2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing how this team has a historically good pitching staff and will watch it wither away over this decade because Alderson doesn't understand that you need to score runs to win ball games.

Marlins, Indians, and Brewers are going to blow up their rosters, too. Mets could find some nice pieces for a run if they wanted. But, they won't.

Castro would be a decent haul for Niese, but he hasn't been hitting well this season at all. Certainly not an answer to the hitting woes but definitely a longer term solution at short. Neither is Zobrist though really for left or where ever. If the Mets go 50 cents on the dollar for anyone but Niese for either player it would instantaneously be Kazmir-level sh*t.

Nil. He's the defensive replacement in CF on a good team.

He's a above average defensive outfielder who a good hitting team could afford to take on to fill a hole. The problem is that nobody is going to trade a bat for him. We have to trade pitching; I say it's time to start shopping the Dark Knight.

Matz is awesome. Really awesome. That curve that he froze Votto with was something.

Hernandez says he's every bit as polished and good as Harvey. So that's why I say give Matz a couple starts, throw Gee and Harvey out there and see what comes back. Alderson should be part of the deal too.

Hernandez says he's every bit as polished and good as Harvey. So that's why I say give Matz a couple starts, throw Gee and Harvey out there and see what comes back. Alderson should be part of the deal too.

Gee just got rocked in AAA after getting demoted. He's become a bit of a malcontent too. Probably should have moved him last year when he was peaking.

Gee just got rocked in AAA after getting demoted. He's become a bit of a malcontent too. Probably should have moved him last year when he was peaking.

Mentally, I wouldn't be shocked if he is checked out at this point. Guy had the city around his finger a couple years ago.

Mentally, I wouldn't be shocked if he is checked out at this point. Guy had the city around his finger a couple years ago.

I think getting bounced around like he did can really mess with a pitcher's head and rhythm. But at the same time, Alderson shopped him before any of that over the offseason and wasn't getting any offers higher than a mid-tier prospect, so it's whatever. Shame though, for a bit of a tenure Gee was a damn good pitcher for us.

He's a above average defensive outfielder who a good hitting team could afford to take on to fill a hole. The problem is that nobody is going to trade a bat for him. We have to trade pitching; I say it's time to start shopping the Dark Knight.

Its not as crazy an idea as people think to trade Harvey at some point, I agree with you because there is literally zero chance we sign him long term, I hate that we have to think like Marlins and Rays fans but its reality.

Its not as crazy an idea as people think to trade Harvey at some point, I agree with you because there is literally zero chance we sign him long term, I hate that we have to think like Marlins and Rays fans but its reality.

And since Matz is from Long Island, the timing couldn't be better. We should approach Miami and swap our problem children. I don't know if Stanton's new contract has a no trade clause. I doubt they do it anyway but a boy can dream.

Trade Harvey, go to war next year with Wheeler, Syndergaard, Matz, deGrom and whoever?

I'm starting to feel fine about trading Harvey for a bat.  Plenty of studs and it will sting less than when he becomes a FA and prefers to play cross town.

I'm starting to feel fine about trading Harvey for a bat.  Plenty of studs and it will sting less than when he becomes a FA and prefers to play cross town.

We'd have to trade him to a team that can afford to extend his contract.  At least we'd get to choose where he goes rather than let him become a Yankee.  It'll be bad enough when they get Bryce Harper.

Archived