Jets to have $46.29 mil in cap space available in 2015

T0mShane

I don't know where you are getting anything about players playing for less. I never said that. I want Rex gone don't get me wrong, but I do think he will get a HC job, and there is no doubt his players love playing for him.

what they really love is the country club atmosphere and the total lack of any accountability ..which imo is exactly why no owner is going near him.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what they really love is the country club atmosphere and the total lack of any accountability ..which imo is exactly why no owner is going near him.

And how many owners will be lining up to hire Idzik when he's canned?

This might be shocking to some of you, but 3-13 isn't a great resume builder for anyone involved.

He'll figure it out. He was really good in college, I'm sure he'll be able to translate it to the NFL. 

The injuries were high the last two years. Even, soft tissue types (hammy, groin, etc). Which doesn't point to the GM.

So was it:

1) The way the coach practices the team?

or

2) The training staff?

or some combination of both. When it's this bad and every single player doesn't look in shape and/or comes down with those nagging muscle injuries, my guess is both are probably failing this team more than the GM.

Pity we didn't burn it up on franchise-defining players like DRC. #FireIdzik #WaveYoTowels

Yay let's burn it all up on some scrub quarterback like Jake Locker or Matt Moore and locking up Muhammed Wilkerson when Quentin Coples is just as good at a fraction of the cost.

#Ineptzik

Why don't you think that DRC is worth 7 mill a year?  Harris just got 10 and gave a home town discount.  What do you think Maxwell will get this year as the best FA CB? And he is not as good as DRC.

My apologies. My intent was to point out that the Jets will be paying players on the level the same, if not more, money. So 'saving' money on DRC instead of paying him (oh, and annoying agents with the way the Jets handled free agents) was silly because they'll be shoveling it out this year. 

And how many owners will be lining up to hire Idzik when he's canned?

This might be shocking to some of you, but 3-13 isn't a great resume builder for anyone involved.

Probably the same number that are lining up to give the greatest drafter of all-time Eric Mangini a head coach/GM job.

Signing defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson, who is entering his option year, to a contract extension is a must. He was Pro Football Focus' number two rated 3-4 defensive end this season behind 2012 NFL Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt before being sidelined for the past three games with a toe injury. The Jets missed the opportunity to potentially get him in the Calais Campbell neighborhood ($11 million per year/$31 million in guarantees) because they weren't proactive. The market for elite defensive linemen has changed with Watt, Robert Quinn and Gerald McCoy's recent deals averaging $16,666,667 per year, $14,253,724 per year and $13.6 million per year, respectively. 

**** it, trade him

If some team offers a high pick I surely see Mo a consideration to be traded. Sheldon and Snacks needs contracts and the draft is being set up perfectly for the Team to replace Mo with a similarly talented, younger cheap draft pick. 

I would love to keep Mo but our idiot Gm didn't consider being proactive and signing Mo earlier. I love the guy but can't see the Jets giving him 15m a year. 

Just not sure where we can find any players that would want money. :(

Yeah good luck getting any FA to come here to become rah rah cheerleaders for idziots chosen commander on the field

GENO THE SLINGER SMITH!!!!!!!!

Decker is still slapping his wife for making him take the NY gig

The right GM can turn this thing around for next year a solid free agency and a solid draft and this team instantly becomes a playoff team the right coach who knows what else can be accomplished alot of the puzzle pieces already intact. 

100% agreed.

There are a lot of good pieces here, this off-season can turn things around here in a hurry. The next few months are going to be huge for the Jets

Shaq O'Neal is a better football player than Shaq Evans.

Idzik's drafts the last 2 seasons were so bad they're scary.

I can guarantee you you don't know where he went to school without looking it up. You've clearly never seen him play.

You may have heard of his negative camp reports which is why you're jumping to these conclusions, or you just assume because he's hurt, he sucks. Neither would surprise me. 

I can guarantee you you don't know where he went to school without looking it up. You've clearly never seen him play.

You may have heard of his negative camp reports which is why you're jumping to these conclusions, or you just assume because he's hurt, he sucks. Neither would surprise me. 

He's just assuming Idzik drafted him - he sucks. I want to see what any of young players can do with a HC and staff that can hopefully develop players. 

Archived