Feel like Todd Bowles is the front runner

RESNewYork

1. I love New York.  Wish I'd never left.  I'm not as much a fan of New Yorkers.

2. Lol, no.

3. Lol, lol, no.

4. Really?  You seem to have a real craw in your bonnet about racism, something you want to say mate?

This is actually an old reddit joke, so I can't take credit for it. Just busting chops. If it's any consolation, I not a fan of New Yorkers and I've lived here my entire life.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont thonk im on board for this reason, hes the flavor of the day for this year thats it. I want a little more track record.  Frank reich is a guy that I think would be a good fit, he played here and knows about New York.  He is an offensive minded coach and should be able to see that Geno sucks.  To me that is priority 1 - coach must see that Geno Sucks.

Bowles has been on the radar of teams multiple times. I didn't even know Franch Reich was a coach. But, yeah. Flavor of the day.

1. I love New York.  Wish I'd never left.  I'm not as much a fan of New Yorkers.

2. Lol, no.

3. Lol, lol, no.

4. Really?  You seem to have a real craw in your bonnet about racism, something you want to say mate?

You'll note, I never defend the scum-filled cesspool that is DC (or it's "far worse than the Jets could ever hope to be" football Franchise).

I know Fish and like you I'm a Long Island guy born in Glen Cove and lived in Syosset till I left NY in 1997..

No doubt.... but do you give the edge to Quinn if we're looking to put Coples, Mo, Sheldon and Snacks on the line.

I think we'd all like to see the Jets go 4-3 and get after the QB.

Would Bowles keep us in a 3-4?

Great question because I really hope that the Jets go 4-3 this year. I think that would be better for the players that we have on the team. Coples would be in the right scheme and seeing IK turn it up would be awesome as well. Maybe even a tampa 2 defense. Our pass rush and run stuffers are literally the D-line (Richardson, Harrison, Wilkerson, Ellis, Douzable, IK, Coples) and we have a pretty fast and reliable tackler and a MLB in Demario Davis. I say we draft Eric Kendricks and put him as our OLB/MLB and pick up another OLB in FA and we'll be good. We will have over the top help with the ability to shoot Pryor in for blitzes or to stop runs to the edges. We just need a ball hawking safety which I see two in this years draft. 

He had no QB, but I suppose that excuse is only valid for Rex Ryan.

Not sure what this has to do with Rex but isnt it the coaches job to find the QB?  Or at least, that's what I'm told.

And I'd take any of their QB's over the Jets. FWIW

Not sure what this has to do with Rex but isnt it the coaches job to find the QB? Or at least, that's what I'm told.

And I'd take any of their QB's over the Jets. FWIW

The only QB they have that is superior to Sanchez is Palmer and I'd certainly take Geno over Lindley.

Has nothing to do with Rex, by the way, but the irony in Rex's biggest excuse making cheerleader bashing Arians, a legitimately great coach, for their poor QB play caused me to do a double take.

The only QB they have that is superior to Sanchez is Palmer and I'd certainly take Geno over Lindley.

Has nothing to do with Rex, by the way, but the irony in Rex's biggest excuse making cheerleader bashing Arians, a legitimately great coach, for their poor QB play caused me to do a double take.

I was talking about this year...but whatevs.  I just assumed a great offensive coach would be able to find a QB and/or develop one and/or get good QB play from a poor one and/or still have a good offense despite it, instead of having to rely on your D to win.

Trying to go through guys who aren't being brought up or spoken about. Do you think Tony Dungy would come out of retirement to win another Superbowl, this time as the coach of the Jets. 

See above and no.  I dont think he'd work for Wood Johnson. 

Most definitely.

What about Tony Dungy? He's been critical (in a respectful way) of the Jets in the past. Maybe he should come and show what he would do. I'd like to see Tony as our HC.

Dungy is one of the most over-rated head coaches of all-time. He was basically just a figurehead in Indianapolis.

He's legit retired, anyway. Not coming back.

I was talking about this year...but whatevs. I just assumed a great offensive coach would be able to find a QB and/or develop one and/or get good QB play from a poor one and/or still have a good offense despite it, instead of having to rely on your D to win.

He got good play from Palmer and decent play from Stanton. What the hell do you expect out of third and fourth string QBs?

As a brief aside, why does every potential Jets Coach, Front Office guy, or player have to have ties to the NY/NJ area?

Seems like that is a selling point people always make when talking about guys who may come here "he has ties to NY/NJ".

I could care less if they hate the scum-filled cesspool that is the NY/NJ area, I want a guy who can win a Title, not a guy whose Aunt lived in Babylon for a few years.

The fact some guy went to elementary school in Valley Stream or once visited Queens means nothing.

maybe they are insinuating many coaches/wives see the NY/NJ area as not the 'most desirable' place to move the wife and kids to. Not saying they are right, but ex natives know the real story

Great question because I really hope that the Jets go 4-3 this year. I think that would be better for the players that we have on the team. Coples would be in the right scheme and seeing IK turn it up would be awesome as well. Maybe even a tampa 2 defense. Our pass rush and run stuffers are literally the D-line (Richardson, Harrison, Wilkerson, Ellis, Douzable, IK, Coples) and we have a pretty fast and reliable tackler and a MLB in Demario Davis. I say we draft Eric Kendricks and put him as our OLB/MLB and pick up another OLB in FA and we'll be good. We will have over the top help with the ability to shoot Pryor in for blitzes or to stop runs to the edges. We just need a ball hawking safety which I see two in this years draft. 

Agreed, although Ellis and Douzable are UFA's. I think Ellis will be signed for good money as a 3-4 NT. Douzable we may be able to sign like last year.

Davis needs a little more beef if he's our MLB. He gets eaten up by OLmen. Really, I'd prefer Harris to be re-signed to a more reasonable $5 mil/yr. and have Davis as the Weak side LB getting after the passer and in coverage.

No doubt.... but do you give the edge to Quinn if we're looking to put Coples, Mo, Sheldon and Snacks on the line.

I think we'd all like to see the Jets go 4-3 and get after the QB.

Would Bowles keep us in a 3-4?

I actually like the 3-4, and don't get people's problem with it. Stuffing the run is not a bad thing. But really, I just want a coach who maximizes the talent the team has. In either alignment, the Jets need LBs.

Although, if Rex had run it, his DL probably would've gotten a couple of those all important pro bowl selections.

Dungy is one of the most over-rated head coaches of all-time. He was basically just a figurehead in Indianapolis.

He's legit retired, anyway. Not coming back.

Nothing about his Tampa Bay days? He made that team that Jon Gruden won a championship with. He popularized the Tampa 2. I doubt that he's overrated when you can see the impact that he's left on the game. 

He got good play from Palmer and decent play from Stanton. What the hell do you expect out of third and fourth string QBs?

A good offense?  

Tony Dungy's sh*ttiness is the great uniter.

I feel like we would be good friends. 

You really think so? I can understand his championship with Peyton, but what he did in Tampa was outstanding. The man has been successful and he did it primarily with his guys. He's been so good that he even got Jon Gruden a championship! 

I think thats the point, in 1 year, Gruden did what Dungy couldnt.  Dungy need how many years with Manning to get just 1?

And then the year after he retired Jim Caldwell took the Colts to the SB.  

OVERRATED!!!!!!

You really think so? I can understand his championship with Peyton, but what he did in Tampa was outstanding. The man has been successful and he did it primarily with his guys. He's been so good that he even got Jon Gruden a championship!

They never would have won that championship with Dungy. That was the whole point of firing Dungy. He had zero killer instinct. Gruden got Gruden a championship.

Dungy just happened to be the "head coach" when actual head coach Peyton Manning got his ring.

Agreed, although Ellis and Douzable are UFA's. I think Ellis will be signed for good money as a 3-4 NT. Douzable we may be able to sign like last year.

Davis needs a little more beef if he's our MLB. He gets eaten up by OLmen. Really, I'd prefer Harris to be re-signed to a more reasonable $5 mil/yr. and have Davis as the Weak side LB getting after the passer and in coverage.

This is precisely why I would prefer a 4-3 defense such as a Tampa 2. You dont have to be super beefy. Demario Davis chased down Vincent Jackson to save the game week 1 last year. That lets me know that if he has to drop back into coverage and play that 3rd cover in a tampa 2 he could do it. You dont really need big and slow, you need fast and a sure tackler to play the Tampa 2 defense. Demario Davis is a fast MLB and I dont see him missing tackles. We have the pass rushers and run stuffers on the line, and we can have the safeties and Corners support one another so we dont have to be as exposed as we were when playing man. 

Archived