Vote for our next Head Coach

prime21

Vote for the next Jets HC  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the Jets next Head Coach?

My concern w/Quinn is he is DC for a guy whose bones were made by being a Def coach,,Does Pete carrol really do all the def heavy lifting in Seatle? Sort of like Thurman wasnt REALLY the DC for Jets, Rex did it all... Sort of like when we hired DC mangini from Patriots,,was he REALLY the DC? uh , nope..

I cant recall who, but some old time GM used to say, hire the coordinator from successful team who is from opposite side of the ball as where the head coach's specialty is. Cause you 100% know he did it all , as opposed to being the waterboy for the HC and just carrying out his orders (Thurman etc).

Quinn is DC for a Defensive resume coach, so who knows how much carrol is putting in gameplans, calling schemes etc? 

Reich is OC for a Offensive resume coach, so who knows how much mcCoy is putting in gameplans, calling schemes etc? 

Bowles is a DC for a Offensive resume coach, so he is 100% in charge or Card Def. I assume

Kubiak/Cable/Marrone are or were HC's, so you look at that resume..BUT , Kubiak was OC for Offense oriented Shanahan before named a HC, cable was a Off coach for a Off HC in Kiffin and marrone was the OC for a offense coach in Sean peyton in NO,,

SO.. Bowles is ONLY candidate on list who is on opposite side of ball from his Head Coach!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is Lynn on list? He has never been a Coordinator. You want to promote to HC from position coach. OK, but where Jets are , if not successful will again add to the 'why Jets do that' litany we are famous for. (Herm was a DB coach for a Defensive genius, at time, Kiffin, and working for a Def HC, Dungy) I assume Herm was getting coffee at best in that building in tampa. Lynn has lasted 2 years as RB coach in his last 4 stops. Where there is smoke................

I think Quinn is the safer bet. Bowles is riskier.

The one report where he supposedly was interested in a smaller market team is a bit of a concern - if true. The one positive about looking at guys who grew up in the area is that they have a good idea what it's all about here. 

Why is Lynn on list? He has never been a Coordinator. You want to promote to HC from position coach. OK, but where Jets are , if not successful will again add to the 'why Jets do that' litany we are famous for. (Herm was a DB coach for a Defensive genius, at time, Kiffin, and working for a Def HC, Dungy) I assume Herm was getting coffee at best in that building in tampa. Lynn has lasted 2 years as RB coach in his last 4 stops. Where there is smoke................

Rooney Rule

My concern w/Quinn is he is DC for a guy whose bones were made by being a Def coach,,Does Pete carrol really do all the def heavy lifting in Seatle? Sort of like Thurman wasnt REALLY the DC for Jets, Rex did it all... Sort of like when we hired DC mangini from Patriots,,was he REALLY the DC? uh , nope..

I cant recall who, but some old time GM used to say, hire the coordinator from successful team who is from opposite side of the ball as where the head coach's specialty is. Cause you 100% know he did it all , as opposed to being the waterboy for the HC and just carrying out his orders (Thurman etc).

Quinn is DC for a Defensive resume coach, so who knows how much carrol is putting in gameplans, calling schemes etc? 

Reich is OC for a Offensive resume coach, so who knows how much mcCoy is putting in gameplans, calling schemes etc? 

Bowles is a DC for a Offensive resume coach, so he is 100% in charge or Card Def. I assume

Kubiak/Cable/Marrone are or were HC's, so you look at that resume..BUT , Kubiak was OC for Offense oriented Shanahan before named a HC, cable was a Off coach for a Off HC in Kiffin and marrone was the OC for a offense coach in Sean peyton in NO,,

SO.. Bowles is ONLY candidate on list who is on opposite side of ball from his Head Coach!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind Kubiak. Trade up and give him something he never had in Texas--a franchise QB.  As a former NFL QB (career backup to Elway), he can probably do a good job with talent at the position. After all look what he's done with Flacco.

Jets Interviewed

Todd Bowles (ARI)

Tom Cable (SEA)

Anthony Lynn (NYJ)

Doug Marrone

Dan Quinn (SEA)

Frank Reich (SD)

The list is getting shorter with Kubiak staying in Balt and Denver looking to protect Gase for one more year of Peyton

If we assume Rex to Bills and DelRio to Raiders that leaves four jobs open with 6-8 legitimate options, Jet should hire Kyle as OC ASAP if they are set on Quinn

The one report where he supposedly was interested in a smaller market team is a bit of a concern - if true. The one positive about looking at guys who grew up in the area is that they have a good idea what it's all about here. 

If true?? I've seen a bunch of reports and none were true why are you concerned about media BS??

more than likely it's going to be Dan Quinn.he's originally from Morristown New Jersey graduated from high school there, has a long term relationship with Maccigan when he was with the Houston Texans. Besides it'll be a New Jersey New Jersey connection for both the new general manager and head coach so they would know what they were getting into here.

SO.. we hired Bowles, the ONLY candidate on list who made his bones on opposite side of ball from his Head Coach!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a GREAT thing folks!!!!!!!!!

Archived