Rex Ryan- I need every win I can get

faba

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even more damning was Mark Sanchez's quote on Chip Kelly the other night, talking about how awe-struck he was by Chip's overall level of preparation…struck me as an indictment against Wrecks.

True.  On top of the lack of prep Rex seems to have, Chip Kelly seems to go above and beyond.  Night and day in my opinion.

That's why I was praying we'd lose the PITT game last week - just in case there was any credence to the rumor that he'd be out if we lost that game.

I can accept the Jets having a bad year. It's sports. It happens. What I can't accept is another year of this franchise in denial of its inability to compete, and the reasons for that. Are we seriously shooting for 5-11 or 6-10? What good comes of that? Oday Aboushi feels better about himself? That's what we're aiming for as a franchise?

I can accept the Jets having a bad year. It's sports. It happens. What I can't accept is another year of this franchise in denial of its inability to compete, and the reasons for that. Are we seriously shooting for 5-11 or 6-10? What good comes of that? Oday Aboushi feels better about himself? That's what we're aiming for as a franchise?

So what, you don't care about his feelings? What did Oday ever do to you?

Haha

Bad teams need to learn how to win. How many games were the Jets a score or stop away from winning this year?

The difference between good and bad teams is bad teams lose those games and good teams find ways to win those games.

The team is young. Creating an acceptable losing environment for better draft position is stupid and nobody but fans think that way. It's pie in the sky bull sh*t that is far from guaranteed, which we know too well.

This young team needs to learn how to win. Many players will be on the team next year. They need that experience, no matter who the coach is next year.

In an ideal world, we finish 7-9, Idzik gets fired and the new GM retains Rex. One can hope, at least.

This is just batsh*t insane. No competent GM came the first time with Rex attached, now we're going to force him on a 3rd GM, and be under the delusional impression that he's not going to be an even worse candidate than Idzik is? How is there anyone alive with any modicum of brain function who can arrive at this conclusion?

Like I said, there is a contingent of this fanbase who would prefer to lose in perpetuity with Rex, than to go on a multiple Super Bowl run without him.

Rex is a cancer on this franchise, and the sooner he is excised, the sooner we can recover.

Bad teams need to learn how to win. How many games were the Jets a score or stop away from winning this year?

The difference between good and bad teams is bad teams lose those games and good teams find ways to win those games.

The team is young. Creating an acceptable losing environment for better draft position is stupid and nobody but fans think that way. It's pie in the sky bull sh*t that is far from guaranteed, which we know too well.

This young team needs to learn how to win. Many players will be on the team next year. They need that experience, no matter who the coach is next year.

Good post

Which, as you've reminded us, is chicken-feed for an NFL coach. If, as you and slats have also stated, he's as valued around the league as you think, he should be able to improve upon a paltry one-year, $3 mil deal the second he leaves Florham Park.

3 million dollars is chicken feed for no man. Not even Woody Johnson. 

Keep in mind there's a distinct chance he can earn that money and also take a year's vacation at the same time. 

Serious question here: if you're Rex, why don't you just walk away at the end of the season?

Good question, I've had that same thought myself.

I think his dad's history here does mean something to him so he'd like to stay, but I wouldn't be shocked if he'd like to walk. He'll get fired first though.

Idzik screwed Rex this year by not letting a QB competition occur. 

"Finding out about Geno" what kind of jackass needs to see more of Geno Smith to make the conclusion that he's not a franchise QB. He was never even close.

We will ButtFumbler as a free agent. Problem solved.

This is insanity. Nothing good comes from letting Rex finish the season or winning one more game. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Zero. All we are doing with each passing week is giving ourselves less options next April.

This ******* organization. Never bad enough and never good enough. Every god damn year.

Bingo

If Woody had any balls he would fire Rex now and nip the "Win one for the Rexxer" in the bud. Its the same BS as last year where the players wanted Rex back. The players don't run the asylum.

Bingo

If Woody had any balls he would fire Rex now and nip the "Win one for the Rexxer" in the bud. Its the same BS as last year where the players wanted Rex back. The players don't run the asylum.

The same thing used to happen in Detroit with Wayne Fontes in the 80s. He was set to get fired a bunch of times and then players would rally around him to save his job.

It never works well for the franchise

The same thing used to happen in Detroit with Wayne Fontes in the 80s. He was set to get fired a bunch of times and then players would rally around him to save his job.

It never works well for the franchise

Nope

Woody needs to do the opposite of what he does usually like George Costanza did. Get the Jets HC job out there first and start interviewing candidates like Gruden and Shanahan.

Serious question here: if you're Rex, why don't you just walk away at the end of the season?

How would that possibly benefit him?

Quitting sends a defeatist message that is the complete opposite of Ryan's personality - his brand, if you will. Every coach gets fired in this league, very few quit. He's looking for a new job next year either way. He doesn't need quitting on his résumé. He doesn't need to walk away from an additional $3M, either.

Dumb question.

Performance in close games tells us very little about team quality because it tends to regress to the mean. That's how the Jets end up going 5-1 in one-score games last year and 2-4 in such games this year with essentially the same roster (or maybe they knew how to win, but just plumb forgot during the offseason). The thing that actually separates good teams from bad teams is that the former blow out the latter.

Performance in close games tells us very little about team quality because it tends to regress to the mean. That's how the Jets end up going 5-1 in one-score games last year and 2-4 in such games this year with essentially the same roster (or maybe they knew how to win, but just plumb forgot during the offseason). The thing that actually separates good teams from bad teams is that the former blow out the latter.

Many games in the NFL are decided by a big play here or a turning play there. Good teams makes those plays, bad teams don't. Experience is a big part, getting comfortable in those situations. Instead of feeling like the moment is too big.

Winning comes with experience. It's infectious.

Many games in the NFL are decided by a big play here or a turning play there. Good teams makes those plays, bad teams don't. Experience is a big part, getting comfortable in those situations. Instead of feeling like the moment is too big.

Winning comes with experience. It's infectious.

didnt realize that nvm

How would that possibly benefit him?

Quitting sends a defeatist message that is the complete opposite of Ryan's personality - his brand, if you will. Every coach gets fired in this league, very few quit. He's looking for a new job next year either way. He doesn't need quitting on his résumé. He doesn't need to walk away from an additional $3M, either.

Dumb question.

What, exactly, is Ryan going to have on this resume, anyway?

Archived