Defense in the AFCE

bergenjets

On paper it looks a bit like the AFCN of old. There should be some real smashmouth games this year. It's gonna be a little harder for Brady to have his way.

And that is not necessarily a bad thing. 

Last year, when the Patriots ran the gauntlet from about Week 5 to 13 where they played good teams and/or teams with a great D, this helped them for the playoffs.

On paper it looks a bit like the AFCN of old. There should be some real smashmouth games this year. It's gonna be a little harder for Brady to have his way.

Unfortunately, it also means that the AFCE team with the weakest QB is at a huge disadvantage.

As bad as Rex Ryan is, he'll easily know how to stop Geno Smith.  The Dolphins have a monster pass rush now, will give him no time to think or make good reads.  The Patriots are, well, the Patriots.

Getting Revis and Marshall are feel-good moves in March, but without an upgrade at QB we're still no better than a 6 win team looking at how the rest of the division is on D.

SAR I

Unfortunately, it also means that the AFCE team with the weakest QB is at a huge disadvantage.

As bad as Rex Ryan is, he'll easily know how to stop Geno Smith.  The Dolphins have a monster pass rush now, will give him no time to think or make good reads.  The Patriots are, well, the Patriots.

Getting Revis and Marshall are feel-good moves in March, but without an upgrade at QB we're still no better than a 6 win team looking at how the rest of the division is on D.

SAR I

100% agreed with this.  

SAR I

Unless we somehow find a QB - Unfortunately, I would have to agree...

and the Pats still win 12 games.

Look for 3 to 4 in-division losses for the Pats because of this. 

SAR I

As usual, SAR is right again.

Why? Most years when Revis was on the Jests they weren't very good. Until you upgrade from Geno, it's just more of the same. I doubt you even get to .500 this season, even if you pull off a trade for Fitz.

Revis lead the Jets to the afc title game twice brodie

Revis lead the Jets to the afc title game twice brodie

You got there once at 9-7 only because two teams laid down for you. Therefore, you only got there once on your own play with an 11-5 season. )not to mention you lost BOTH AFCC games with him) The other Revis years you went  4-12, 9-7, 8-8 and 6-10.

Impressive.

You got there once at 9-7 only because two teams laid down for you. Therefore, you only got there once on your own play with an 11-5 season. )not to mention you lost BOTH AFCC games with him) The other Revis years you went  4-12, 9-7, 8-8 and 6-10.

Impressive.

the Giants beat the Patriots with a 9-7 record in the superbowl

sh*t happens brodie 

And that is not necessarily a bad thing. 

Last year, when the Patriots ran the gauntlet from about Week 5 to 13 where they played good teams and/or teams with a great D, this helped them for the playoffs.

You mean besides cheating, right? Because deflating footballs to Brady's liking (who woulda thought he liked deflated balls?) certainly didn't help them...much.

You mean besides cheating, right? Because deflating footballs to Brady's liking (who woulda thought he liked deflated balls?) certainly didn't help them...much.

You believe everything you read on the interwebz? We'll see which is more egregious, blatant and obvious texbook-style tampering, or some phantom, maybe, lower psi in one, errrr possibly 11,,,err ...not sure how many or really even if any, balls.

Hmm, not so sure about that.

I hope you're right...but I tend to say it every year...yet they win 12 every year.

Brady is showing no signs of slowing down.  I do, although, think we can beat them twice this year....and Rex always plays them tough - so they can split.  Maybe your'e right!

You believe everything you read on the interwebz? We'll see which is more egregious, blatant and obvious texbook-style tampering, or some phantom, maybe, lower psi in one, errrr possibly 11,,,err ...not sure how many or really even if any, balls.

Yeah, except it was 11 balls deflated. Belicheat was pissed why the 12th ball wasn't deflated.

Textbook style tampering? We said it to your face. Its not like we tried to snuck in deflated footballs and spied on opposing teams Ds....

http://alt.sports.football.pro.buffalo-bills.narkive.com/FWhSKb8F/flutie-implicates-patriots-in-more-cheating

I hope you're right...but I tend to say it every year...yet they win 12 every year.

Brady is showing no signs of slowing down.  I do, although, think we can beat them twice this year....and Rex always plays them tough - so they can split.  Maybe your'e right!

There are definitely kinks in the armor. It should be interesting though.

Yeah, except it was 11 balls deflated. Belicheat was pissed why the 12th ball wasn't deflated.

Textbook style tampering? We said it to your face. Its not like we tried to snuck in deflated footballs and spied on opposing teams Ds....

http://alt.sports.football.pro.buffalo-bills.narkive.com/FWhSKb8F/flutie-implicates-patriots-in-more-cheating

11 balls? Proof?

Read the rules against tampering. What Woody said IN PUBLIC is textbook tampering. No one with half a brain disputes this.

I read your old unsubstantiated link, read mine and comment.    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/12/throwback-thursday-nfl-handled-spygate-accusations-very-differently-in-2006/

Besides, this thread is seemingly about some percieved shift in power in the AFCE. Not this year it ain't.

SAR I

Miami had to cut everyone but Cameron Wake! Book it, they will not be that great, Mangold held his own vs Suh & Wake was invisible.

Now Buffalo on the other hand will be very good defensively.

Actually it's all about matchups & Rex is Putting together a ground & pound that will definitely give the Patriots trouble.

No Wilfork, no Revis, no Browner, they weren't that good vs the run last year, and Bills got Shady & added a punishing FB.

They have a D good enough to play keep away if the Pats can't stop their running game.

With Revis I'm not worried about the Bill running game, we'll just put Revis on Watkins & stuff their run game.

I have no clue if Milliner & McDougle can come back but if they can we'll have the 2nd best secondary in the league.

I ain't scared of no ghost.

11 balls? Proof?

Read the rules against tampering. What Woody said IN PUBLIC is textbook tampering. No one with half a brain disputes this.

I read your old unsubstantiated link, read mine and comment.    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/12/throwback-thursday-nfl-handled-spygate-accusations-very-differently-in-2006/

Besides, this thread is seemingly about some percieved shift in power in the AFCE. Not this year it ain't.

Overly cocky Cheatriots fans. How many SBs have u won without cheating? Please tell me you think Spygate was fake. Please tell me that scumbag owner of yours' best friend, Gooddell, accused the Pastriots just to have fun with the media. And I read the first couple of paragraphs of the article before realizing its a 10 page essay.

See, its not about cheating. Its about cheating and then winning. The Browns were caught with cell phones on the sideline. Wasn't a big deal cuz they sucked either way. Patriots managed to stay under the radar for 11 years. They also happen to win nothing in that decade+. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

Funny how a Patriot fan is arguing about cheating. U must be new to the bandwagon.

You ain't cheating you ain't trying.

Archived