Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

Nobody is on the hot seat for tampering.  I think the NFL is just pissed that we are seeing explicit contract details before the start of FA.  This is the legal tampering period so tampering is allowed.  The NFL is just losing the winds in it sails for tomorrow and they are stamping their feet like little children now

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody is on the hot seat for tampering. I think the NFL is just pissed that we are seeing explicit contract details before the start of FA. This is the legal tampering period so tampering is allowed. The NFL is just losing the winds in it sails for tomorrow and they are stamping their feet like little children now

Exactly.

Of 31 qualifying QBs, the 2 w/ the lowest completion pct over the last 2 seasons: Geno Smith (57.5), Brian Hoyer (56.0), per @ESPNStatsInfo

I'm with Cimini on this one. Don't see the bromance for Hoyer at all. Fitz is going to be cheaper, less years and just as capable. Still would like to see Colt McCoy added to the mix...

lW31qU_D_normal.jpegRich Cimini @RichCimini · 7m7 minutes ago

Of 31 qualifying QBs, the 2 w/ the lowest completion pct over the last 2 seasons: Geno Smith (57.5), Brian Hoyer (56.0), per @ESPNStatsInfo

I'm with Cimini on this one. Don't see the bromance for Hoyer at all. Fitz is going to be cheaper, less years and just as capable. Still would like to see Colt McCoy added to the mix...

McCoy is a guy I kinda like, too, and think he would fit well in Gailey's spread offense - but apparently we're in the minority.

McCoy is a guy I kinda like, too, and think he would fit well in Gailey's spread offense - but apparently we're in the minority.

I'm a bit biased because I'm a texas fan but I actually like him too. He was awful when he first came into the league and then last year he really came out of nowhere with some of his play. Really wouldn't mind bringing him in.

I'm a bit biased because I'm a texas fan but I actually like him too. He was awful when he first came into the league and then last year he really came out of nowhere with some of his play. Really wouldn't mind bringing him in.

Even if he played exactly like Geno, he looks like he cares more and is trying harder.

Well, he wouldn't have to move and uproot his family if he signed with the Raiders. 

Yes, but he would still be a Raider...that should outweigh anything else.

RIP San Fran defense.

Two casualties on the same day. First Patrick Willis, now Justin Smith.

I think SF looks at this as good news.  Smith is 36 and Willis retiring saves them cap space when they already have 2 ILBs.  I like Willis, but he has been slowed down that toe for a bit now.

Coworker just tricked me (for 30 seconds) into believing that the Jets were rumored to be working on a Drew Brees trade. Best thirty seconds of my life

That would be so Jets like.  Trade for a 37 year old shell of his former self. 

There are some other teams involved, but if anybody chooses the Raiders over the Jets with money being equal....well that's just bad.

Exactly why do you think that? Personally, if I was him, I'd stay with the Raiders. His family relocated within the state, the Raiders have a franchise QB, they're in an easier division without to many dominant defensive lineman. I would stay in Oakland.

What does Chip want for Foles? I don't want to trade down unless Foles is part of the package. Rams have worse pick than us so I'm assuming it's not draft related??

If they are talking trades for Foles right now I would assume there is some merit to the Kapernick trade, if there is merit to that I wouldn't be surprised if there were a straight trade for Kap and Foles.

Exactly why do you think that? Personally, if I was him, I'd stay with the Raiders. His family relocated within the state, the Raiders have a franchise QB, they're in an easier division without to many dominant defensive lineman. I would stay in Oakland.

To each his own, but that team seems to win between three and five games every season and there's never a sense of direction.  New HC or GM or both, every two or three years?  They're a poster child for instability and losing.  To each his own though.

Twitter is the devil- been saying that for awhile.

The best was when we were still searching for a coach, and someone tweeted we were going to hire Norv Turner, and that spawned like a 15 pages thread, complete with bitonti yelling SEE I TOLD YOU IF WE FIRED REX THIS IS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. You didn't get this type of stuff 10 years ago. It's great.

If they are talking trades for Foles right now I would assume there is some merit to the Kapernick trade, if there is merit to that I wouldn't be surprised if there were a straight trade for Kap and Foles.

That would make sense, but the Rams being the frontrunner contradicts reports of Kelly wanting to use Foles as a chip to get Mariota in the Draft

Archived