Marcus Mariota will go number two in this draft.

Tony The Wiz

I watched his pro day today and I watched a QB that has gotten better every year. Tennessee depth

chart at QB is a joke. Whitehurst, Palmer, Tanney, and your suppose starter is an injury prone Mettenberger. Enough of these

grades from a pro day unless you bombed like Bridgewater. There is only one way Mariota does not land on Tennessee next year and that is a trade to a team that will give you back a legitimate QB and Chip Kelly does not have one. So if the Titans get a QB in a trade the most likely QB will be Drew Brees. I could see this since the trade of their all pro TE. It will release the money from their Cap and bring them back a young QB for coach Payton and multiple picks. I can see Brees wanting to go here with the coaching staff and a basically warm area and nice area for his family. I can't see Mariota going to last to number 6. With no other QBS who are first round material the Jets may wait until next year or draft Bryce Petty in the third round. I do like him as he is an up and down QB who does show me skill. I mean if he could go 36 for 51 and 550 yards in a bowl game against a good defense like Michigan St. and give the suppose best cornerback in this draft fits than he has potential. So when draft time comes, if Mariota is gone, see if you could develop Bryce and pick him. Whatever they do, don't draft Hundley. He is way to inconsistent and he really is not accurate in his passing ability.

bleacher report said most scouts feel he "underwhelmed" at his pro day.  might slip.

Well bleacher report did not watch like I watched. Bunch of morons. Only incomplete passes which was a few were basically over thrown long passes. There is nothing wrong with that since it was about a yard overthrown. Worst thing is under thrown balls and he had only one which was under center and thrown to the running back coming out of the backfield.

Well bleacher report did not watch like I watched. Bunch of morons. Only incomplete passes which was a few were basically over thrown long passes. There is nothing wrong with that since it was about a yard overthrown. Worst thing is under thrown balls and he had only one which was under center and thrown to the running back coming out of the backfield.

Please forward your scouting report to the Titans

I am saying you folks who think Mariota is a joke or not a QB who will not be great are going to be in for a rude awaking...

Watch and see....

Dude please; no one knows for sure, including you.  The bottom line is he is a system qb and is going to have a steep learning curve.  Even Andrew Luck has struggled at times and I can tell you this, "I know Andrew Luck, Andrew Luck is a friend of mine, and Mariota is NO Andrew Luck!"  Paraphasing from the VP Debate between Lloyd Bengsten and Dan Quayle, lol ;-).  

Seriously, he may make it but he is going to struggle big time unless he in the right system.   

I watched his pro day today and I watched a QB that has gotten better every year. Tennessee depthchart at QB is a joke. Whitehurst, Palmer, Tanney, and your suppose starter is an injury prone Mettenberger. Enough of thesegrades from a pro day unless you bombed like Bridgewater. There is only one way Mariota does not land on Tennessee next year and that is a trade to a team that will give you back a legitimate QB and Chip Kelly does not have one. So if the Titans get a QB in a trade the most likely QB will be Drew Brees. I could see this since the trade of their all pro TE. It will release the money from their Cap and bring them back a young QB for coach Payton and multiple picks. I can see Brees wanting to go here with the coaching staff and a basically warm area and nice area for his family. I can't see Mariota going to last to number 6. With no other QBS who are first round material the Jets may wait until next year or draft Bryce Petty in the third round. I do like him as he is an up and down QB who does show me skill. I mean if he could go 36 for 51 and 550 yards in a bowl game against a good defense like Michigan St. and give the suppose best cornerback in this draft fits than he has potential. So when draft time comes, if Mariota is gone, see if you could develop Bryce and pick him. Whatever they do, don't draft Hundley. He is way to inconsistent and he really is not accurate in his passing ability.

Sounds great! Fowler Jr. or Shane Ray it is

I don't see how Mariotta will be around at # 6.  As far as I'm concerned, the Titans, Raiders, and Redskins picks are all in play and I think some team will be desperate enough to trade up for him.  The Titans and Skins could pick him themselves.

You like Ray more than Fowler, Gregory, Beasley, Dupree? Interesting.

Gregory this year played uninterested. Bust is all over this guy. Like Beasley but he played at 235 lbs. Needs to bulk up a little but I see no problem. He was really good this year. I watched Dupree a few games and he is a good LB but not great. Fowler is the most interesting. He looks like a beas but sometimes he has his not so great motor. He really only had one really good year. Ray has a motor that never stops. Reminds me of a Raven or Steeler type linebacker back a few years ago. He is my third best player in this draft.

I don't disagree with this thread. What I do disagree with is the idea that this guy is going to good in the nfl. His college games he got all his passing yards throwing screens, tag passes or just dumping it off to the Rb in the flats.

The only qbs in the nfl that are actually good are the ones that can throw down the field and make 2,3 sometimes even 4 reads per play. When did Mariota ever show you that in Oregon? Never.

You like Ray more than Fowler, Gregory, Beasley, Dupree? Interesting.

I think it's Fowler then Ray... I see Beasley as a combine freak and a bust like Gholston. But I'm in the minority with that one.

As for the other 2 I'd actually take Ray ahead of Fowler becuase of his connection to Richardson. I think it will help his transition into the NFL, and might actually help us resign Sheldon when he's up, having a very close friend and former teammate here.

Gregory this year played uninterested. Bust is all over this guy. Like Beasley but he played at 235 lbs. Needs to bulk up a little but I see no problem. He was really good this year. I watched Dupree a few games and he is a good LB but not great. Fowler is the most interesting. He looks like a beas but sometimes he has his not so great motor. He really only had one really good year. Ray has a motor that never stops. Reminds me of a Raven or Steeler type linebacker back a few years ago. He is my third best player in this draft.

Part of me feels like Dupree is going to end up being the best of the lot. I feel like he's being massively underrated.

I think it's Fowler then Ray... I see Beasley as a combine freak and a bust like Gholston. But I'm in the minority with that one.

As for the other 2 I'd actually take Ray ahead of Fowler becuase of his connection to Richardson. I think it will help his transition into the NFL, and might actually help us resign Sheldon when he's up, having a very close friend and former teammate here.

I'm playing in the "whoever they pick works for me" camp. Because in one regard, with the way this D is being stacked, Beasley makes a lot of sense as a guy they can just bring in on third and longs and cause havoc a la John Abraham's rookie season.

I LOVE Ray's first step. Problem is he's going to be a situational pass rusher in the nfl. That's still worth the 6 pick and he'd be a smarter pick than Mariota but I'm just saying he is not an every down player.

Agree Rich being on the team can only help.

I LOVE Ray's first step. Problem is he's going to be a situational pass rusher in the nfl. That's still worth the 6 pick and he'd be a smarter pick than Mariota but I'm just saying he is not an every down player.

Agree Rich being on the team can only help.

Fowler is better in coverage. No question.

Dude did you watch Beasley play at all?? Not just highlight films.... The guy is nothing like Gholston and sorry but that is really a very ignorant statement.  He has been more consistently productive then both Fowler and Ray yet you call him a combine freak because he is a superior athlete as well as a very good football player??   The guy as also bulked up to 246; he is the most complete player at his position.  The knock on Beasley is he isn't as stoutly built as Fowler or Dupree but we don't need him to be because he will be playing OLB and has the speed to do so.  The guy has the best CLOSING speed of ANYONE in this draft, which is what you want in a Pass Rusher.   Please watch more film of him before making such a comparison.   Beasley is the best FIT for this team.  We already have SLOW lb in Harris, Pace and Babin;  we need more SPEED at that position. 

Archived