2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow what an absolute sorry display, I know the kid obviously had great stuff but not one single tough AB after the 6th inning, not one guy dug in and toughed out an AB and fought to break this up.

Another pathetic hitting or non hitting performance. The pitchers can only do so much- Alderson is being patient to make a deal but they can compete with the pitching they have so he should be aggressive to get a legit hitter in this lineup

wow what an absolute sorry display, I know the kid obviously had great stuff but not one single tough AB after the 6th inning, not one guy dug in and toughed out an AB and fought to break this up.

Ron Darling made a good point in the first inning. Syndergaard shows the ball for way too long and it doesn't have movement. You can throw gas but if you give the hitter enough time to watch the ball and it's coming out straight, you're going to get hit.

Ron Darling made a good point in the first inning. Syndergaard shows the ball for way too long and it doesn't have movement. You can throw gas but if you give the hitter enough time to watch the ball and it's coming out straight, you're going to get hit.

For sure.  And also, I saw on his first start, you could see it, he throws gas but he doesnt have a finishing pitching.  He doesnt have that one devastating pitch you just cant touch.  He's a baby, so maybe he can develop that but right now he's a one trick pony.  Granted, that trick is pretty solid but you have to be able throw something else if you want to have long term success.

Never seen Harvey look that bad. Something is wrong when you got Justin Maxwell teeing off on you, he just missed the previous pitch, but Harvey gave him another one to crush. Everyone seeing the ball well and taking healthy cuts. You wonder if he's tipping his pitches. 

Never seen Harvey look that bad. Something is wrong when you got Justin Maxwell teeing off on you, he just missed the previous pitch, but Harvey gave him another one to crush. Everyone seeing the ball well and taking healthy cuts. You wonder if he's tipping his pitches. 

He's been terrible lately.  He's just not 100% at all.  You can tell, he just doesnt have his best stuff right now.

OMG NO WAY SANDY

Mets GM Sandy Alderson: 'very narrow market' for trades

5m

Adam Rubin, ESPN Staff Writer

Shares

Email

Print

Comment

NEW YORK -- New York Mets general manager Sandy Alderson does not sound bullish about swiftly acquiring a player to bolster the team's ailing offense.

"I'd say it's a very narrow market," Alderson said before Thursday's series finale against the San Francisco Giants. "Teams are not looking to dump their players in the middle of June. That's like advertising to their fans that the season is over. I don't care how bad your record is, teams are reluctant to do that at this point in the season.

"As you get closer to the trade deadline, fans and media develop more of an expectation that teams are going to move players. But right now it's a little early. And, as I said, the market is pretty narrow."

Alderson even seemed to object to the suggestion that the Mets' offense is ailing. He labeled Tuesday's no-hitter by Giants rookie Chris Heston an aberration.

"If you look at all the games around the no-hitter -- last night and the several games before that -- I think we were in double-digit hits most of those games," Alderson said. "Stuff can happen. On the one hand, you could look at it and say, ‘Well, that's a punctuation mark for some of the problems that we've been having.' But, at the same time, I don't think it accurately reflects the way we've been hitting the last six or seven days.

"No-hitters are always aberrations. We no-hit the Cardinals a couple of years ago. I'm not sure where they ended up, but my guess is it wasn't in the second division."

Alderson suggested the Mets could take on salary in an acquisition, but seemed to add that doing so now would preclude doing so closer to the trade deadline, too.

"But again, I have to emphasize, you're constantly weighing what you have against what's out there," Alderson said. "By and large, the players that are available aren't doing particularly well themselves. And if they're doing well -- or even if they have a reputation for having done well in the past -- it's like an arm and a leg. So when I say there's a narrow market, there aren't that many sellers. And they're going to take advantage of their position. I get that."

"

He had Tommy John. Despite what all the kids are saying these days about procedures and recovery, it's Tommy John. Matt Harvey is a phenom who probably got absolutely abused by his coaches in high school, aau, and college, just like every other kid with a gift and now his arm is like a car that had the odometer turned back about 5,000 miles. It's a shame really. But if he returns to prior form it will be impressive. Also he gained weight this offseason and that could be throwing off his mechanics via his balance. I hope it's the latter.

100 games to go.

They've played 62, and sit atop the NL East with a 32-29 record. 

Things were looking rosy when they were 13-3, but the injury bug bit, and the hitting slowed down.

My lowest expectation is they will be in the pennant race at least until the All-Star break- a little higher hope would be at least until Jets TC opens.

Higher expectation: in the race until the Jets opener against Cleveland.

Highest expectation: the sky's the limit!

100 games to go.

They've played 62, and sit atop the NL East with a 32-29 record. 

Things were looking rosy when they were 13-3, but the injury bug bit, and the hitting slowed down.

My lowest expectation is they will be in the pennant race at least until the All-Star break- a little higher hope would be at least until Jets TC opens.

Higher expectation: in the race until the Jets opener against Cleveland.

Highest expectation: the sky's the limit!

After so many losing seasons I am not picky- just want them to have a chance to make the playoffs into the summer July and august

Sure let one get away last night.  Please, Terry, please do not play Muno at 3rd base anymore. Infield defense was awful and cost us the game and it was more than just the three errors by Muno.  Flores not turning the double play that should have ended the game.  Campbell fielding a sac bunt that was going foul in the 11th.  I would have to see it again to see if the single off of Herrera's glove was playable.  I know the injuries to Murphy and Wright have hurt, but still this infield defense is atrocious.

Agree with Faba - would just like to see them contend trough the summer.  Have the Mets ever played a meaningful game at Citi Field in September?

Ok went to the game yesterday- coming back from 8 to 3 was a shock to all of us. Gee belongs out of the rotation and this team

Crazy they battled back.  d'Arnaud with an emphatic return to the line up. 

Its definitely encourage with the different types of line-ups they used this weekend.  I mean, its the Braves but still...they were winning with some make shift line-ups and with bats.  Crazy

Now there's talks of moving Syndergaard to the bullpen to bring up Matz.  Not sure how I feel about that.

I know exactly how I feel about that one.  Either start Syndegaard or send him down so he can start at AAA.  Do not send him to the pen to learn how to be a reliever at the Major League level.

No, but never say never. It WILL happen.

The Jets have played meaningful games in January, and they will again.

I agree both will happen again, although I am more interested in seeing the Jets in February, but will it be in my lifetime?

Mets to designate Gee for assignment

June 15th, 2015 3:33 pm

The Mets will designate Dillon Gee for assignment, Adam Rubin of ESPN reports (June 15, 3:26 pm).

Gee, who was recently moved to the bullpen, made a spot start on Sunday, allowing eight runs in 3 2/3 innings of work.

With RHP Akeel Morris joining the Mets from High-A St. Lucie, designating Gee for assignment would create room on the roster.

In 39 2/3 innings pitched for the Mets this season, Gee went 0-3 with a 5.90 ERA and 1.66 WHIP.

Gee, 29, is earning $5.3 million and is eligible for arbitration after the season.

Alderson saying Wright isn't coming back till the break. That's a good move. I think the goal for any team should be to be at around .500 at the break. .500 halfway through the season puts you in a position to make a playoff run. So long as we're hovering around the mark leading up to the All-Star game there's no point in doing anything risky. This team has been so cursed with injuries the past two years, there's no point in tempting fate.

Archived