Whats Plan B Mariota and Winston both gone by 6

joewilly12

SB Nation presents: What happens when the Eagles trade their entire draft for Mariota

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State

It’s still impossible to find a consensus on what the Buccaneers will do with this pick. There have been early indicators both ways on Winston and Marcus Mariota. Maybe the combine will provide some clarity about the direction the Buccaneers lean. Okay, probably not. The debate about the two is going to endure.

TRADE 2. Philadelphia Eagles (via Tennessee): Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

The Eagles trading up and the Titans trading down is either the best idea or the worst. There is nothing in between. He could catapult the Eagles to the next level or torpedo the franchise if he fails.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Leonard Williams, DT, Southern California

Nebraska’s Randy Gregory has often been the choice for Jacksonville in these mock drafts, but he’s not purely a slam dunk choice. Williams fits in Jacksonville’s front four. At the worst, he can play inside if Sen'Derrick Marks is slow to come back from his torn ACL. Williams has the skill set to work as the team’s left defensive end.

4. Oakland Raiders: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama

If Williams is gone when Oakland picks, the Raiders should go after a wide receiver with the fourth overall selection. Cooper has few flaws as a receiver. In a couple areas -- namely getting yards after the catch and working underneath routes -- he can be special. He’s not a consensus top-five pick, but could be a necessity for a team like the Raiders.

5. Washington: Randy Gregory, DE/OLB, Nebraska

Should Gregory "fall" in the draft, Washington would be smart to snap him up with the fifth overall pick. He has the athleticism to work in space and get after the quarterback. Playing wide on the outside would also mask some of Gregory’s strength issues.

6. New York JetsVic Beasley, OLB, Clemson

We’re in another scenario where a quarterback doesn’t fall to the Jets and they’re left to take a pass rusher. They’ll certainly have their pick at No. 6 with players like Beasley, Bud Dupree of Kentucky and Dante Fowler of Florida. Of those three, Beasley fits best as a linebacker.

With 50 million I'd be shocked if Bowles being a defensive guy doesn't try to get an OLB in free agency. Plug & play a veteran there if you have the opportunity.

Sign Iupati , draft Scherff....bam! Instantly one of the best Olines in football & one of the best Dlines in football.

A punch you in the face team that dominates both lines of scrimmage.

It would be similar to the 49ers during Harbaughs 1st three years.

I remember how they just mauled us at MetLife. You could sense the power difference.

Without having a franchise QB you have to be kickazz in the trenches to win in the NFL. Teams like that can travel well & are always a little scary as Wild card playoff teams.

Wake up people

Mariotta isn't getting past 2.

Brandon Scherff is a guard.

if it falls like that they have to go best available WR (White) or Pass rusher ( Fowler or Ray)

This is basically how I see it. The Scherff-fest on this board is a little overwhelming. Gotta go for premium position at #6. There'll be a WR or pass rusher there.

Wake up people

Mariotta isn't getting past 2.

Brandon Scherff is a guard.

if it falls like that they have to go best available WR (White) or Pass rusher ( Fowler or Ray)

Scherff is a Guard who will be drafted in the top 10 this year. I'm seeing mocks where Washington takes him at 5

Scherff is a Guard who will be drafted in the top 10 this year. I'm seeing mocks where Washington takes him at 5

Draft Scheriff, sign Lupati and Bulaga...

You have an o-line to reckon with.

Bring in Revis, the best free agent WR and draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd.  And, of course, the best QB you can get your hands on...

And you have a team that will be competing for a playoff spot.

You can afford that and pay Wilkerson.

Bring in Revis, the best free agent WR and draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd.  And, of course, the best QB you can get your hands on...

We already have 32 million invested in the Oline, 3 guys is way to many. But, I agree that with these high picks & 50 million you can build a pretty damn good base. Our new GM & Bowles wouldn't even had wanted to sniff the NY Jets if Idzik didn't set up all of this cap money.

Great way to cut your teeth with your new team knowing you can mold it anyway you want to. Listening to these new guys has me extremely excited about our prospects. These dudes do their homework, have a plan & the people in position to implement it.

Rex is a nice guy but what WAS his plan?

"Lets go eat a f*cking snack!" Lmao!

The most ironic thing about his rants from Hardknocks is they came back to bite both he & Tannenbaum in the azz.

"Let's not play like some slapdick team" > proceeds to get his azz handed to him coming off a bye! exclaiming they were a zillion times better this time! after a blizzard forces the Bills players to shovel themselves out, play in Detroit, without any practice.

Another clip I saw of Rex was extolling Holmes, "that's my guy, I'm the guy that wanted him".

Same as Tannenbaum when Holmes made a great catch in training camp, "who's the smart guy that brought him here? Huh, huh?"

These guys were pretty full of themselves.

Such a new chapter with guys that talk like confident men, and not any slapdick in them. Lol.

Bring in Revis, the best free agent WR and draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd. And, of course, the best QB you can get your hands on...

Don't you know we have to devote the entire $40 mil in cap room to extending Wilk and signing Revis? And then if we're lucky we can cut Harvin and use that money to sign Josh Mccown and Sidney Rice

Your also not allowed to spend more than $32 mil on the O-line. Brian Winters and Oday Aboushi were a revelation anyway

We should be trying to trade back. Hopefully get some high picks next year as well in the process.

I wish we can trade back a couple spots and draft Kevin White. Kevin and I actually have some mutual friends as he went to high school right down the street (Emmaus). All I can say is this guy is a monster! He will compliment Decker really well.

Archived