Wildcard Weekend Playoff Games Thread

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowboys win sets up a more ideal playoff matchup.

Who wanted to see Detroit play Seattle, and Green Bay play the Panthers?

A Cowboy/Packers playoff game fits the script. And, Seattle now gets the upswing Panthers, which pits two dual-threat QBs, and defensive speed against one another.

No they didn't.

The Lions got jobbed.

Detroit had their chances, Dallas missed an easy FG early in the 3rd, Romo came through with a big TD.....that no call PI the Detroit player grabbed the Dallas defenders face mask, etc

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Detroit had their chances, Dallas missed an easy FG early in the 3rd, Romo came through with a big TD.....that no call PI the Detroit player grabbed the Dallas defenders face mask, etc

Stafford fumbling twice on their final drive(s)

No spin? No, you just waffled away from your original statement "they let him get killed his whole career."

Now you tailored it to fit the facts better.  

I guess we'll never know what his true potential was.

You think he had unrealized greatness, I think he didn't.

I didn't waffled away from anything, my point is pretty straight forward. You're the one that seems to be hung up on the semantics side of it.

Again, Luck is special. He's the exception. He's the type of QB that gets taken #1 overall and nothing that happens is going to stop him from being great, aside from injury. Guys like Carr don't get drafted where they do without potential, but it's up to the organization that drafts them to take care of them so they can meet that potential. Guys like Carr get drafted every year early, guys like Luck get drafted once a decade if you're lucky. 

I don't think Carr had unrealized "greatness", but I don't think it's a stretch to say he didn't meet his potential given his draft position. He ended up being awful, whereas I'm sure in different circumstances he may have been half-decent. 

Detroit got screwed plain and simple. Things like this make you wonder about the integrity of the NFL sometimes. Networks and the NFL clearly want Dallas to win. As said before though, gotta go for it there.

It has reached David Stern levels of outcome manipulation since Goodell took over for Tagliabue.

so we're doing the "nickname challenge" around here this weekend, where you pick the winner on which nicknames would win in a fight

by my 9 year olds logic;

panther would eat a cardinal

raven would peck a steeler mans eyes out

cowboy shoots a lion with his pistol

bengal tiger kills the colt

football is kinda violent in those terms, lol

and thank god the saints chargers and jets are out, because those are really tricky to figure out.  how does a dc-10 win in a fight ?  what is a charger ?  would a saint fight back ?

we have decided the titans always win, a demi-god is a tough out

3-1.  that's one tough colt

so here we go div round

raven pecks patriot to death (gross)

panther eats seahawk 

cowboy shoots packer

bronco beats colt

Yep- be interesting to hear if that is indeed why it was overturned.

Good W for the Boys.

Archived