Rex Ryan: "Stephen Gilmore is elite."

Patriot Killa

Since every one wants to post about Rex I thought this was rather humorous. This guy is just a savage.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000470324/article/stephon-gilmore-a-shutdown-corner-bills-coaches-say

Whether or not Darrelle Revis reaches free agency for an opportunity to reunite with Rex Ryan, the Buffalo Bills believe they already have a shutdown cornerback on the roster.

Ryan insisted Thursday on WGR-AM Buffalo that 2012 first-round draft pick Stephon Gilmore is going to be one of the "elite" cornerbacks in the league.

"Where people miss it sometimes is, how many balls get caught on him? They don't complete passes on him," Ryan said. "Now, he might not get all the interceptions ... (but) they're not completing balls on him. ... This guy's an elite guy. There's no question about it."

Gilmore's receptions and yards allowed last season were similar to those of Revis andVontae Davis, two of the NFL's top cornerbacks.

New defensive backs coach Donnie Henderson recently stated that Gilmore "is a shutdown corner."

"He can take one half of the field away," Henderson explained on The John Murphy Show, via the team's official website. "Whatever side he's on, that side has been eliminated. ... I'll tell you what, look at how many times they throw the ball at him. Look at how many catches are over there, number one. Find out the yardage that's been accumulated by the receiver."

If Ryan's history is any indication, Gilmore will play a featured role in 2015.

Ryan's defenses have always been reliant on strong press-man corners. Unlike the Jets cornerbacks of recent years, Gilmore will have the benefit of one of the league's premier pass-rushing front sevens.

I don't understand the last part^

"Unlike the Jets cornerbacks of recent years, Gilmore will have the benefit of one of the leagues premier pass-rushing front seven"

We have arguably one of the best as well..

Expect Gilmore to cash in at the end of his contract.. he's elite guys!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Where people miss it sometimes is, how many balls get caught on him? They don't complete passes on him," Ryan said. "Now, he might not get all the interceptions ... (but) they're not completing balls on him. ... This guy's an elite guy. There's no question about it."

how did you miss this in the draft Rex ?

"Unlike the Jets cornerbacks of recent years, Gilmore will have the benefit of one of the leagues premier pass-rushing front seven"

The Jets have one of the better DLs in the league, one that's very stout against the run. When you expand that to front seven, or start talking about premier pass rushes, then not so much.

It shouldn't surprise anyone if the Jets take a pass rusher at #6 in this year's draft.

The Jets have one of the better DLs in the league, one that's very stout against the run. When you expand that to front seven, or start talking about premier pass rushes, then not so much.

It shouldn't surprise anyone if the Jets take a pass rusher at #6 in this year's draft.

Dante Fowler, please.

Expect Gilmore to cash in at the end of his contract.. he's elite guys!

You don't think he was going to cash in before Rex?  He is the 2nd best corner in the east, and yes he is better than Grimes.

Rex is right, Gilmore is elite.  The article is also right, the Bills have an elite front seven, the Jets however, do not.  Grabbing Gregory, Ray or Fowler Jr should not be a surprise. I'd actually be excited about the pick if I wasn't so disillusioned by our inability to field a competent Quarterback.

Rex is right.

Rex is right, Gilmore is elite.  The article is also right, the Bills have an elite front seven, the Jets however, do not.  Grabbing Gregory, Ray or Fowler Jr should not be a surprise. I'd actually be excited about the pick if I wasn't so disillusioned by our inability to field a competent Quarterback.

Absolutely Rex is right but that's not the point .... The point is Rex is an idiot and actually hurts the teams bargaining with the player. If jack ass Rex goes around continuing to do this he draws attention to the player just like he did with Revis then said player wants or demands a boat load of money. Rex the Idiot, as a coach, should probably not be doing that and should have learned by now but just like other Head Coaching abilities the guy just does not seem to learn how to work the system. He needs a little Parcells in him but apparently that's never going to happen will be fun to see what happens when Gilmore starts asking for Revis /Sherman type money thanks to his idiot HC 

Absolutely Rex is right but that's not the point .... The point is Rex is an idiot and actually hurts the teams bargaining with the player. If jack ass Rex goes around continuing to do this he draws attention to the player just like he did with Revis then said player wants or demands a boat load of money. Rex the Idiot, as a coach, should probably not be doing that and should have learned by now but just like other Head Coaching abilities the guy just does not seem to learn how to work the system. He needs a little Parcells in him but apparently that's never going to happen will be fun to see what happens when Gilmore starts asking for Revis /Sherman type money thanks to his idiot HC 

As if Rex's talk is any different than Parcells' talk about Curtis Martin and his subsequent contracts. 

This is right.  It's why we're going to have to pay for Wilkerson too.

Parcells never gushed over players like Ryan does ...EVER ...

Parcells gushed the **** over Curtis Martin after giving up 1st and 3rd round picks for him and paying him an exorbitant amount of money, which Bradway and Edwards felt compelled to double-down on after Bill was gone. He then introduced him into the HoF. His gushing was greater than anything Rex ever said about Revis, but Bill Parcells is a god and revisionist history is king. so there's that. 

Revis held out before he played a down in the NFL.  Rex was DC in Baltimore at the time.  The idea that this guy is a secret or that the coaches quotes change the negotiations is as silly the idea that Cimini and Mehta pick the GM.

Parcells never gushed over players like Ryan does ...EVER ...

..but he sure ******* overpaid them.

Parcells gushed the **** over Curtis Martin after giving up 1st and 3rd round picks for him and paying him an exorbitant amount of money, which Bradway and Edwards felt compelled to double-down on after Bill was gone. He then introduced him into the HoF. His gushing was greater than anything Rex ever said about Revis, but Bill Parcells is a god and revisionist history is king. so there's that. 

So he gushed over a hall of famer...and traded a 1st and 3rd for a hall of famer.

That seems like a pretty good deal to me.

How many HOF'ers have we drafted in the 1st and 3rd rounds?

So he gushed over a hall of famer...and traded a 1st and 3rd for a hall of famer.

That seems like a pretty good deal to me.

How many HOF'ers have we drafted in the 1st and 3rd rounds?

This is in response to Rex gushing over a future HoF CB? How different is it? Except for the fact that the Jets didn't give up as much for Revis - a much better player. 

It's okay Smash, he's gone. He can't hurt you anymore.

This is in response to Rex gushing over a future HoF CB? How different is it? Except for the fact that the Jets didn't give up as much for Revis - a much better player. 

Except Parcels kept his player...Isn't it possible he gushed over him because he was a good guy on top of the talent?

Rex is right, Gilmore is elite. The article is also right, the Bills have an elite front seven, the Jets however, do not. Grabbing Gregory, Ray or Fowler Jr should not be a surprise. I'd actually be excited about the pick if I wasn't so disillusioned by our inability to field a competent Quarterback.

Would you say that Gilmore is poised for a "breakthrough" season?

Except Parcels kept his player...Isn't it possible he gushed over him because he was a good guy on top of the talent?

You've gone too tangentically for me to continue. Parcells gushed over a player (or two or three) as you've confirmed. Thanks. 

Gilmore's agent is loving Rex right now.

Bills are going to have to fork over Revis money now. Thanks Rex. He is the reason Revis was so overpaid, because he can't keep his big mouth shut. Every freakin member of the Jets defense -according to the bozo - was a top five guy. And of course they then want to be paid like it. Rex never learns, becuase if you don't know how stupid you are to begin with how can you learn?

Rex is right, Gilmore is elite. The article is also right, the Bills have an elite front seven, the Jets however, do not. Grabbing Gregory, Ray or Fowler Jr should not be a surprise. I'd actually be excited about the pick if I wasn't so disillusioned by our inability to field a competent Quarterback.

That's how I feel too. The Pats winning another chip officially broke me. What's the point.

Archived