2014 final roster vs. 2015 current roster (position by position)

Jetsfan80

Yup and that's what we're doing

Nope.  You're setting rules and parameters on what can be discussed.  If you'd like to advance the topic, you'd have maybe pointed out which free agent/trade acquisitions are going to have an impact, since clearly that's all you're prepared to factor into the equation at this time.  Instead all we got was "Nope, can't talk about the rookies!", followed by a pointless Gholston reference.

Nope. You're setting rules and parameters on what can be discussed. If you'd like to advance the topic, you'd have maybe pointed out which free agent/trade acquisitions are going to have an impact, since clearly that's all you're prepared to factor into the equation at this time. Instead all we got was "Nope, can't talk about the rookies!", followed by a pointless Gholston reference.

Unless you have a crystal ball you have no idea how the rookies are going to help.

Williams could be Gholston or Long, Smith could be Smith or Smith no one knows so using rookies when figuring out how good the time will be is pointless.

Unless you have a crystal ball you have no idea how the rookies are going to help.

Williams could be Gholston or Long, Smith could be Smith or Smith no one knows so using rookies when figuring out how good the time will be is pointless.

I concur.  OP, could you please delete this thread?  It's way too speculative.  I think it would be a lot more productive if our collective brain power was focused on the non-speculative, fact-based threads currently littering the TOC, like "Look at the grade we got on this draft!" and "How are we letting La'el Collins sign with Miami???".

I concur. OP, could you please delete this thread? It's way too speculative. I think it would be a lot more productive if our collective brain power was focused on the non-speculative, fact-based threads currently littering the TOC, like "Look at the grade we got on this draft!" and "How are we letting La'el Collins sign with Miami???".

At least someone gets it.

CB

2014:  Dee Milliner, Kyle Wilson, Dexter McDougle, Darrin Walls, Marcus Williams, Phillip Adams

2015:  Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie, Buster Srkine, Milliner, McDougle, Williams, Walls, Curtis Brown

EDGE:  2015

McDougle didn't play in 2014, and Miliner played what, 2 games?

So I think it should be:

CB 2014: Darrin Walls, Phillip Adams, Kyle Wilson, Marcus Williams, Quinton Coples, A Block of Cheese (only in dime packages)

in which case "edge 2015" doesn't seem to be the adjective you're looking for...

McDougle didn't play in 2014, and Miliner played what, 2 games?

So I think it should be:

CB 2014: Darrin Walls, Phillip Adams, Kyle Wilson, Marcus Williams, Quinton Coples, A Block of Cheese (only in dime packages)

in which case "edge 2015" doesn't seem to be the adjective you're looking for...

I wasn't really ordering the 2014 guys based on what the depth chart ended up being but rather by their value.  Milliner and McDougle WOULD have been our 2 starting corners on the outside, with Wilson in the nickle, had they stayed healthy.  

But yeah, in 2014 the CB position was a f*cking disaster in so many ways.

I don't understand the bolded. Powell can do exactly what Vereen did and catch that 2 yd pass and turn it into something much bigger. Difference is Vereen played with a future HOF QB and Powell played with.... well you know this story. I think Powell is going to surprise ppl when Gailey uses him the right way.

I would have liked Vereen too but I'm not upset BECAUSE I have a player like Powell. He is the most consistent player we have had on offense that isn't named Mangold or Ferguson.

Powell is a jag

The more he plays the more he'll be exposed for what he is

It's not hard to improve on a flaming pile of sh*t.  But just for fun, let's see how the roster flip is looking, position by position, now that the draft is complete:

QB

2014:  Geno Smith, Michael Vick, Matt Simms

2015:  Ryan Fitzpatrick, Smith, Bryce Petty, Simms

CB

2014:  Dee Milliner, Kyle Wilson, Dexter McDougle, Darrin Walls, Marcus Williams, Phillip Adams

2015:  Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie, Buster Srkine, Milliner, McDougle, Williams, Walls, Curtis Brown

Really good post.  I think QB and CB make the point most strongly.  A middle of the road Fitz is a massive upgrade over the "worst in the league" play we got out of Geno last year.  If Fitz can be average, it would be a huge upgrade at the most important position.  Likewise at CB...massive upgrade at a very important position.

Last year was truly a dumpster fire, but I'm hoping if things break right this team may be able to compete.

Possibly.  I still have high hopes for Dexter McDougle.  And Amaro appears to be a player.  Pryor...we'll see.  But yeah, Idzik f*cked us big-time in the late rounds.

Amaro is good and hope he does well this year. I think he will. Not sure about Dexter. Pryor should be better this year.

That draft gonna set us back a year I think.

In retrospect, the 2014 draft was the worst EVER in Jet history.  How anyone can miss on 12 picks is mind boggling.  A carnival monkey could have had more success. Pryor has bust etched on his forehead.  Amaro is really nothing more than a serviceable TE. Nowhere near worth a 2nd round pick. Not at all impressed with him. And on and on.   

These are the picks I was hoping for :first few rounds could have looked like this:   1) Dennard or Bridgewater,  2) Garraplolo or D. Adams, 3) G Jackson, 2 #4's - traded them to move for another  #3) D. Moncrief 4) M. Bryant, 5) take a 6th and the 5th to move up in rd 5 and take Yankey. The remaining picks are a crapshoot.   

Its frightening to think what Idziot would have done this year if he was retained.  Just think what this team would look like with all that money Idziot had to spend on free agents of his choice and his picks in the 2015 draft.  Just terrifying.   

Archived