2015 JN Mock Draft V.1 DISCUSSION Thread

T0mShane

Come the actual draft, I can't imagine 6 RBs taken in the first two rounds.  That's what we've got through 2.29 here.

There's no way this actually happens. Same with the QB's. I think people just jump on QB's, RB's and WR's.... they are the highest profile. Not realistic

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a huge Jay Ajayi fan, and if he actually went to the Cowboys (likely in the 3rd round) I think he's a thousand yard rusher his rookie year.

Great pick!

Thanks...i flirted with going defense but decided that for them to have any shot at a title over the next few years, they need to maintain the kind of offensive firepower that they've had recently. Murray's departure makes RB spot a question mark.

While McFadden is talented, he's inconsistent and oft-injured. I feel like they've got a couple years of Romo being semi-elite and they need to keep the offense going at a top level.

Yeah, took Grayson as a developmental guy for the Bucs. He can sit a year behind Glennon, and if Glennon can't get it done they have there 2016 starter in place, if Glennon does well you have a solid back up at a cheap price for a few years.

I would have taken him in the 4th, but the way this draft has been going I had to pull the trigger here.

Took CB Byron Jones from Conneticut for the Pats. They. Need a CB obviously and I was shocked he's still on the board. This was a guy I felt was the best value on the board in the late 2nd

You're quietly having one of the better drafts. 

was zum Teufel hast du in Deutschland?

Genieße das Leben Bruder! lol. 

The wife is originally from here. We decided a few years back that we'll make the move. Its been a great experience so far. I visited about 4 times prior and really loved it here. Still learning the language however, currently in a Deutchkurs preparing for my A1 language exam to complete my immigration. 

So since 3pm yesterday, there's been 2 picks? week sauce people... tells me you draft pundits only know your 1st round thugs.

Meh. One dude lives in Germany and the other was JiF. Understandable delays, but only because JiF is a skidmark.

Jerimiah just moved Cooper back to 4, he also made a comment that Saints cover Coop, whether true or not, will be tough for aints to move up to 4

Their two firsts -- 13 & 31 plus a mid/late round pick would probably do it.  A lot to give up to get a WR when they might be able to stay where they are or give up one of their 3s to move up a couple of spots and grab Parker.

Their two firsts -- 13 & 31 plus a mid/late round pick would probably do it.  A lot to give up to get a WR when they might be able to stay where they are or give up one of their 3s to move up a couple of spots and grab Parker.

parker is not a sure thing to move up for, kevin white is not a sure thing either, he has only done it for 1 yr

Any thoughts on how to proceed with DCat's pick here? 4 hour mark is approaching.

I would probably go secondary for Tennessee since they have already addressed QB and OT on their first two picks.

Jacksonville -- maybe interior of the O Line.  They added a tackle in FA, but G and C are still areas in need of upgrade with some good options in Round 3 still on the board.

parker is not a sure thing to move up for, kevin white is not a sure thing either, he has only done it for 1 yr

If they want a WR and lets say 2 of the top 3 are off the board in the top 10, they may want to move up a couple of spots to grab their guy.  With two #1s they have the ammo to get Cooper, but is he that much better than the other guys that you give up the 31st to pick him. Not in my opinion -- for whatever that is worth.

I'm a fan of Alex Carter at the cb. Good size and great playing with the ball in front of him. Could see him transitioning to safety if his man coverage skills don't materialize. Since both positions are a need, I really love his versatility.

Honestly, thought about taking him in the second, but glad he fell.

Hey guys,

I thought I read somewhere that the clock was off for the weekend.  If I misread, then I apologize.  I have a very sick in-law and today was dedicated to that trip until now.

Thanks for the picks guys.  

You were correct that I was going defense with Tennessee.  I probably would have picked a DT/NT type since they are thin on the line Otherwise I would have went CB because J. McCourty on the final year of his deal and they may need someone new to groom.  They signed Perrish Cox to a big deal in FA.  Unfortunately, Harold isn't an ideal pick for Tennessee because they handled both ROLB and LOLB in free agency with the Orakpo signing (4 yrs, $31 million with $13.5 million guaranteed) and the Derrick Morgan signing (4 yrs, $27 million with 10.5 million guaranteed).  No way would I have picked Harold.  There's no place for him unless you move him or someone else inside.  I'd just about draft any other position for Tennessee.  Can I swap him out?   :)

Much better with Jacksonville where I was definitely going to draft an OT that they desperately need, since Luke Joeckle struggled terribly at LT last year after moving from RT.  A new LT would allow them to move Luke back to RT.  Happy with Jake Fisher, but my choice would have been Donovan Smith from Penn St instead.  Can I swap him out too?   :)

Oh well.  I misunderstood the weekend thing obviously.  Carry on.

EDIT:  Here's an idea...  Hey... if anyone wants Eli Harold with an upcoming pick, you can take him from me and I'll use your pick to replace him for Tennessee.  

You're quietly having one of the better drafts. 

Genieße das Leben Bruder! lol. 

The wife is originally from here. We decided a few years back that we'll make the move. Its been a great experience so far. I visited about 4 times prior and really loved it here. Still learning the language however, currently in a Deutchkurs preparing for my A1 language exam to complete my immigration. 

Thanks, you're the only one that hasn't murdered me on every pick. Appreciated!!! and you too  

w/corrections made 5:14 pm EST

Players Taken: through pick 72 in Round 3

QB: Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty, Garrett Grasyon, Sean Mannion

RB: Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Duke Johnson, Ameer Abdullah, Jay Ajayi, Tevin Coleman, TJ Yeldon

WR: Kevin White, Amari Cooper, LeVante Parker, Jaelen Strong, Dorial Green-Beckham, Phillip Dorsett, Breshad Perriman, Devin Smith, Justin Hardy, Sammie Coats, Tyler Lockett
TE: Jesse James, Maxx Williams, Clive Walford

OL: Brandon Scherff, La'el Collins, Cam Erving, Andrus Peat, Ereck Flowers, DJ Humphries, TJ Clemmings, Laken Tomlinson, AJ Cann, Daryl Williams, Donovan Smith, Cedric Ogbuehi, Tre'Jackson
DL: Leonard Williams, Shane Ray, Danny Shelton, Malcolm Brown, Arik Armstead, Eddie Goldman, Owamagbe Odighizuwa, Jordan Phillips, Carl Davis
LB: Randy Gregory, Vic Beasley, Dante Fowler Jr., Bud Dupree, Shaq Thompson, Eric Kendricks, Benardrick McKinney, Denzel Perryman, Stephane Anthony, Paul Dawson, Nate Orchard

DB: Tray Waynes, Jalen Collins, Landon Collins, Marcus Peters, PJ Williams, Kevin Johnson, Gerod Holliman, Kevin White, Quinten Rollins, Byron Jones, Alex Carter, Cody Prewitt

So... who wants to take over the Colts for me this week? I just got informed I have to travel Tuesday for a pitch, and was already scheduled to travel later this week as well. I won't be able to keep with this, my apologies.

So... who wants to take over the Colts for me this week? I just got informed I have to travel Tuesday for a pitch, and was already scheduled to travel later this week as well. I won't be able to keep with this, my apologies.

How about Larz he seems to like to post in the threads.

JayKwaz was thirsting for a second team. I'll give him first dibs.

Archived