***Official I Won't Be Happy Until Everyone Hates Rex As Much As I Do Thread*** (merged)

Jet27

Some of you guys have a short memory......the 09, 10 teams were built by who?...was it Mangini/Tanny?

Not Rex.

Who built the 11, 12, 13, 14 teams...that's right, Rex/Tanny and Rex/ISDick.

In the 09 AFCCG when we needed a big stop by the D....did we get one?

In the 10 AFCCG we were down by how many?....24?

Come on guys....what we need is this:

1. A Proven HC who has won.

2. A proven GM who has won.

3. Trade for a quality QB and also draft (trade up) to get one.

4. Get 1 WR.

I just hope we don't sh*t the bed with the opportunity that we now have.

OMG!

The Rex Ryan azz kissing going on in the media is beyond ridiculous!

Just had to listen to Pat Kirwin on Sirius radio saying and I quote, "don't agree with the are Ryan firing, I don't know where they will find another coach better than Rex"

REALLY, REALLY?

Let me give you Rex in two nutshells.

1- Jets having to call TO on offense after the 2 minute warning

2- yesterday running around like a high schooler after the Jets get a 1st down on a punt fake in a game between 2 losers playing out the season in loser fashion, while the clock is running & having to burn another TO in a close game.

I want discipline from my head coach, a guy that keeps a clear head when he's surrounded by chaos.

A good coach is like a chess player, always thinking ahead no matter what's going on around them.

You coach a game like YOU KNOW SOMETHING WILL WORK and plan accordingly. Rex WAS SO F*CKING SHOCKED THAT SOMETHING THEY DID ACTUALLY WORKED he celebrated like they had just beaten the Steelers in an AFCGG!

The Rex love is mind numbing!

No one defending Rex had to watch every game the Jets have played over the last 4 years.

IMPOSSIBLE!

Remember Kirwan was in the front office when Kotite was around which speaks for itself.  He also is a very tepid radio host who never criticizes anyone.  Anyone who watched the Jets the last few years, whether you think they have a lack of talent or not, knows that this team is not well coached.

OMG!

The Rex Ryan azz kissing going on in the media is beyond ridiculous!

Just had to listen to Pat Kirwin on Sirius radio saying and I quote, "don't agree with the are Ryan firing, I don't know where they will find another coach better than Rex"

REALLY, REALLY?

Let me give you Rex in two nutshells.

1- Jets having to call TO on offense after the 2 minute warning

2- yesterday running around like a high schooler after the Jets get a 1st down on a punt fake in a game between 2 losers playing out the season in loser fashion, while the clock is running & having to burn another TO in a close game.

I want discipline from my head coach, a guy that keeps a clear head when he's surrounded by chaos.

A good coach is like a chess player, always thing ahead no matter what's going on around them.

The Rex love is mind numbing!

No one defending Rex had to watch every game the Jets have played over the last 4 years.

IMPOSSIBLE!

Anyone who truly is a Jets fan and knows football knows full well Rex was way over his head as an HC...DC yes and a good one until his D got found out in 2011......period. I truly loved his post game pressers where we had a top 3 or 5 or 7 D.......we missed the fcuken playoffs for 4 straight years.

Some of you guys have a short memory......the 09, 10 teams were built by who?...was it Mangini/Tanny?

Not Rex.

4. Get 1 WR.

Quoting myself here:

He inherited a bunch of crap from Mangina outside of Revis. Any other player you'd call above average in that group? David Bowens? Ghost? Kenyon Coleman? Kris Jenkins for 7 games in 2 yrs? Washed up Shaun Ellis n Bryan Thomas? Pace? Or maybe it was Eric Barton n David Harris? Ty Law? Hank Posheat? David Barrett? Abram Elam? CB Lowery, who later turned to a safety? Which one?

the multiple (i count 3) locker room collapses mean it was time to move on regardless of the positive things rex brings to the table.

rex is the perfect coach when things are going good. when times are tough, he doesn't have the authority to back up raising the team's standards because of all the yuck-yucking when times were good.

Not Rex.

4. Get 1 WR.

29% roster turnover from 2008-2009.  57% roster turnover from 2009 to 2010.

Rex won with Rex's team.

the multiple (i count 3) locker room collapses mean it was time to move on regardless of the positive things rex brings to the table.

rex is the perfect coach when things are going good. when times are tough, he doesn't have the authority to back up raising the team's standards because of all the yuck-yucking when times were good.

I thought his 8-8 season in 2013 was nothing short of a miracle considering what Idzik left him to work with after destroying the roster. 

New York Radio Gem #456:

"What if, like the new GM comes in, and yeah, thinks Rex Ryan is the best Coach for the New York Jets?  I'll take your comments off the air."

Often followed by "Well, sure, Rex Ryan is clearly the best available Coach out there, the 49'ers, Falcons, Bears, etc. will all be calling him asap!" from the hosts.

08 with a healthy Farve we are into the playoffs and deep......with Favre in 09 and 10 where do you think we would have ended up?

You're only validating my point. Mangini should have replaced Favre when he was playing inefficient, since he was hiding his injury. 

Favre in 2009 and 2010 and Jets probably beat out Manning n Big Ben to reach the SB. Ryan didn't have the luxury of having an average QB, let alone a future HoFer. 

The Cult of Rex loves revisionist history.

A week after beating the New England Patriots in the divisional playoffs and a year after losing their first AFC Championship Game, Rex Ryan's team was uninspired and unprepared to play a Pittsburgh team they had beaten a few weeks earlier.

It was Mike Tannenbaum's fault.

SAR I

New York Radio Gem #456:

"What if, like the new GM comes in, and yeah, thinks Rex Ryan is the best Coach for the New York Jets? I'll take your comments off the air."

Often followed by "Well, sure, Rex Ryan is clearly the best available Coach out there, the 49'ers, Falcons, Bears, etc. will all be calling him asap!" from the hosts.

Evan Roberts and Joe Benigno are dese and doze guys, though. They're the voice of the real fan. Also, morons.

A week after beating the New England Patriots in the divisional playoffs and a year after losing their first AFC Championship Game, Rex Ryan's team was uninspired and unprepared to play a Pittsburgh team they had beaten a few weeks earlier.

It was Mike Tannenbaum's fault.

SAR I

Agreed.  Nobody really wanted the Super Bowl on that team.  They were all like, whatevs.  And then, Rex did a terrible job of making them realize the magnitude of the game they lost just the year before. 

After 2010? When it was, as you said, "Rex's team"?

They went 8-8 when they should have made the playoffs if it werent for a complete meltdown from the franchise QB.  Then the guy who drafted him (Mike Tannenbaum) banked on that guy again, unfortunately...and didnt too well.  Then they had the devil himself take over the team as GM and create the worst roster in the NFL and its all been downhill from there.

The media is focusing on Rex's good pionts like they always do after any tragedy (rex fired).

I'll miss Rex.  He wasn't a greatest coach but he was way better than most Jet coaches in the past. 

I didn't miss Herm, Mangini, Walton or any of the other fired coaches except Walt Michaels.   I'll miss Rex too.

You can easily point to the 2010 offseason as where you could see the wheels coming off a bit. Rex got lazy, coaches slowly left and the roster crumbled. The two Idzik years were a waste of time because our owner couldn't say goodbye to Rex's charm two years prior. We've been spinning our tires in the mud ever since.

That being said- this is an unsettling time...

Not Rex.

4. Get 1 WR.

GFY.

Prepare to be unhappy forever. 

Even if I did hate Rex I would unhate him just to make you unhappy. 

I thought his 8-8 season in 2013 was nothing short of a miracle considering what Idzik left him to work with after destroying the roster. 

it absolutely was. and the numbers suggest it was just that: a miracle. consider they were the worst .500 or better team BY FAR in history on point differential. also they had a -14 turnover differential. going 8-8 was indeed a miracle, meaning a feat that cannot be explained or attributed by the acts of men. 2013 was a statistical outlier by many orders of standard deviation, and it bought rex another year. the 2014 jets were what happens to a similar or even slightly better team when numbers fit in with expected performance in Ws and Ls.

it absolutely was. and the numbers suggest it was just that: a miracle. consider they were the worst .500 or better team BY FAR in history on point differential. also they had a -14 turnover differential. going 8-8 was indeed a miracle, meaning a feat that cannot be explained or attributed by the acts of men. 2013 was a statistical outlier by many orders of standard deviation, and it bought rex another year. the 2014 jets were what happens to a similar or even slightly better team when numbers fit in with expected performance in Ws and Ls.

So you think Rex is god-like? Wow, you must really love Rex. 

8-8 was a miracle...............see the Tampa and NE wins.

Miracle wins happen in the NFL.......see tuck rule and David Tyree.

it absolutely was. and the numbers suggest it was just that: a miracle. consider they were the worst .500 or better team BY FAR in history on point differential. also they had a -14 turnover differential. going 8-8 was indeed a miracle, meaning a feat that cannot be explained or attribute by the acts of men.

Rex. Ryan.

:)

Archived