Concerned about Dupree

mrsaucy21

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes... Maybin and Gholsten were exactly the same. reduce risk.... a 1st round player that doesn't contribute sets us back. Milner, Pryor etc.

I am tired of potential. I wouldn't draft him in the 1st 20 picks. Risk if he being manhandled in the NFL IMO is good.

Agreed. Draft the high college production guys - like Jarvis Jones, Trent Richardson, etc. - and there's no bust potential at all.

Good research call it was a tough schedule:

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/kty-m-footbl-sched.html

but Kentucky got hammered, giving up over 40 points in 5 of the last 6 games, taking Florida to OT and beating SC are the only big "wins"

At the end of that day it's a gamble, very few (if any) safe bets in this draft

If judging qbs by team wins is inane, what is judging an olb by team performance?

Agreed. Draft the high college production guys - like Jarvis Jones, Trent Richardson, etc. - and there's no bust potential at all.

Total risk prevention is impossible... risk management is a process.  I get your point but 

I am tired of hearing about players who "after being NFL coached" will be great.

Total risk prevention is impossible... risk management is a process. I get your point but

I am tired of hearing about players who "after being NFL coached" will be great.

Yeah, i get that. But the bottom line is all draft decisions are about potential and projection. Skills and tools are more important than production, and there are no guarantees

Yeah, i get that. But the bottom line is all draft decisions are about potential and projection. Skills and tools are more important than production, and there are no guarantees

Absolutely ..  but I have strong feelings about people and potential.  In business, as in life, I see people with great skill less motivation and visa versa.

I would always, based on experience, take someone with motivation.  The world is run by average people with well above average ambition. So when I hear about certain issues that are more behavioral, I proceed with caution.

If judging qbs by team wins is inane, what is judging an olb by team performance?

Just another piece of information for insane draft analysis, I think Dupree and Beasley have had the most consistent performance (stats) of them all but I was responding to a comment on strength of schedule, where team performance is important, just did not think strength of schedule mattered if that team loses most/all of the difficult games...  

So Dupree suffers from.... lack of ambition?

No. Did you ever see Twins? Remember that scene where the doctor is telling Arnold that he got all the genes and Danny DeVito is the crap leftover? That's what Dupree is to Gholston. All they're missing is the tan suits and Dupree singing "Tonight is your night bro" to Gholston.

Just another piece of information for insane draft analysis, I think Dupree and Beasley have had the most consistent performance (stats) of them all but I was responding to a comment on strength of schedule, where team performance is important, just did not think strength of schedule mattered if that team loses most/all of the difficult games...

No. Strength of schedule matters only in the quality of opposition the player was matching up against. If he was making plays against high quality OLs but his team was getting blown out because they couldn't cover, how does that matter?

Absolutely .. but I have strong feelings about people and potential. In business, as in life, I see people with great skill less motivation and visa versa.

I would always, based on experience, take someone with motivation. The world is run by average people with well above average ambition. So when I hear about certain issues that are more behavioral, I proceed with caution.

Sure. But that's different from "potential" and i haven't heard anyone question Dupree's "want to"

Sure. But that's different from "potential" and i haven't heard anyone question Dupree's "want to"

OK..Im not that close to it but (not Dupree per se) I simply feel tired from developmental picks and picks who have raw talent  that dont pan out (like Vlad and Hill and Maybin as well).

I simply havent seen a mock with Dupree above 15 so that tells an amateur something I suppose.

Lets enjoy tomorrow...I simply hope the JETS dont trade back too far as I wanna be home early. :winking0001:

OK..Im not that close to it but (not Dupree per se) I simply feel tired from developmental picks and picks who have raw talent  that dont pan out (like Vlad and Hill and Maybin as well).

I simply havent seen a mock with Dupree above 15 so that tells an amateur something I suppose.

Lets enjoy tomorrow...I simply hope the JETS dont trade back too far as I wanna be home early. :winking0001:

Wait until tonight when the final ones come out and he'll be a top 10 pick in 90% of them, which equates to the entire draftnik community being a couple months behind the real scouts.

Wait until tonight when the final ones come out and he'll be a top 10 pick in 90% of them, which equates to the entire draftnik community being a couple months behind the real scouts.

This. We could do a lot worse than picking Dupree. I'd be happy with Dupree, Cooper/White, Fowler at 6.

No. Strength of schedule matters only in the quality of opposition the player was matching up against. If he was making plays against high quality OLs but his team was getting blown out because they couldn't cover, how does that matter?

I get your point, just not sure how I know that he was making plays against high quality OL's without watching the game tapes, overall stats do not tell the story 

I watched Gholston at Ohio State and he dominated some games but disappeared in others...

Pre-combine Walter Football had him 8th to the Falcons and that is with Ray and Gregory both going ahead of him.  For the record, that is ahead of Beasley.  I would imagine the combine could only help him, don't you think?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015archive_0127.php

Pre-combine Walter Football had him 8th to the Falcons and that is with Ray and Gregory both going ahead of him.  For the record, that is ahead of Beasley.  I would imagine the combine could only help him, don't you think?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015archive_0127.php

I dont pretend to know..I am as big a JETS fan as we have, but I am a fan. Thats it.  I wouldn't mind trading back and getting 2 1st rounders at say 14  and 25 for example.  Would love a great O Line man  and a solid LBacker.

You must not have been looking at mocks in the last few weeks. I have not seen any mock that has him any LOWER than 15 and several with him in the top 10. 

I think Dupree will be a decent and serviceable LB but I don't see him ever being elite, the one thing I think he lacks might be the most important thing we need in a LB right now and that is a motor (not saying he doesn't play fast) if you watch the tape on him he just seems to be lacking that burst that all the other top end LBs in the draft have.

Archived