The Last Serviceable Mid Round pick the Jets developed in the Secondary

Gen X Jet

The thing is, we were always good against the run with Rex, even before the Wilkerson and Richardson and Snacks... we were pretty tough against the run anyway, with regular pedestrian blue collar guys. So when we drafted in early rounds elite defensive linemen, it didn't improve us anyway. We basically remained solid against the run (maybe the pass rush got a little better), but we stink everywhere else.

If you define the mid-rounds as rounds 3-5, the Jets haven't selected a DB in the mid-rounds since Dwight Lowery in 2008, and he played pretty well before they let him go. Before that was Eric Smith, who was pretty much a cornerstone of the team Mangini built.

Hard to coach up talent that isn't even drafted.

The thing is, we were always good against the run with Rex, even before the Wilkerson and Richardson and Snacks... we were pretty tough against the run anyway, with regular pedestrian blue collar guys. So when we drafted in early rounds elite defensive linemen, it didn't improve us anyway. We basically remained solid against the run (maybe the pass rush got a little better), but we stink everywhere else.

they've spent 3 first round picks on the secondary in the Rex Ryan era. 

We were one of the worst run D in the Mangini era.

We were one of the worst run D in the Mangini era.

that's what I mean - with Rex we were always good against the run anyway..  

Speaking of  Mangini, from what I remember, if Kris Jenkins could've stayed  healthy, our whole D-Line would have been a lot better.

btw - who was a first round pick in the secondary other than Pryor and Wilson?

that's what I mean - with Rex we were always good against the run anyway..

Speaking of Mangini, from what I remember, if Kris Jenkins could've stayed healthy, our whole D-Line would have been a lot better.

btw - who was a first round pick in the secondary other than Pryor and Wilson?

milliner

If you define the mid-rounds as rounds 3-5, the Jets haven't selected a DB in the mid-rounds since Dwight Lowery in 2008, and he played pretty well before they let him go. Before that was Eric Smith, who was pretty much a cornerstone of the team Mangini built.

Hard to coach up talent that isn't even drafted.

Yeah but, something.

How has Antonio Allen not been mentioned?  Does he not count?  Not trying to talk up Rex here, I just really like what Antonio has done here.  The fact that he's being forced into a CB role is not on him.

EDIT:  Forgot he was a 7th rounder.  Disregard the above.

I should have left the mid-round caveat off.  Point is, the Jets don't draft well in the secondary and development under Rex has been non-existent. 

RD 1 - Kyle Wilson

RD 6 - Josh Bush

RD 7 - Antonio Allen

RD 1 - Milliner

RD 4 - McDougle

Thats your corners drafted since Rex has got here.  DAMN HIM!!!

lmfao

Archived