Josina Anderson has spoken

Morrissey

I'd be happier with an edge rusher at six and DGB at 37.  

if it was the right edge, sure. I would be happy if Dante Fowler fell. No problem. 

beasley might not be big enough for this defense. Dupree is Gholston part II from Drob's alma mater. 

DGB is a complete liability. How screwed up do you have to be to get kicked out of Missouri and Oklahoma? Neither is exactly MIT. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great point.

Gut-feeling then, I guess. When did people start saying White was #2 WR in nation? Were they talking about him before year started, mid year? end of year? I feel like when a guy emerges late as a top prospect, I get nervous and become a non believer.

When he made that insane catch for a TD against Baylor talk started heating up. I like Cooper more but I won't be mad if we go White.

if it was the right edge, sure. I would be happy if Dante Fowler fell. No problem. 

beasley might not be big enough for this defense. Dupree is Gholston part II from Drob's alma mater. 

DGB is a complete liability. How screwed up do you have to be to get kicked out of Missouri and Oklahoma? Neither is exactly MIT. 

Time will tell with DGB and it's that potential that is stopping him from going in rd 1. Round 2 makes it more appealing.

The Raiders aren't going wr with there first pick. If not Leonard Williams, it will be Dante Fowler.

Why?  Because Crabtree, Streater and James Jones are so good?  LOL.  Yuck.  Might as well start Andre Holmes and Dumbell Thomkins.

I hope you're right so we may get our choice of Cooper OR White. 

I think part of that is the work he puts in and where he came from. He doesn't seem like some dude that is going to get a payday and check out, he wants to be in The Hall and seemingly will do what it takes to get there.  Think his approach is vastly different to some others who are just entitled. 

The dude plays hard, even when he is seemingly out of the play.  He blocks his ass off.  Cooper does not give that impression away from the ball, although I am not sold on White over Cooper.

If it goes down like that, I better damned well be wearing my boner pants.  Could be the best 1st two rounds we've had since Darelle Revis/David Harris.  But this time without trading away a boatload of picks as we did with them. 

Our 1st, 2nd round picks thru the years since 1990 (brace yourself)

(excluding drafts with  no 1st rounder or no 2nd rounder).

2014: Pryor, Amaro

2013: (two 1sts) Milliner/Richardson, Geno Smith

2012: Coples, Hill

2010: Wilson, Ducasse (It doesn't get any worse than this)

2008: Gholston/Keller (traded up from 2nd to get him)

2007: Revis, Harris (WINNER)

2006: (two 1sts) Brick/Mangold, Clemens

2003: Robertson, Hobson (oy)

2002: Bryan Thomas, Jon McGraw

2001: Sidelines Moss, Lamont Jordan

1997: James Farrior, Rick Terry

1996: Keyshawn, Alex Van Dyke

1995: (two 1sts) Kyle Brady/Hugh Douglas, Matt O'Dwyer

1994: Aaron Glenn, Ryan Yarborough

1993: Marvin Jones, Coleman Rudolph

1992: Johnny Mitchell, Kurt Barber

1990: Blair Thomas, Reggie Rembert (puke)

Skipped some years.  Didn't we get Abraham, Ellis and and Pennington one year?  Did we not have a second that year?

Skipped some years.  Didn't we get Abraham, Ellis and and Pennington one year?

Tose were all 1sts.  Then we drafted Coles in the 3rd.  One of the best Jets drafts ever, but not qualified for my list above. 

I skipped any years where we didn't have a first or didn't have a second.  The purpose of the list was to compare the Jets' 1st rd AND 2d round picks through the years.  I included 2008 even though they were both 1st rounders because we traded up with our 2nd to get Keller.  

Tose were all 1sts.  Then we drafted Coles in the 3rd.  One of the best Jets drafts ever, but not qualified for my list above. 

I skipped any years where we didn't have a first or didn't have a second.  The purpose of the list was to compare the Jets' 1st rd AND 2d round picks through the years.  I included 2008 even though they were both 1st rounders because we traded up with our 2nd to get Keller.  

Sorry, you said that and I missed it.  And then I edited my post before I saw yours.

Dcat, although there were some good years mixed in, it makes you realize that maybe it's not such a bad thing to have someone else at the controls.  Also, historically, in general we seem to do better in the third and the fourth than in the second.  Let's hope that we reverse that trend starting now.

Why does everybody act like White and Dupree just came on the radar?  It's not like these guys appeared in the parking lot and shot up from their times.  They had combine invites. They were on many people's 1st round mocks from the end of the season.  I've seen both in the top half of the first pre-combine.  Just because they weren't on the Heisman watch list doesn't mean they came from nowhere.

When he made that insane catch for a TD against Baylor talk started heating up. I like Cooper more but I won't be mad if we go White.

Actually it started after the first game when he bitch slapped the Alabama secondary. Everyone tuned in to see Amari Cooper and ended up saying,  Who the **** is # 11 on West Virginia?  That guy is a beast!"  ;-)

The dude plays hard, even when he is seemingly out of the play.  He blocks his ass off.  Cooper does not give that impression away from the ball, although I am not sold on White over Cooper.

THIS. I like Cooper as well but with both Marshall and White blocking, our running game should improve on that alone.  That is a much underrated part of a receivers game.  

• 3 months later...

Why does everybody act like White and Dupree just came on the radar?  It's not like these guys appeared in the parking lot and shot up from their times.  They had combine invites. They were on many people's 1st round mocks from the end of the season.  I've seen both in the top half of the first pre-combine.  Just because they weren't on the Heisman watch list doesn't mean they came from nowhere.

Quoting myself and bumping this because I saw this article and wanted to post it to refer to later.

Dupree was supposedly a "workout warrior" but this dude had him at 17 during week 10 of the NFL season.  Oakman was at 16 and stayed in school.  Scherff was at 11

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2258170-2015-nfl-draft-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-for-week-10

Archived