Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

And here we go..... Whole offseason will revolve around this again. But in all honesty. They bring in.

Marshall. Iupati. And Revis. That's 3 pro bowlers. No one can complain at all.

Throw in Cro, draft a burner WR, and let the roided beast LaRon tag along after his 10 game suspension. We are beastly. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping you're right and I really think Cro is coming too.  Not hearing his name anywhere - we're being quiet about but everyone knows it's done.

I think Cro is locked up. Haven't heard any interest in him by other teams and haven't heard his agent contact with other teams. I think other teams realize he's going back to the Jets

So  maybe we are just keeping quiet as per the rules.  

NFL MEMO

Clubs were advised of the rules for the three-day negotiating period in PP-23-15 (attached). These rules include limitations such as that a club cannot make an 'offer;' or enter into a written or oral agreement of any kind, express or implied, or make promises or representations of any type concerning the terms or conditions of employment to be offered to any Unrestricted Free Agent for inclusion in a Player Contract after the start of the new League Year; or provide assurances of intent as to the future execution of an NFL Player Contract.

"Clubs were further advised that "Any attempt to undermine the purpose of this negotiating period may be considered conduct detrimental to the League." At this time, the League office is beginning investigations into a number of reported agreements with clubs. Violations will be dealt with accordingly."

Great find!!!  It just doesn't pay to be a "blabbermouth" during this three day period.  It's obvious from

that memo that teams that "blabbed" may get penalized

This.

Someone else posted something similar earlier today, but it's good to keep reminding some of our little chickens of this.

For once it's nice to know that we really are not one of teams that are in question here. That being said, I would like to see the stiffest penalty possible handed down to all teams involved in this travesty.  The Fins being first on the list ( how nice fun would it be for Tanny's first big "splash" to followed by a loss of a pic)   followed by Chips Kelly and his Eagles.

Maybe we have a smart front office here.

NO.

twitter.pngDan Graziano

The Revis move was completely (a) procedural and ( B) expected. Still not FA until 4 pm tomorrow. Pats can still sign him today.

Sure, but this would have been done already if it was going to get done.  Revis is now 24 hours from being a free agent - he's going to test the waters.

The more Pryor runs his mouth (or twitter feed), the more I hate his guts. Guy needs to STFU.

Don't worry the new coach will ass kick players that need it.  Bowles is a parcells disciple, not a Rex 'You are a pro bowler the day you sing with us' disciple.

For once it's nice to know that we really are not one of teams that are in question here. That being said, I would like to see the stiffest penalty possible handed down to all teams involved in this travesty.  The Fins being first on the list ( how nice fun would it be for Tanny's first big "splash" to followed by a loss of a pic)   followed by Chips Kelly and his Eagles.

Maybe we have a smart front office here.

Bill's too.

I think your wrong. Just like all these other players too. Jeremy Maclin doesn't become a free agent "technically" until tommorow too. But he's signing with the Chiefs. The patriots officially declined option. Revis is open to everyone right now. But that isn't official until tomorrow. Just like literally everyone else. Revis isn't a patriot right now.

Really don't want Revis back, but Revis at 14 m/ per seems like way better value than Maxwell at 10m/ per.

Though by the time we're ready to really compete, Revis will be on the down slope and ready to hold out again.

But a team really ready to contend this year should try to make a run at him for 14 mil

No they are not. All they said is that are not picking up the option. Saying and doing it are two different things.

Excuse me? They have declined the $20 million dollar option. In other words, he is NOT a Patriot. Just because he's free to sign with another team by tomorrow at 4, does not mean he's still a Pat until then. He can negotiate with anyone he wants.

What people don't like in Pryor is due to the fact that a HC/coaching staff didn't address

the issues of a rookie coming into the league.  A rookie should never be late to meetings

and should only speak when spoken to.  But when a HC "gasses his head up" you see

the immaturity of a 21-22 year old come out

And here we go..... Whole offseason will revolve around this again. But in all honesty. They bring in.

Marshall. Iupati. And Revis. That's 3 pro bowlers. No one can complain at all.

I'm pretty new to this board but I know that many people WILL complain.

This whole off-season comes down to Revis again. It's really a shame but pay the dude what he wants and let's get the defense back at the top of the league.

He is not a FA so how does lacanfora know what jets and chiefs are willing to guarantee. That would be illegal tampering during the legal tampering window...

The NFL is dogsh*t. The one thing you can give them credit for is that they're open and transparent about it because no one is going to say anything.

Archived