Thank you Michael Kay and Don La Greca

stugotz81

so they were friends for 13 years and good ones at that so Kay should shut his mouth as he is not unbiased -everything said is true-he has a losing record and no history of winning in the post season-I think this franchise has enough history with losers.  

Kay ripped into Mehta because the only sources Mehta had came from within the Buffalo organization.  Kay had every right to rip him a new one.  

Kay ripped into Mehta because the only sources Mehta had came from within the Buffalo organization. Kay had every right to rip him a new one.

Carton this morning said he knows who the guy is from the buffalo media who gave Mehta all his info and the guy had a personal issue with marrone that has nothing to do with his coaching..( carton still has a lot of contacts in buffalo he used to work there )....so all Mehtas info for his smear campaign came from 2 guys , an assistant coach in Syracuse that marrone fired and a reporter in buffalo that marrone didn't get along with....if NYDN was a law firm Mehta would be dis-barred that's how irresponsible this was ....he hit an all time low this time.

Bottom line do not pay any attention to Mehta and his paper

Thats easy to say now but with some of our jet news addictions that may be hard to do in Feb/Mar when we are starved for football.  Man I even read the story about the Jets lunch ladies in those times cause theres nothin....I got issues granted.

Manish Mehta on the Michael Kay show

NY Daily News reporter Manish Mehta appeared on the Michael Kay Show to discuss his recent criticism of Doug Marrone. Don LaGreca asked Manish why he only reported on the negative aspects of Doug Marrone. Manish agreed that a lot of the people that he spoke to in Buffalo had agendas against Marrone. The full interview appears below, check it out and let us know what you think about it in our

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
x58_XK5bIDk

View the full article

Kay ripped into Mehta because the only sources Mehta had came from within the Buffalo organization.  Kay had every right to rip him a new one.  

like I said Mehta is terrible but Kay is totally biased on the situation and nobody needs sources to see this guy is not a winner-just look at his record-everything else is meaningless-Kay was hyping his buddy that is a loser as stated by his record-

like I said Mehta is terrible but Kay is totally biased on the situation and nobody needs sources to see this guy is not a winner-just look at his record-everything else is meaningless-Kay was hyping his buddy that is a loser as stated by his record-

most coaches who are looking for a job at this time have a losing record.  That's the very reason they are looking for a job.  Belicheck had a losing record when he went to the Pats.  Carroll had a losing record when he went to the Seahawks.  Record is not a big deal in retrospect in this situation. 

Mehta is quite transparent in his motives.  He is terrified that he'll actually have to work harder for information under Marrone.  His unwarranted vilification of Marrone was driven by self-interest and self-interest alone.  Mehta is such an unprofessional little weasel.  One of these days, some player is going to throw him into a locker the same way Richard Todd slammed the door on Steve Serby years ago.  Only this time they should toss the locker into the East River.

Mehta was on the defensive, deservedly.  I can't remember another time when a beat writer has gone on a campaign against a particular candidate like this.  And I had to laugh that he proposed that McDaniels and Reich are stronger candidates.  McDaniels -- a guy who drafted Tebow in the first round and managed to alienate just about everybody.  Reich -- a guy who has coordinated for one year and has no head coaching experience.

most coaches who are looking for a job at this time have a losing record.  That's the very reason they are looking for a job.  Belicheck had a losing record when he went to the Pats.  Carroll had a losing record when he went to the Seahawks.  Record is not a big deal in retrospect in this situation. 

So the approach is totally disregard the record when hiring a coach?  What happened to "you are what your record says you are"?

Mehta is quite transparent in his motives.  He is terrified that he'll actually have to work harder for information under Marrone.  His unwarranted vilification of Marrone was driven by self-interest and self-interest alone.  Mehta is such an unprofessional little weasel.  One of these days, some player is going to throw him into a locker the same way Richard Todd slammed the door on Steve Serby years ago.  Only this time they should toss the locker into the East River.

The word "weasel" was invented for Mehta.

So the approach is totally disregard the record when hiring a coach?  What happened to "you are what your record says you are"?

Of course not but If you don't hire or not hire a coach based on record.  I understand the you are what your record says you are.  That's a team thing not a coach thing.  

You can't hire based on record because most of the coaches looking for jobs records are bad.

Of course not but If you don't hire or not hire a coach based on record.  I understand the you are what your record says you are.  That's a team thing not a coach thing.  

You can't hire based on record because most of the coaches looking for jobs records are bad.

Then I would hire a highly rated coordinator.  They might suck, but you never know, you could get lucky.  Most coaches with a losing record that have been fired do, in fact, suck.   * The caveat being that if they have a franchise QB, they will probably suck less, excluding the Bears and Falcons of course. 

Then I would hire a highly rated coordinator.  They might suck, but you never know, you could get lucky.  Most coaches with a losing record that have been fired do, in fact, suck.   * The caveat being that if they have a franchise QB, they will probably suck less, excluding the Bears and Falcons of course. 

It's mostly a crap shoot.  You get coaches who are bad who just need a change.  I guess you just go with the guy who you think has the best plan to make the team they are interviewing for better.

Yes. Totally agree.

http://www.jetnation.com/2015/01/07/manish-mehta-interview-on-the-michael-kay-show/

We have embedded the video for anyone that wants to check it out.

I

Thanks for letting us listen to the reprehensible little hypocrite pretending to just be fairly reporting

Summary

A disgusting dirtbag who would have been fired by a legitimate newspaper. Apparently the failing pennysaver with almost no circulation or advertising can't afford the severance pay

Mehta sounded just like Idzik during his press conference.  Nothing but giggling

and avoidance of issues, what a clown

I agree that Manless tends to take his own point of view wayyyyy to seriously, but I tend to agree with him on Marrone. Marrone nevers stays anywhere more than three years -usually two - and his record is sub .500. I would take the freaking bum Rex back before I would want Marrone. We'll all soon be calling him Moron. He seems to be a guy that rubs people the wrong way - especially front office types. That's why I hated to hear that Macagnan got a second interview because I think the turnip has another 'bro crush' on Marrone.

How is he totally biased?  You are making assumptions about Kay which are just your opinion.  The FACT is Mehta had plenty of other positive sources he could have used to balance his reporting and he CHOOSE not to. He could have even referenced Kays interview with Mawae or the comments that Ron Wolf made.  But those comments didn't promote his agenda.  THAT IS THE ISSUE, please stop with the Kays buddy nonsense.  I don't know Marrone from a hole in the wall and have no axe to grind either way; I think Mehta was totally unprofessional in his reporting. 

Archived