Ian Rapoport- Rex safer than Idzik to keep job?

Matt39

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things are about to get so ugly that nobody will be safe. Granted Johnson loves Ryan, but business is business even if you're as complete a moron as Robert Wood Little Lord Fauntelroy Richie Rich Johnson the 3rd. We are on the cusp of Kotitian suckitude. When 1-4 gets to 1 and what ever, nobody survives.

When 1-4 gets to 1 and what ever, nobody survives.

here's to hoping. I don't have a problem with the cleaning of entire house and getting a different person to run the whole thing. That's fair.

I have a problem rewarding Idzik by letting him pick the next HC. He hasn't earned any trust. The guy gave a million bucks to Dimitri Patterson. Still the 2014 Jets' 10th highest paid player. 

here's to hoping. I don't have a problem with the cleaning of entire house and getting a different person to run the whole thing. That's fair.

I have a problem rewarding Idzik by letting him pick the next HC. He hasn't earned any trust. The guy gave a million bucks to Dimitri Patterson. Still the 2014 Jets' 10th highest paid player.

Fair to say in 2 years spare some cap management that really anyone with a shred of common sense would have done Idzik has done nothing to justify coming back.

Bit this is off topic, but I don't get to see any West Coast Football.  How is Brett Hundley looking?

Firing Idzik doesn't make the team better.

You're not rewarding Idzik by "letting" him pick the next coach, you're letting him do the job you hired him for.

Idzik isn't going anywhere. The "all options on the table" for him means that he can keep Rex or fire him, IMHO. Not that he could possibly be fired.

I don't think so.   Idzik can talk all he wants about building through the draft but just about every move he's made has been a failure.   from peterman to petterson to goodsen, McDougal, Saunders, Enunwa, George, boyd, dixon.   batting .300 may be good in baseball but it just doesn't work as GM of an NFL team.  

how about picking an NFL caliber WR instead of wasting 3 picks in the 4th+5th rds?

the Eagles moved up for Jordan Matthews. the Jets certainly had a lot more to offer.

Jordan Matthews, playing in a Star Wars-style offense, has 19 grabs and averages 8 ypc. Amaro has 14 grabs and averages 10+.

Agree...as long as they get rid of idziot and bring in someone who is at least half competent I don't care if they fire everyone from scouting to coaches to cafeteria lady (prob giving them junk food)

I will never understand the crazy loyalty around here to a suit who never even played the game ...its nuts..I think too many people are way into fantacy football and think they are GMs and somehow associate themselves with this idziot

100% accurate. So let's say Idzik gets to pick the new head coach....that means everyone here who is defending Idzik's "right" to pick a new HC this year will be saying that the next HC needs three years to "do the job he was brought here to do." Since Idzik and the next HC are a packaged deal, does that mean Idzik gets five free years to figure sh*r out?

Let's say we go 2-14 next year. Does Idzik survive that? If not, then do you fire the next HC after one year along with Idzik, and then bring in a new GM who has to inherit another HC he doesn't want? Is that any way to run a franchise? Heck no, it's not. Cut our losses now, fire everyone and bring in an established guy who you can give all power to. This team needs a Bill Parcells type figure head who can at least bring respect back to the organization. Without that Cowher/Holmgren/Harbaugh type presence (not saying I love all on this list), this organization will never be able to attract real head coaching candidates. 

We'll be interviewing Maurice Carthon for HC next year at this rate. No way anyone from Seattle bails on a potential dynasty for this train wreck of an organization.

Which 12 players?

12 different ones............... I would have preferred Benjamin ..........or packaged some picks and traded up for Watkins.

Instead we picked 12   2 play 1 injured 1 on the practice squad 4 out of 12

Look on the bright side we have $28 million in cap money left.............

The media will push and push hard for Rex to stay , it will get worse and worse, we all know this I'm not breaking any news here...he sells papers and gives them access , they are not jet fans they have no interest in wins and losses.

You're not rewarding Idzik by "letting" him pick the next coach, you're letting him do the job you hired him for.

See, I just dont get your logic here, or your blind faith in Idzik. You seem to be a very smart guy, so I am a bit confused here.

He was what was left of the candidates being considered by Woody, under the condition that Rex WAS to be RETAINED! Remember, they announced Rex would be back when they fired Tanny?

Right there, I would not have had any confidence in anyone hired under that ridiculous circumstance, although willing to take a wait and see approach was fine.

Idzik has nothing in his background that tells me he has any ability to mold this franchise into a winner. He retained most of Tanny's staff, and signed up knowing Rex was going to be kept around.

Then, danced in the locker room after WOODY announced Rex was coming back again, after an 8-8 season!

His drafts have largely sucked, not only in the talent, but the strategy.

His willingness to sink with Geno and no backup plan whatsoever is horrendous.

Rex absolutely has to go, he should have been gone after 2012, but Idzik should go as well. He has shown nothing to say he has the ability to pick a head coach whatsoever, nor pick talent, nor have a valid plan for the franchise.

If Rex is kept and Idzik is fired, I am without a doubt done with this franchise for as long as Woody owns this team. I will just not invest any more of my time or energy on this team if that happens.

If Idzik is kept and Rex is gone, I will accept it, but will be on record saying it is a waste of 2-3 more years.

The absolute right thing to do would be for Woody to have a Mea Culpa, and get rid of both clowns, and get in someone to run the whole damn thing, someone with the right background.

Yeah, Rex should be given his 3rd QB to NOT develop, and more time, exactly what we need. This happens, I am so done with this ridiculous franchise.

He's yet to have a QB who isn't the bottom of the statistic barrel. I'd like to see what the guy can pull off with even an average QB who isn't turning over the ball at league-leadng rates. So far in his tenure here, he's NEVER had that.

He's yet to have a QB who isn't the bottom of the statistic barrel. I'd like to see what the guy can pull off with even an average QB who isn't turning over the ball at league-leadng rates. So far in his tenure here, he's NEVER had that.

I think by the time Rex gets his 7th QB, he should be able to have an average offense. Of course "his defense" will always be far more important than "the offense"

Dollars to donuts, Rapoport got this from a beat guy.

This morning "his people" were telling him that Johnson will evaluate things after the season. A week after it was in every paper, radio and local tv report.

Got to love inside info he brings to the table

See, I just dont get your logic here, or your blind faith in Idzik. You seem to be a very smart guy, so I am a bit confused here.

He was what was left of the candidates being considered by Woody, under the condition that Rex WAS to be RETAINED! Remember, they announced Rex would be back when they fired Tanny?

Right there, I would not have had any confidence in anyone hired under that ridiculous circumstance, although willing to take a wait and see approach was fine.

Idzik has nothing in his background that tells me he has any ability to mold this franchise into a winner. He retained most of Tanny's staff, and signed up knowing Rex was going to be kept around.

Then, danced in the locker room after WOODY announced Rex was coming back again, after an 8-8 season!

His drafts have largely sucked, not only in the talent, but the strategy.

His willingness to sink with Geno and no backup plan whatsoever is horrendous.

Rex absolutely has to go, he should have been gone after 2012, but Idzik should go as well. He has shown nothing to say he has the ability to pick a head coach whatsoever, nor pick talent, nor have a valid plan for the franchise.

If Rex is kept and Idzik is fired, I am without a doubt done with this franchise for as long as Woody owns this team. I will just not invest any more of my time or energy on this team if that happens.

If Idzik is kept and Rex is gone, I will accept it, but will be on record saying it is a waste of 2-3 more years.

The absolute right thing to do would be for Woody to have a Mea Culpa, and get rid of both clowns, and get in someone to run the whole damn thing, someone with the right background.

A few things:

1. There are no more of those guys that you'd want to give complete control to. Harbaugh is a psychopath, Gruden would draft 40 different QBs from D-III, and I don't want to give Cowher 12 years to win a title. Look at how badly Belichick butchers that Pats roster year in and year out. You need a GM and you need a coach. What the Jets need is a capable guy that outranks both of them to insure that there's a clearly defined organizational philosophy.

2. Rex sucks and has produced the same results with every draft class he's been handed, so it's hard to speculate how bad a GM is when the player development is obviously crap.

3. You have to give Idzik a shot with *his* coach.

Archived