What if the new GM gets to decide Rex's fate?

Jetsbb

Everyone is assuming Rex will definitely be fired on black Monday but I think it will go another way. I can see only Idzik being fired with the caveat the new GM will decide who the next HC is including keeping Rex as a possibility.

I am not assuming Rex to be fired. The correct way to go about it is to let the GM go, hire a new one, and let him make the personnel decisions. Of course whether or not the team handles this the correct way......

Everyone is assuming Rex will definitely be fired on black Monday but I think it will go another way. I can see only Idzik being fired with the caveat the new GM will decide who the next HC is including keeping Rex as a possibility.

Why? The Jets will finish this season with no more then 4 wins resulting in 4 consecutive non-winning seasons. Why his he not accountable? Can we please re-boot and start fresh? I don't get the teflon infatuation for Rex.

Rex must go no GM is going to take the job if a losing coach that is popular with the local media. The new GM would be chopped apart by the media and the leftoverpro Rex supporters he would already be thrown under the bus the first game they lose with the new head coach.

If you want to get a good GM that can turn this around Rex must go it's the only way you are getting the right person instead of another Idzik.

Idzik fired Monday and let Gm decide on Rex.. will make for wonderful drama around here

This would be the most fun, but I tend to think that Woody's affinity for Rex will lead him to cut ties with him right away. Quick and painless, rather than slow and drawn out.

Woody needs to move fast on all fronts, no more taking his sweet time to hire a GM and coach we cant afford to be behind the eight ball again. If the reports are true about Casserly and Wolf being hired as consultants its a step in the right direction.

As I reported on JI a few weeks ago, Idzik is done.  Woody had his mind made up weeks ago.  The search for a new GM has already started.  A complete purge is coming.

Also, I'm not sure who is in play, but my guess is that Casserly might recommend Mike Maccagnan who is an excellent talent evaluator (JJ Watt, Deandre Hopkins, Duane Brown, Brian Chshing).

Archived