• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Agreed.

First impression, good impression.

Professional without being detached and cold, passionate about winning without being full of hot air and braggadocio. 

Players coach who doesn't appear afraid to be hard if needed (we'll see on that).

Overall, good impression, but as I said beforehand, mostly irrelevant, what they DO will speak, what they say is of little import,

Agreed.

First impression, good impression.

Professional without being detached and cold, passionate about winning without being full of hot air and braggadocio. 

Players coach who doesn't appear afraid to be hard if needed (we'll see on that).

Overall, good impression, but as I said beforehand, mostly irrelevant, what they DO will speak, what they say is of little import,

Yup...there was no way anyone was going to criticize Bowles today.  He said what most new coaches say.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  Hopefully everything falls in to place once the games start.

How is your enthusiasm woth Bowles vs what it was like with Rex? I for one wanted Rex throughout the hiring process and was so happy for him to be coach. This year I was a big fan of Bowles bit hopefully he pans out. I don't think he'll be terrible coach , but a really good one .. who knows! I like the fact that Woody used ex GMs for the process vs some super elite head hunting firm

How is your enthusiasm woth Bowles vs what it was like with Rex? I for one wanted Rex throughout the hiring process and was so happy for him to be coach. This year I was a big fan of Bowles bit hopefully he pans out. I don't think he'll be terrible coach , but a really good one .. who knows! I like the fact that Woody used ex GMs for the process vs some super elite head hunting firm

Honestly, no one knows how well these guys will do until they get into the job and start making decisions.

Been on these boards for awhile.. the man love for new coaches / GM's is generally absurd. Fans like to build expectations so high cause it makes their payoff-- getting to bitch and complain -- all the more likely.

If I see Bowles grab a player on sidelines who made horrid dumb mistake on field and chew him put, I will worship at Bowles feet :)

It was boring, they didn't show their hand or reveal anything of substance, our HC wasn't wearing a costume of any type (which the last guy was prone to do from time to time) and our owner didn't cost us any draft picks by tampering and running his rich mouth.

In other words the circus left town and now it's time to get to work. This press conference was everything I dreamed.

Thought Bowles and Macc did a great job and they appeared very easy to talk to and not afraid of the Mic.  I think they should do ok with the media and didnt really dodge any questions.  Think they are both Jersey guys and in this together generated a good vide between them, hoping that this is the beginning of a new culture and turn this team into a results bottom line organization.

Good first day

I'm optimistic about the Jets future. Mike and Todd was truthful as well as realistic on whether this team is going to win. Reporter asked for a time table...lol. They Gabe frank answers and sounded confident they will bring an winning attitude and culture to the Jets!!!!

Great presser, a dream come true for both of them, a good first day on the job

also noted that Bowles started at Hofstra, sounds like a great new place to hold camp

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Maccagnan_and_Bowles_Introductory_News_Conference/2449eb2b-dd9a-4f54-8240-6d73cb5de1e0

also noted that Bowles started at Hofstra, sounds like a great new place to hold camp

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Maccagnan_and_Bowles_Introductory_News_Conference/2449eb2b-dd9a-4f54-8240-6d73cb5de1e0

Thank you for the link!!

Bowles and Maccagnan said all the right things in todays press conference. Casserly and Wolf really helped Mr.Johnson hire the right people for the job. I hope it doesn't take too long for the Jets to be relevant again. It's also good that Maccagnan knows how to really scout talent for the Jets to pick because if Idzik was still here this franchise would be in trouble. Bowles said all the right things and thankfully didn't predict any championships or playoffs. Bowles knows getting this Jet team back to respectability again will be a process. I will wait and see what happens after a few seasons to really judge for sure if this was a good hire. Right now my opinion is that it is a good hire because I am optimistic about this teams future. Rex Ryan definitely deserved to go and hopefully the jets defeat him twice a season going forward. Go Jets!

That's actually an interesting point. Wonder where the Jets will relocate camp to, with both GM/HC native Jerseyans perhaps Florham Park gets them fulltime. 

Just watched the presser on the official site. Feel like it cut off before it actually ended. However, pretty sure Gary Myers was the only douche from the NYDN. Didn't hear Mehta ask anything. Am I right or did I miss it?

Archived