"Could we" sign Ray Rice?

FloridaJetsFan

I mean, I know we "could," but could the organization stomach the media storm that would surely follow? Hell, we signed Vick and the backlash wasn't as bad as many thought. Not comparing the two, but there was a media risk with Vick as well as there would be with Rice. I got a feeling that Rice, at 27 with one year off to rehab any football injuries, will be good on some team next year, and with a more disciplined coach than Rex, this might be a good landing place. 

I mean, I know we "could," but could the organization stomach the media storm that would surely follow? Hell, we signed Vick and the backlash wasn't as bad as many thought. Not comparing the two, but there was a media risk with Vick as well as there would be with Rice. I got a feeling that Rice, at 27 with one year off to rehab any football injuries, will be good on some team next year, and with a more disciplined coach than Rex, this might be a good landing place. 

Vick was 8 years and one team removed from his conviction. 

Ray Rice was yesterday. Huge difference. 

Vick was 8 years and one team removed from his conviction. 

Ray Rice was yesterday. Huge difference. 

Why? Every guy should beat their wife once and a while. Good for the soul. keeps her in line.  Whta was she doing out of the kitchen anyway :winking0001:

YES...SARCASM.  

No way no how!!!  If we want to add a RB to team with Ivory we should look at

CJ Spiller or DeMarco Murray.  Even before Rice was dragging his wife around like

a roll of carpet his game was heading downhill

Of course we can. Humans generally have shown to care about animals way more than other humans so if we were able to sign Vick then Rice would be a piece of cake. He probably wouldn't even be questioned about his past. 

No way I would want Rice on the Jets. He's a piece of shlt.....not to mention he was already on the downside of his career, looking pretty ineffective his last year in the league.

Now COULD the Jets do it? The media would absolutely kill them, especially in NY. If Rice comes back his best bet would be a smaller market with a veteran, strong HC.....I don't see it happening, but who knows?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived