2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

The Mets drafted  David Thompson, 3B, Miami. He is playing 3B today for The U in the College World Series.

Got to see him a few times vs the Gators. We played them on Sat. He did his job eventhough we destroyed them. Drove in a few on 2 sac flys. He drove in quite a few this year. Has a live bat. Could be something.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to see him a few times vs the Gators. We played them on Sat. He did his job eventhough we destroyed them. Drove in a few on 2 sac flys. He drove in quite a few this year. Has a live bat. Could be something.

We got spanked by you guys.

I switched over to the hockey game.

Now there's talks of moving Syndergaard to the bullpen to bring up Matz.  Not sure how I feel about that.

I would think Thor has cemented his spot in the rotation for the time being after that performance tonight.  Shutting down the best hitting team in the majors coming in with an 11 game hitting streak.  Would have liked to have seen Noah get the win, but still a really nice comeback win.

Give Bautista credit, he turned on that inside pitch and drove it. It was an amazing swing.

This is where fantasy sports can be very cruel when it comes to rooting for your team in reality.  I have both Syndergaard and Bautista in my money league.  I know, I know, no one cares.

This is where fantasy sports can be very cruel when it comes to rooting for your team in reality.  I have both Syndergaard and Bautista in my money league.  I know, I know, no one cares.

This is why I have given up fantasy altogether.  Screws too much with your priorities as a fan -- I know what teams I want to root for and I don't want to mess that up with a fantasy team.

We got spanked by you guys.

I switched over to the hockey game.

You guys get redemption tonight.  Elimination game.

RE Mets - Harvey had a great bounce back game last night.  Torres almost ruined it but it was awesome seeing Pranell come save the day in a really tough spot.  Was super worried about the Jays the way they've been playing but if the Mets can take 1 of the games in Toronto (probably Thurs w/ Colon cause Niese is terrible) that would be huge! 

Is there a stat that tracks teams who leave runners stranded in scoring position? Mets gotta be top 5 in that for the past 10 years.

Don't know about the last 10 years, but Mets are middle of the pack this season for batting with runners in scoring position (.255) but only hitting .195 with runners in scoring position and 2 outs and last in the league in RBI with guys in scoring position with 2 outs (48 RBI).

R.A. on point last night.  Now 10-21 on the road.  Ugh.

Its amazing.  They cant hit for the life of them on the road and just about every park in the Nation is more hitter friendly than Citi Field but these ****ers dont bring their bats on the road, at all. You think they'd be dying to get out of Citi for a game or two.  

They're just a terrible road team. 

Its amazing.  They cant hit for the life of them on the road and just about every park in the Nation is more hitter friendly than Citi Field but these ****ers dont bring their bats on the road, at all. You think they'd be dying to get out of Citi for a game or two.  

Next 6 games are also on the road.  Is it too optimistic to hope to win 2 of them?

Unreal.  And last night it was Matt Wisler.  Guy didn't last 4 innings in his last minor league start and he completely shuts the Mets down through 8 innings.

Unreal. And last night it was Matt Wisler. Guy didn't last 4 innings in his last minor league start and he completely shuts the Mets down through 8 innings.

They couldn't touch him! Ruined another great pitching performance from deGrom too. All these young studs are going to want out soon. No support. Unreal.

Terrible hitting lineup and poor defense in the outfield- weakest arms in the league maybe and poor infield defense. If you want to win with pitching you better make sure you play defense behind them

What a great start! We're amazin again!

****in sh*t the sky is falling!

Amazin again!

Fallin again!

Amazin!

Fallin!

Amallin!

Fazin!

******* sh*t. It's a long season, calm the **** down.

It's imperative that we give the Wilpons the benefit of the doubt.

The team has improved. Farm system looks good. No albatross deals. Abundance of assets for future deals. Several bats to call up to fill the glaring holes made obvious by this year. What's the problem?

9 years of learned helplessness and self-loathing? 

We figured at the start of the year the team was a year away, so .500 ball should be more than tolerable.  I guess we had unrealistically high hopes because of the fact that the Mets 2 titles were won on the backs of strong homegrown pitching, and the performances Syndergaard has been putting up coupled with the hot start in April made people believe we'd be a contender a year early.

And as faba said, it'd be fine to have one of the 3 phases lacking.  But having poor hitting AND defense is a little rough.  The pitchers have to go out there thinking they need to be perfect every night.

Archived