Interesting MiniCamp Tweets (Day 2)

KRL

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Texans think they made a mistake, absolutely.

I hate Belicheat. However, one of the very few things I respect about him is that the only thing that matters to him is production. He cuts bait with 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks the very minute he realizes they were a mistake. Sometimes in their 2nd season, sometimes even in rookie camp.

He does not carry them for years waiting for them to show signs of life... ala Vernon Gholston, Ducasse, Kyle Wilson, or Joe McKnight.

Belicheat has done this for years...

You're nuts bro....relax the rookie wage scale makes bringing along rookies much more palatable than before...you don't start trading players before their 3rd year, especially if they have even the remotest of chances to eventually become a starter (which a number 2 CB is).

Don't forget that more than likely Cro is off the team next year, we are going to have a whole that needs to be filled. 

Trading a 9th overall pick in the 1st round for a 4th or 5th round pick is as good as cutting him. There was ZERO logical reason to even think about that considering his salary, present value and what he could become. Most of it was simply, as I said because A) people were mad at him getting hurt and by far moreso because he was an Idzik pick.

Maybe, there was also that small little thing about playing like pure sh*t when he was on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rex, of all people, benched Milliner on 2 occasions. I'm not ready to give up just yet. He really only has one season of play under his belt. Hes played 16 of 32 possible games.

But the 'he played exceptional' narrative? Yeah, that didn't happen ever.

All I gotta say is, I can't wait for the new Madden to come out.  It is literally unplayable with the Jets, with crap secondary they have.  And Ryan Fitzpatrick should be light years better than Geno, who is the worst QB in the game.

If you are playing Madden 15, go download one of the online rosters that have all the FA moves and then play a season as the Jets.  The Jets are nasty, Wilk had a 26 sack season for me.  Had like 3-4 seconds almost every play to get to the qb lmao.

If you are playing Madden 15, go download one of the online rosters that have all the FA moves and then play a season as the Jets. The Jets are nasty, Wilk had a 26 sack season for me. Had like 3-4 seconds almost every play to get to the qb lmao.

I upgraded Geno to a 99 overall by his 4th season.

- Calvin Pace's been a great pro. In good shape physically, always in shape, very valuable, does a lot of things well, understands the game. More appreciated in the locker room than in public. Smart guy, happy with him.

And you never hear about this guy taking any performance drugs. #Dedication. 

There is absolutely no point in trading away Milliner for a 4th or 5th round pick.  Milliner was considered a top 15 pick, and the top CB in his class for a reason, and that's because he had very good athletic ability.  Recouping a 5th round pick is trying to get the same upside with injury prone guys.  Guys who weren't even as good as Milliner such as Aaron Colvin last year went in the 4th.  And he doesn't offer Milliner's upside and had injury problems.  So if there is a guy with a decent upside, that doesn't have injury problems, he's going close to the first round.  Prime example, Marcus Peters.  He got toasted every now and then, fought with his coaches and got kicked out by a coach that had Titus Young play for him for four seasons.  And he's still possibly going in the first round.  

Milliner still offers three years of relatively cheap contract, and plenty of potential.  The guy got hurt, but he also did play well in the final quarter of his rookie season (Rookie of the month, and player of the week to end it as well I believe), and was then hurt all of last year, trying to rush back from a camp injury.  It's also widely noted that CBs take about a year to adjust to the league.  So we never got to really see how good he was going to be last year.   Has he been a disappointment with the injuries?  Absolutely.  But that doesn't preclude him from being able to overcome his injuries and moving forward with his talent.  

With the talent that is on the team right now, he's exactly the type of guy we also need.  We don't need place holders, we need guys that can possibly develop into studs down the line so we can move on from Cro, and adjust when Revis starts his decline.  Milliner offers that top tier CB ceiling, because right now we can bring him along slowly and let him recover from his injuries, something we didn't have the luxury of doing last year, trotting out the likes of Walls/Wilson out there on a daily basis.  

Could he bust?  Absolutely.  But so can a top 10 pick in this year's draft.  Percentage wise, it's a better bet to hope Milliner can get healthy and play to his talents, than to hope we're going to find the next Sherman in Round 4 of any draft.  

Though I agree with you overall, I hate when people state "someone is considered a 1st round/top 15/top CB for a reason". People get evaluations wrong. There are enough 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th round superstars to prove that, furthermore, there are a sh*t LOAD of 1st round busts to show that sometimes that reason doesnt hold weight. 

I think we should keep Milliner but it has nothing to do with his draft position or what he was projected to be, it has to do with the fact that Bowles uses his secondary as a primary in his defense and we need depth, and Milliner is definitely depth with upside. 

Saying that someone is "top 15 or best CB in their class for a reason" isnt really giving a legit reason, especially when the player is years removed from that projection. 

The reason for the outcry is our void of real receivers for however long it's been between them. I grew up with Wesley Walker and Toon and the on;y real guys we had since them I can count on one hand in Keyshawn, Chrebet, Coles, Moss (not so much with the Jets) and Braylon. Maybe if we had some more to count against it would be more of a true guage.

That being said Braylon on the field for that year and a half for us he was a true number one.

Absurd. Braylon doesn't belong on that list. Agree to disagree, your own admission of him having issues that prohibited him from reaching his potential is all anyone needs to know about him as a so-called #1 WR

The fact that he had issues that limited his ceiling, is WHY he can't be considered a 'true #1' .

Which my be the most absurd outcry, of a great many, from our fan base.

I loved Braylon, he had great ability, made spectacular catches, was really no problem when he was here and when he was let go was proof positive for me that Tanny had no plan and was clueless (think Derek Mason and Plex here).

But Jets fans have to face facts here Edwards was good, very good,  but he was not Megatron, Fitzgerald and so on.  He just wasn't.  He never was even Coles IM0.

The plain fact is that Jets fans for years over rate the ability of their players and then get mad when said players can not perform up to their self-induced fantasy levels.

It is who we be..

I loved Braylon, he had great ability, made spectacular catches, was really no problem when he was here and when he was let go was proof positive for me that Tanny had no plan and was clueless (think Derek Mason and Plex here).

But Jets fans have to face facts here Edwards was good, very good,  but he was not Megatron, Fitzgerald and so on.  He just wasn't.  He never was even Coles IM0.

The plain fact is that Jets fans for years over rate the ability of their players and then get mad when said players can not perform up to their self-induced fantasy levels.

It is who we be..

These are Braylon's stats from his almost 2 years with us. These are stats that a true #1 WR puts up in one season. Not 28 games.

28 games

88 receptions

174 targets

1,445 yards

11 TDs

Here is a side-by-side comparison between Eric Decker who was slammed as "NOT a TRUE #1" by many of the same people that insist Braylon is a true #1.

Eric Decker

15 games

74 rec

115 targets

962 yards

5 TDs

Braylon's best year with us

16 games

53 rec

102 targets

904 yards

7 TDs

Either Decker IS a true #1, or Braylon isn't.... or this sub-set of our fans have no ******* idea what they are clamoring for.

And you never hear about this guy taking any performance drugs. #Dedication. 

It's always the young guys who get popped for PED's. It's weird because the older guys are the ones that really need them to keep up with the younger guys.

You guys are being sarcastic, right?  Pace missed the first 4 games in 2009 for PEDs and we started <GASP!> Vernon Gholston.  We started off 3-0 before Sanchez imploded against the Saints.

These are Braylon's stats from his almost 2 years with us. These are stats that a true #1 WR puts up in one season. Not 28 games.

28 games

88 receptions

174 targets

1,445 yards

11 TDs

Here is a side-by-side comparison between Eric Decker who was slammed as "NOT a TRUE #1" by many of the same people that insist Braylon is a true #1.

Eric Decker

15 games

74 rec

115 targets

962 yards

5 TDs

16 games

53 rec

102 targets

904 yards

7 TDs

Either Decker IS a true #1, or Braylon isn't.... or this sub-set of our fans have no ******* idea what they are clamoring for.

Why did this turn into a braylon thread..?

Downfield blocking, ****ers!  That is what set him apart!

Maybe, there was also that small little thing about playing like pure sh*t when he was on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seemingly you simply were not watching the games his rookie year.  Rookie CB, whom the coach tosses to the wolves with his man on man everyhting and he struggles, low and behold the last 1/3 of the season he plays excellently, one of the better CB's in the league.  Then he gets hurt this past year.

You guys are being sarcastic, right?  Pace missed the first 4 games in 2009 for PEDs and we started <GASP!> Vernon Gholston.  We started off 3-0 before Sanchez imploded against the Saints.

I didn't know about that. That said, it was 6-7 years ago. Kind of proves my point again.

You guys are being sarcastic, right? Pace missed the first 4 games in 2009 for PEDs and we started <GASP!> Vernon Gholston. We started off 3-0 before Sanchez imploded against the Saints.

Downfield blocking, ****ers! That is what set him apart!

Lol. Braylon was overrated in my opinion. He even bad mouthed us and fans still loved him. Eric Deckers one year with us was statistically better.

Absurd. Braylon doesn't belong on that list. Agree to disagree, your own admission of him having issues that prohibited him from reaching his potential is all anyone needs to know about him as a so-called #1 WR

I never agree to disagree when I'm the correct party.  :D  

Someone having off the field issues which derailed him after the year and 1/2 I mentioned does not negate his status as a number 1 while he was playing. It stopped him from being a HOFer or something like that and also shortened his promising career but that's about it.   

Anyway… I am as disinterested in extending this old and tired topic as I'm sure you are.  Just admit I'm right in professing my undying love for all things Braylon and we can move on to tonights festivities. 

I never agree to disagree when I'm the correct party.   :biggrin:

Someone having off the field issues which derailed him after the year and 1/2 I mentioned does not negate his status as a number 1 while he was playing. It stopped him from being a HOFer or something like that and also shortened his promising career but that's about it.   

Anyway… I am as disinterested in extending this old and tired topic as I'm sure you are.  Just admit I'm right in professing my undying love for all things Braylon and we can move on to tonights festivities. 

I agree: 

The myth of Braylon is the only one more laughable than the myth of Rex

Tell us moar about how you see JN from a 10k ft view and the rest of us are peons in your mighty show.

I never said Braylon was a superstar on par with Megatron, Fitz or Marshall. I said that for us, he was every bit a #1. He commanded opposing #1 CBs plus double teams/safety help over the top, he opened up the #1 run game in the league and the seam for a 2nd year TE, afforded a rookie QB the ability to make easy single coverage reads on the other side of the field, and came up huge in huge moments. 

For that brief 1.75 year period for our team as constituted, he was every bit a #1 WR for us. 

I never agree to disagree when I'm the correct party.   :biggrin:

HOFer?  The guy had one very good season.  That is it.  He literally never lead the league in any statistical category and was only top 10 once - never in receptions. Other than 2007 he has never sniffed being anything more than a good WR.   I am okay with calling him a #1, but I don't even think he was the best WR on the team for most of his time here.

Tell us moar about how you see JN from a 10k ft view and the rest of us are peons in your mighty show.

I never said Braylon was a superstar on par with Megatron, Fitz or Marshall. I said that for us, he was every bit a #1. He commanded opposing #1 CBs plus double teams/safety help over the top, he opened up the #1 run game in the league and the seam for a 2nd year TE, afforded a rookie QB the ability to make easy single coverage reads on the other side of the field, and came up huge in huge moments. 

For that brief 1.75 year period for our team as constituted, he was every bit a #1 WR. 

Removing opinions and ego-driven arguments, statistics still prove he was no better than Decker. Were you one of those that argued Decker was "not a true #1" WR? If so, then you are wrong. If you supported Decker as a #1, then this is all moot.

Frankie says, "Relax".

28 games

88 receptions

174 targets

1,445 yards

11 TDs

Eric Decker

15 games

74 rec

115 targets

962 yards

5 TDs

16 games

53 rec

102 targets

904 yards

7 TDs

A little qualitative analysis to go with your strictly quantitative analysis may open things up for you. If you're so inclined.

But like, numbers bro.

28 games

88 receptions

174 targets

1,445 yards

11 TDs

Eric Decker

15 games

74 rec

115 targets

962 yards

5 TDs

16 games

53 rec

102 targets

904 yards

7 TDs

This can not be considered a true comparison when including the type of team Braylon played on. We led the league in both rushing attempts and yards the first year as well as remained high in both categories the second. Our team was notoriously GROUND AND POUND. Add to that he was traded here during the season and had a learning curve to over come. Stat guys always make me laugh.  I routinely argue with a guy who brings up Tony Romo's stats vs the other top QB's in the league yet the guy can't win a playoff game. Via the stats Romo is one of the greatest QB's of all time.

Stats are easily representative of the point you are trying to make while excluding major factors that can't be measured. 

Your stat states that Braylon had 53 receptions and 102 targets. I'd love to see the number of drops he had and if it was 49 drops. If not then it just might lend itself to meaning that 40 plus potential receptions were bad passes. Hmmmmmm imagine that. 

Removing opinions and ego-driven arguments, statistics still prove he was no better than Decker. Were you one of those that argued Decker was "not a true #1" WR? If so, then you are wrong. If you supported Decker as a #1, then this is all moot.

Frankie says, "Relax".

I actually did argue that Decker was a #1. Because not all #1s are alike. Context is a crazy idea.

HOFer?  The guy had one very good season.  That is it.  He literally never lead the league in any statistical category and was only top 10 once - never in receptions. Other than 2007 he has never sniffed being anything more than a good WR.   I am okay with calling him a #1, but I don't even think he was the best WR on the team for most of his time here.

I only threw out the HOF thing as an example. Not that I think he would have been one etc.  I was making a point about his off the field issues tempering any potential for greatness in his future and that it does not take away from what he was while on the field as a Jet.  

Him being a number one WR is the only point I am really trying to make. 

Hmm, I didnt know that. Was that really on top of your head like that or did you google that then play the sarcastic card? lol. 

I only threw out the HOF thing as an example. Not that I think he would have been one etc.  I was making a point about his off the field issues tempering any potential for greatness in his future and that it does not take away from what he was while on the field as a Jet.  

Him being a number one WR is the only point I am really trying to make. 

Boils down to your definition.  Was Coles a #1? Coles had two "big" years to Braylon's one.  Was Cotchery?  Cotchery isn't far off.  Physically Edwards was more imposing and probably demanded more coverage, so in that respect sure.  A guy like Chrebet might have similar numbers, but he still is just a flashlight.

Archived