put the nail in the Sanchez coffin.

Sanchez was never going to be an upper echelon QB, but he could have been a decent QB who appeared to have some Eli type clutch in him.

Sanchez was the poster of how not to develop a QB. Start him too early, don't make him earn anything, give him horrible OC, take away his best receivers and replace them with crap, bring in an even worse OC.

But on the positive side, we were oh so damn close to giving Rex Revis and Aso! Could you imagine how good that 2011 D would a bin?  Oh, way, I forgot.....

Sanchez was the poster of how not to develop a QB. Start him too early, don't make him earn anything, give him horrible OC, take away his best receivers and replace them with crap, bring in an even worse OC.

So glad Rex learned from that

Archived