Which Round Will the Jets Draft a QB?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. The Jets will draft a QB in:

• Round 1
    • Rounds 2-3
    • Rounds 4-5
    • Rounds 6-7
    • The Jets will not draft a QB

With the recent comments by Bowles/Maccagnan regarding adding another QB to the mix, it seems almost inevitable that the Jets will add a QB in this year's draft. Maccagnan also mentioned the possibility of trading up from the #6 spot, as well as trading down. The Jets could also bypass QB in the first few rounds, and wait til a mid or later round... What do you think?

I feel like Savage (4th) Murray (5) and Mettenberger (6th) in 2014 were all better prospects than Petty.

It's one thing I hate about college football these days. Everyone runs a spread and has a 'big arm'. Really hard to tell who's going to be good and who isn't.

I have a gut feeling that the Jets are trading up to #2 to get Mariotta.  If that doesn't happen, I think they'll grab a QB in the 2nd round.

If the Jets trade up for Mariota they are tying a noose around their neck and Mariota BETTER be that franchise qb or they will go way of Tanny and Rex.  It is one thing to take him at 6, it is another to mortgage the future.... 

It's one thing I hate about college football these days. Everyone runs a spread and has a 'big arm'. Really hard to tell who's going to be good and who isn't.

Agreed. But slowly it has become a bigger piece of the NFL. You see more and more of it. Granted I don't think it will ever go as full blown as in college but I think it's here to stay, especially given the new rules in place. I think as the Brady and Manning eras come to an end, pro style will take an even bigger hit. Maybe I'm wrong I dunno, just seems that's where their heading though. I feel like you even see Luck running the read option from time to time now. 

If the Jets trade up for Mariota they are tying a noose around their neck and Mariota BETTER be that franchise qb or they will go way of Tanny and Rex.  It is one thing to take him at 6, it is another to mortgage the future.... 

I agree...but if the Jets hierarchy have decided that Geno Smith is NOT their future QB, I think they'd almost have to get aggressive and try to trade up to get Mariotta as opposed to leaving it up to fate and hoping he's still available at #6.  There are too many teams, that need a QB that might be willing to make a move.  If the Jets think Mariotta can be a franchise QB,  they will likely do whatever it takes to get him. 

Archived