Coles

Keyshawn

Chrebet

Martin

Mcneil 

Shuler

Cotchery

this is pretty brutal

Historically this franchise has put very, very little priority on the offensive side of the ball.  In the past, you could have justified this far more than you can today

Historically this franchise has put very, very little priority on the offensive side of the ball.  In the past, you could have justified this far more than you can today

In the 70's and 80's and early 90's, they put the majority of their emphasis on offense, and had notoriously bad secondary's.

For decades, until Revis, the jets CB was a notorious bad position.

In your opinion, who are the 10 best jets skill position players ever?

don't really need to be in order, unless you want to

choose from qb, wr, rb, and te

I am forced to exclude players "before my time", as I don't think I can reasonably judge Namath, Snell, Boozer, Maynard, etc.  I never saw them play beyond the old recording of the Super Bowl.

So with them out, my list of "10 Best Jets Skill Position (WR/TE/RB/QB) Players in MY Time (circa 1980-2014)".

1. Al Toon

2. Curtis Martin

3. Freeman McNeil

4. Wayne Chrebet

5. Wesley Walker

6. Ken O'Brien

7. Chad Pennington

8. Laverne & Shirley Coles

9. Mickey Shuler

Hon Mention:  Pat Leahy

I am forced to exclude players "before my time", as I don't think I can reasonably judge Namath, Snell, Boozer, Maynard, etc.  I never saw them play beyond the old recording of the Super Bowl.

So with them out, my list of "10 Best Jets Skill Position (WR/TE/RB/QB) Players in MY Time (circa 1980-2014)".

1. Al Toon

2. Curtis Martin

3. Freeman McNeil

4. Wayne Chrebet

5. Wesley Walker

6. Ken O'Brien

7. Chad Pennington

8. Laverne & Shirley Coles

9. Mickey Shuler

Hon Mention:  Pat Leahy

Nice inclusion of the honorable mention, and deserved.

Nice inclusion of the honorable mention, and deserved.

Indeed.  If Folk plays another 20 years, he could be the Hon. Mention, he's been very very good.

Other guys of note in my Era:

Rob Moore (WR)

Keyshawn Johnson (WR)

Vinny Testeverde (QB)

Johnny Johnson (RB)

Adrian Murrell (RB)

Richard Todd (QB)

Sadly, most o fthese guys were either too short in duration, or disappointed in some other way.

Anderson is certainly my wildcard in that bunch, but I chose him because of my PSU bias and how dynamic he was both rushing and receiving.

He was good. Not sure top 10 good but that might be a poor reflection on the Jets more than anything else. Funny though, he was ahead of his time and they could use a player like that now.

Could the argument be made that the Jags and Panthers have had better talent in 19 years than we have had in our WHOLE EXISTENCE??

The ONLY relevant player we have had in the past 20 years is Curtis Martin......and he was a grinder, not a game changer...

this team sucks because it has never even attempted to play on the offensive side of the ball.....we have absolutely zero game changers in the past 20 years.....and if someone counts Santana Moss or Leon Washington i will backhand you

Could the argument be made that the Jags and Panthers have had better talent in 19 years than we have had in our WHOLE EXISTENCE??

The ONLY relevant player we have had in the past 20 years is Curtis Martin......and he was a grinder, not a game changer...

this team sucks because it has never even attempted to play on the offensive side of the ball.....we have absolutely zero game changers in the past 20 years.....and if someone counts Santana Moss or Leon Washington i will backhand you

I'm awaiting my b*tch slap!

I am forced to exclude players "before my time", as I don't think I can reasonably judge Namath, Snell, Boozer, Maynard, etc. I never saw them play beyond the old recording of the Super Bowl.

1. Al Toon

2. Curtis Martin

3. Freeman McNeil

4. Wayne Chrebet

5. Wesley Walker

6. Ken O'Brien

7. Chad Pennington

8. Laverne & Shirley Coles

9. Mickey Shuler

Hon Mention: Pat Leahy

great list. I would probably take out Chad and put in either rob Moore or Santana moss.

santanna moss? used to be my favorite player on the squad back than.. started a very nice career with the Jets.

Top 10 (no qb's)

1. Don Maynard

2. Curtis Martin

3. Matt snell

4. John Riggins

5. Wesley Walker

6. Wayne Chrebet

7. Freeman Mcniel

8. Al Toon

9. Mickey Shuler

10. Keyshawn Johnson

HM: Leon Washington (over 6300 AP yards with the Jets, and was one of the best kick returners in the league at the time)

Going to go with the Warfish model and exclude the 60's/70's greats that I never ever saw play, even as a little kid.  I will also exclude QBs, which isn't that difficult because most of them have been terrible. :)  Nothing really too innovative here...

1. Al Toon

2. Curtis Martin

3. Wesley Walker

4. Wayne Chrebet

5. Freeman McNeil

6. Laveranues Coles

7. Mickey Shuler

8. Jerricho Cotchery

9. Leon Washington

10. Keyshawn Johnson

Honorable mentions--  Santana Moss, Richie Anderson, Rob Moore, Adrian Murrell, Thomas Jones

Archived