Question for the board

section314

I think that the enormity of this game, regardless of the players is the focus of the NFL.  It is just proof that the moment is way too big for this incompetent commissioner and complete joke of a leader.  You deal with these types of situations as they happen and in the same even handed fashion, because in the end you protect your overall game, not just one big one.  He knows what he should do, he just does not have the sack to actually do it.  It doesn't matter who the employees are, they should all be dealt with the same way.  Once you play favorites, you damage your leadership and allow an insubordinate element to fester within your organization.  This is going to be an insidious disaster for the entire NFL.

Yes, first offense and time served, I don't even think it would be a news story

This seems to be more about the Kraft/BB legacy of redefining the rules for their own gain "cheating" like the steroid era in baseball

tampering with coaches for draft picks - Bill and Bill were friends no more

tuck rule - where a fumble is not a fumble

video taping practices and pre-game warm ups to steal plays and signals 

illegal substitution where you can declare an eligible receiver and snap the ball in the same second

under inflate game balls in the rain to improve the passing game 

feel free to add to the list but the pattern is clear and will stick to that team forever

I think that the enormity of this game, regardless of the players is the focus of the NFL.  It is just proof that the moment is way too big for this incompetent commissioner and complete joke of a leader.  You deal with these types of situations as they happen and in the same even handed fashion, because in the end you protect your overall game, not just one big one.  He knows what he should do, he just does not have the sack to actually do it.  It doesn't matter who the employees are, they should all be dealt with the same way.  Once you play favorites, you damage your leadership and allow an insubordinate element to fester within your organization.  This is going to be an insidious disaster for the entire NFL.

Yes and it will be especially enormous if the Cheaters win it all.  Talk about bad press.

I hate the Pats.  But the deflate-Gate stuff is overblown.  WTF does 1 or 2 pounds of PSI make in the grand scheme of half of football game.  Patsies are scumbags and cheaters.  But this ball thing doesn't really blow my skirt up.  What bothers me more is the way the media is treating a minor glitch in a children's game played by grown men and treating it like the invasion of France.  Priorities folks.

It is just proof that the moment is way too big for this incompetent commissioner and complete joke of a leader.  You deal with these types of situations as they happen and in the same even handed fashion, because in the end you protect your overall game, not just one big one.  He.  This is going to be an insidious disaster for the entire NFL.

This is why Goodell will be fired 2 weeks from now.

I hate the Pats.  But the deflate-Gate stuff is overblown.  WTF does 1 or 2 pounds of PSI make in the grand scheme of half of football game.  Patsies are scumbags and cheaters.  But this ball thing doesn't really blow my skirt up.  What bothers me more is the way the media is treating a minor glitch in a children's game played by grown men and treating it like the invasion of France.  Priorities folks.

i thought like this at first. a little less air in the ball, no big deal. they could have beaten the colts playing with a bowling ball. however, I thought more about the fact that the balls were manually tampered with after the ref inspection. there is a reason for the ref inspection and the pats decided they were above that. reading more into the story with ex pros and football people in general stating the benefits of an under inflated ball. easier to grip, easier to catch, and easier to hold onto. then the facts come out about the pats ball security being out of this world good. throw in spygate, qb headsets that don't shut off, radio frequencies,&  bugged locker rooms.never mind what we don't even know about. after all that, tampering with ref inspected footballs shouldn't have been a consideration for the pats, if it was no big deal. at one time, imo, it was a little less air in the ball. now it has become clear as day, the pats are unable to not cheat. after this, belichick will think of a new angle to obtain that competitive edge

+1

i thought like this at first. a little less air in the ball, no big deal. they could have beaten the colts playing with a bowling ball. however, I thought more about the fact that the balls were manually tampered with after the ref inspection. there is a reason for the ref inspection and the pats decided they were above that. reading more into the story with ex pros and football people in general stating the benefits of an under inflated ball. easier to grip, easier to catch, and easier to hold onto. then the facts come out about the pats ball security being out of this world good. throw in spygate, qb headsets that don't shut off, radio frequencies,&  bugged locker rooms.never mind what we don't even know about. after all that, tampering with ref inspected footballs shouldn't have been a consideration for the pats, if it was no big deal. at one time, imo, it was a little less air in the ball. now it has become clear as day, the pats are unable to not cheat. after this, belichick will think of a new angle to obtain that competitive edge

+2

Yes, first offense and time served, I don't even think it would be a news story

This seems to be more about the Kraft/BB legacy of redefining the rules for their own gain "cheating" like the steroid era in baseball

tampering with coaches for draft picks - Bill and Bill were friends no more

tuck rule - where a fumble is not a fumble

video taping practices and pre-game warm ups to steal plays and signals 

illegal substitution where you can declare an eligible receiver and snap the ball in the same second

under inflate game balls in the rain to improve the passing game 

feel free to add to the list but the pattern is clear and will stick to that team forever

http://youtu.be/50Kfd6GCjso

Even, say, if they had been doing it for the last 10 years every time Brady had to use a wet ball.  That is what I think is happening. I also think they wouldn't be doing it if they did not get an advantage, even if it is only psychological --for Big Tom, out of it.  But that is just me.  It is not about this past game.  It is about this ongoing mentality they have.

Archived