Schefter: Harbaugh Situation

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I was wrong, but why the heck would he want to come to a team that shares a stadium and a city with one of the most succesful franchises in the lesgue who just so happen to also have an opening at head coach. Jets arent on anyones wish list.

Some people like a challenge. He looks like one of those people.

This is the BEST case scenario if the Jets can land Harbaugh. He's the real deal at head coach and I've always felt he is one of the best in the league. Plus, if the Jets can land Mariota: look at what he's done with Kaepernick? Mariota is a better prospect and that combo would be extremely exciting.

This is the BEST case scenario if the Jets can land Harbaugh. He's the real deal at head coach and I've always felt he is one of the best in the league. Plus, if the Jets can land Mariota: look at what he's done with Kaepernick? Mariota is a better prospect and that combo would be extremely exciting.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

the Raiders might be the only team Harbaugh would rather coach less than the Jets.

Well he's certainly not getting the HC job for teams like Patriots, Packers, Eagles, Cowboys n Broncos. He's gonna get a HC job from a team that sucked the previous yr, hence the HC vacancy.

the Raiders might be the only team Harbaugh would rather coach less than the Jets.

Apparently the wife doesn't want to leave the Bay area…but at the end of the day, money talks and if we blow him away with an offer that Oakland won't match, I can see it happening.

Sign me up for a Harbaugh-Mariota combo please! :)

Apparently the wife doesn't want to leave the Bay area…but at the end of the day, money talks and if we blow him away with an offer that Oakland won't match, I can see it happening.

Sign me up for a Harbaugh-Mariota combo please! :)

Oakland is known to spend wisely n never overpays.

Harbaugh sucks. Saw it for myself on Thanksgiving, If his team had played as well as -say- Mark Sanchez, maybe that would be a different story, But they didn't. 

I sorta agree, he inherited a stacked team, gave a one trick pony @ QB the keys and ran that team in the ground. I really don't see why people think he's this great coach. 

The Kaep hype is strange to me. 

You could end up paying Jim Harbaugh $10 million dollars in that scenario, assuming Michigan comes after him.

Thats the only way Jets get Harbaugh, like the only way Dolan got Jax.

But Woody has been an utter cheapskate in FO/HC hirings in his 15 years as all his GMs and coaches are in the bottom tier of salary.There's no evidence that Woody will pay the necessary salary to get Harbaugh.

I sorta agree, he inherited a stacked team, gave a one trick pony @ QB the keys and ran that team in the ground. I really don't see why people think he's this great coach. 

The Kaep hype is strange to me. 

Inherited a stacked team? SF didn't make the playoffs since '02 before Harbaugh got there! He took them from a 6-10 team the year before his arrival to a 13-3 team the next year, and to date has never done worse than making the NFCCG. He took a guy universally regarded as a bust in Alex Smith and single-handedly turned his career around.

I think you can make an argument that he's the best HC in the NFL today. I'd go so far as to give him the Parcells role here if that's what it took to land him.

If you were Harbaugh and knowing what you know now,  after a 15 year track record of an idiot owner, so out of touch that he has to hire a headhunting firm to find a GM in what is essentially a small town. Add to that the premise that you will be stuck with a GM who is so afraid of failure that he does NOTHING to improve the team when it has glaring needs so widely reported in every Pro Football magazine, message board, or blog site only he doesn't have the guts to act or the sense of purpose to know how quickly one must act in this day and age of limited quality free agents available. Then of course you have an ex-GM who stepped down because he didn't like to travel so the owner put him in charge of scouting a job that by it's nature calls for even more traveling to colleges all over the country-(that one is working out great isn't it? )not to mention this coming off perhaps the team's worst draft in a generation. So what you have is a guy looking at a team with no QB, a very weak WR corps, an OL is shambles, two OK RBs, a pretty good D-line, average LBs and no defensive backfield as well as a miserable wife who "hates it here" thus making YOUR life miserable. I would put the odds at oh I'd have to say at about 10%.

Inherited a stacked team? SF didn't make the playoffs since '02 before Harbaugh got there! He took them from a 6-10 team the year before his arrival to a 13-3 team the next year, and to date has never done worse than making the NFCCG. He took a guy universally regarded as a bust in Alex Smith and single-handedly turned his career around.

I think you can make an argument that he's the best HC in the NFL today. I'd go so far as to give him the Parcells role here if that's what it took to land him.

Gotta laugh at Jets fans who think Harbaugh's is "overrated" or who would rather have another "unknown" HC.

Harbaugh would be the best HC the Jets have had since Belichick went undefeated in his tenure as HC of the NYJ's.

Are the Jets willing to give up, perhaps the 3-4 pick in the draft for a HC who came into the season with some people saying the best roster in the league, and is 7-5?

Can't give up this years # 1 for him, no way.

Are the Jets willing to give up, perhaps the 3-4 pick in the draft for a HC who came into the season with some people saying the best roster in the league, and is 7-5?

A top 5 pick for a HC is not realistic. The price will probably be a 2016 first rounder.

It's hard to ignore what he did with SF. SF's record before he came and since is unreal. The only proven player on the roster when Harbaugh took over was Willis. Other than that they were all unproven, underachiever, or castoff. Idk how people could think it's the most talented team in the league this year. Lots of holes on the roster. 

Overrated.

He's had aruably, the most talented team in football for the past 3 seasons, and has gotten to 1 Super Bowl and lost to a team that was a pretty substantial underdog.

He's obviously a good coach, but he'll want full control and nobody has any idea if he any ability to evaluator talent.

I'll pass.

Give me a GM with a track record of picking players and a good, young college coach who runs an up-tempo, Chip Kelly-like offense.

I'd love to see a guy like Polian as the GM.

Polian is done...he's a dinosaur. I'd rather give Harbagh the keys. Woody must step back.

Teams where the owner is involved mainly under achieve. can't stand seeing Woody on the sidelines.

Skins, Cowboys, Falcons etc.. Active owners whispering in the GMs ear.

that's Woody... No biz experience but like a child has ideas.

Their offense has been pretty anemic. They've previously relied on running the ball, but that hasn't been as effective this season. That has forced Kap to kinda take more control, and it seems he can't handle it.

Yet they want to get rid of him. My guess he goes back to college. 

Can't give up this years # 1 for him, no way.

The Raiders are crazy, no telling what they will offer. Wouldn't give up anything lower then a 4th. They will for sure get more then that.

Just a guess but if the Jets are players I could see the Raiders giving up their first pick in the second round plus some more.

Jets must hit big on this first round pick.

With the Jets having holes everywhere, I wouldn't even swap 1st round picks let alone give away our 1st round pick.  

Seriously?

Harbaugh took a 6-10 team to 3 straight NFCCG's, including going to a Super Bowl. He's 7-5 this year, and once again in playoff contention.

Jets haven't even sniffed the playoffs in the last 4 years, let alone having a winning season.

Harbaugh would be well worth the Jets #1 pick next year. It's not like the Jets draft All-Pro players when they have a top 10 overall draft pick.

Gotta laugh at Jets fans who think Harbaugh's is "overrated" or who would rather have another "unknown" HC.

Harbaugh would be the best HC the Jets have had since Belichick went undefeated in his tenure as HC of the NYJ's.

I can sense your smugness so it irritates me to agree w/ you but I agree 100% with what you wrote here (minus laughing at Jet fans).

Really good for this to come out with 5 games left in the season. With this and the article on IDZIK telling other people he was going to fire Rex at the end of the season anyway, this has turned back into a circus. Just complete unprofessional, classless actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not like the Jets draft All-Pro players when they have a top 10 overall draft pick.

That's like saying the Jets should only look to FA for a QB because they haven't been able to draft one. Having a top 10 pick will help attract a new quality guy

Archived