Rex Has two HC inteviews next week

AFJF

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was significantly more concerned that Herm woukd succeed with the Chiefs than I am that Rex will succeed anywhere. The man is a loser, awful leader, and thin-skinned phony. He's going to cripple any franchise whose owner is dumb enough to fall for his act and hire him.

Rex could simply tell his interviewers this and he will get the job to the team he prefers, hopefully ATL.  Look where I got the Jets in 09 with the same players minus Favre.  Look what they gave me in my final year and still field a competitive team. That POS idzik sabotage me in order to bring his own coach, gave me no CB and an offense starting Jeff Freaking Nelson at WR while saving mr. Johnson 25 millions. 

Hey now, Nelson was quite the setup man back in the day.

Define irony: some of the biggest "Rex is going to go somewhere and win the SB" supporters are also the ones saying "HELL NO!" to any re-tread coaches coming here.

I wonder... do they not see how ironically polarized these two points of view are? 

By their logic, only re-tread Rex can go win a SB with a new team, but someone like Kubiak (who has a .488 career winning percentage, compared almost evenly to Rex's .479) couldn't come here and take us all the way because "he sucks".

Define irony: some of the biggest "Rex is going to go somewhere and win the SB" supporters are also the ones saying "HELL NO!" to any re-tread coaches coming here.

I wonder... do they not see how ironically polarized these two points of view are? 

By their logic, only re-tread Rex can go win a SB with a new team, but someone like Kubiak (who has a .488 career winning percentage, compared almost evenly to Rex's .479) couldn't come here and take us all the way because "he sucks".

Well Kubiak did have a 2 time Pro Bowl QB Schaub who was better then anything Rex had..

Well Kubiak did have a 2 time Pro Bowl QB Schaub who was better then anything Rex had..

Schaub wasn't even good, but Kubiak got him to over-achieve. If you're going to have a coach who can get players to over-achieve, I'd guess it's more important that the QB does, rather than your 5th DL.

Horsebleep. The last FOUR years have shown that Rex is only capable of winning with elite players, especially at corner. You do realize that his vaunted defense has regressed every year he has been here, despite having a continuous influx of first round talent, and the offense has been terrible, largely because of his insistence on playing wildcat, ground and pound and 1950s offense despite not fitting the players he has or the modern NFL. If anything, when you consider his completely HORRIBLE in game management especially the inability to adjust on the fly, and the terribly undisciplined team that almost every game causes us time outs in the second half and tons of penalties, that he has UNDER achieved with the talent he is. Our talent is not 4-12 talent. We do not have a super bowl team, but with our DL, strength at C at LT and depth on the OL, as well as upgraded skill players we should have been 3-4 wins better minimum. That is all coaching, bad coaching by Rex. 

During the first two years who did the Jets had at DL? Pouha, Devito, Douglas, NO? A bunch of nobody and yet Rex turned into a number ONE DEFENSE, from MID-20 the previous year under a different coach.  If you just watch football with no knowledge, I will help you out this time. The key position in Rex Ryan defense is DB.  Look who the Jets had this year playing CB? A 6th round safety and a career backup.  And still his team was competitive and with a few breaks could have been at least 10 wins.  If you want to talk about the "fully loaded roster" this year, didn't we had David Nelson starting at WR?  :drown: 

Schaub wasn't even good, but Kubiak got him to over-achieve. If you're going to have a coach who can get players to over-achieve, I'd guess it's more important that the QB does, rather than your 5th DL.

Schaub really got noticed when he was with the Falcons in a game against the Pats .. Houston flip flopped 1st rd picks with the Falcons plus gave then 2 2nd rd picks for Schaub that's alot to give up for someone that stinks.. If Kubiak got him to over achieve it wasn't good enough to beat a rookie Sanchez playing his first game in 2009 losing 24-7.. :winking0001:

I was significantly more concerned that Herm woukd succeed with the Chiefs than I am that Rex will succeed anywhere. The man is a loser, awful leader, and thin-skinned phony. He's going to cripple any franchise whose owner is dumb enough to fall for his act and hire him.

Do you think in his first two years with the Jets they succeeded despite him, or do you think he's gotten worse as a coach?

Even if his shtick only works for a couple of years before it wears off, I think many owners would sign up for that.

You honestly think the players he was given he had no say in? Reality is that he probably has close to even responsibility with the GM in the players taken due to his input and schemes on offense and defense. In addition to "his" pick in each draft, Rex clearly has had huge influence into the positions and types of players that are drafted: Do you think the dramatic difference between the players drafted by Tanny under Mangini and under Rex were a coincidence?

If we have an offensive coach, no way we take Pryor over a receiver in round one. Heck, most defensive coaches would emphasize coverage and play making ability in their safeties, Rex prefers in the box hitters and our draft and FA acquisitions mirror that.

Our OL draftees have emphasized run blocking skills over pass protection because that is what Rex values more. This is also a big mistake, pass protection is always more important than run blocking for OL.

We drafted defense exclusively in the first round, except for Sanchez and Sanchez was completely Rex's pick. The workout and Rex saying "this is our guy" has been well documented.

Because of Rex, we never drafted playmakers in the early rounds, pretty much ever. The one we did, Stephen Hill was openly criticised by Rex, not because of the player Hill was, but because he would not take a receiver in the 2nd round.

Many of the FA we signed were Rex guys.

The roster we had was very much Rex's. You cannot act like Idzik or Tanny chose the players in a vacuum, Rex had a huge part in the players selected and the dismantling of our roster.

LOL, yeah it was Rex decision to sign Paterson over Revis.  It was Rex decision to sit on 25 Million this past year.  Rex selected a 5'6 punt returner and another guy with no upside over Maltavis Bryant and Bruce Ellington.    You know Rex was actually the GM and because of it Idzik will get another shot somewhere, yes?

Schaub really got noticed when he was with the Falcons in a game against the Pats .. Houston flip flopped 1st rd picks with the Falcons plus gave then 2 2nd rd picks for Schaub that's alot to give up for someone that stinks.. If Kubiak got him to over achieve it wasn't good enough to beat a rookie Sanchez playing his first game in 2009 losing 24-7.. :winking0001:

I remember all of that all too well, because I wanted Schaub back then. 

Do you think in his first two years with the Jets they succeeded despite him, or do you think he's gotten worse as a coach?

Even if his shtick only works for a couple of years before it wears off, I think many owners would sign up for that.

If BB didn't get Brady playing in 2001 his shtick would have worn off real fast with another 5-11 season..

LOL, yeah it was Rex decision to sign Paterson over Revis.  It was Rex decision to sit on 25 Million this past year.  Rex selected a 5'6 punt returner and another guy with no upside over Maltavis Bryant and Bruce Ellington.    You know Rex was actually the GM and because of it Idzik will get another shot somewhere, yes?

If Rex coached this team for one season (2014) and no more than that, then this might make sense. 

I wish Rex success in his future endeavors.  I still like Rex.  He's a good guy and fan friendly.  I just don't want him anywhere near the Jets.  Whichever team takes him.. be it for DC or HC, I hope they can seethe wisdom in never letting Rex anywhere near the draft board or other player acquisition decisions.  

Didn't Kubiak had a loaded team, defense and offense and a decent QB?  How many times he took the Texans to the afcc game like Rex did it twice here with rookie QB, NO?  

Have you ever considered that the reason why Schaub succeeded was BECAUSE of Kubiak? Where is Matt Schaub today and what is he doingf.

Was it really too uch to ask Rex, as our HC to pay attentioj to developing teh QB position at all?

In the words of one of my heroes, lol, "I don't fear the future". Unlike a lot of fellow Jets fans, I don't fear Rex going somewhere else and succeeding.

Based on the heuristic assessment of needs I've tallied over the years here, in order for this to happen, Rex would need:

• a top 8 QB
  • a top 15 unit at every position group, with at least a couple of future hall of famers mixed into the defense
  • an owner that doesn't meddle and "loves" him
  • a "football guy" GM that can both architect the roster, choose every player independent of Rex's input
  • a GM that can also develop each and every draft pick made
  • a GM that never makes a single bad draft pick
  • a GM that doesn't look like a scarecrow
  • a God damn snack
  • free agents that "Rex goes out and gets" that are as good now as they were in film three years ago
  • more ground
  • more pound
  • play like a _______
  • hand-picked offensive coordinators that don't sabotage him
  • a GM that doesn't sabotage him
  • someone whose job it is to pick out all the other position coaches and coordinators
  • Manish Mehta's mobile number

Didn't Kubiak had a loaded team, defense and offense and a decent QB?  How many times he took the Texans to the afcc game like Rex did it twice here with rookie QB, NO?  

Kubiak had Andre Johnson, he discovered Arian Foster, he built a dominant OL and had a good defense, because some coaches care about both sides of the ball. I wouldn't call them loaded. He and his GM built a competitive team. 

Rex only went to the AFCC game once with a rookie QB. The year the Jets wouldn't have even made the playoffs if the Colts didn't sit their starters in week 17. The only season in which Rex really earned the love he gets is his 2nd year, where he took a 2nd year QB to the AFCC game.

Archived