Why Russell Wilson and Seahawks are at impasse over new contract ~ ~ ~

kelly

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to get back into it, but the route was open, the ball was out in front, and the receiver shied away from contact on the play.

Everyone knows Goddell called that play, and it wasn't for the Pats to win, it was to make sure Lynch was not named the MVP, if the pass is complete they give Wilson the MVP, and evreyone in the media, and the NFL world is happy.  

I'm not one for conspiracies, but this one I believe was the real reason that play was called, and not the exaggeration I said about Goddell calling the play, but I do believe they (the SeaHawks, and/or NFL) wanted to make sure Lynch was not the MVP, the interception thing was not anticipated, and caused a whole bag of questions, and assumptions, and conspiracy theories to gain momentum.

I've said if before, I'll take the heat for saying it again, Wilson is an overrated QB.

true.. he is overrated but he is better than any of our qb's   :mad0222:  

It would require three first rounders at minimum to obtain Wilson's services. After all, if they were to, say, franchise tag him after the season, it would cost 2 first rounders to sign him away. So nothing short of three 1st's would do.

Wilson isn't worth three firsts. Let's see how he does without a dominant defense and running game.

We have a dominant defense and a running game so who gives a sh*t if that's all it takes for him the win the superbowl?

I'd love to have him on the jets.

I've said if before, I'll take the heat for saying it again, Wilson is an overrated QB.

How so?

I don't think anyone puts him in the elite Brady/Manning/Rodgers category. He's a good QB, not a great one.

How so?

I don't think anyone puts him in the elite Brady/Manning/Rodgers category. He's a good QB, not a great one.

H wants to be paid like those guys.  Look at flacco and balt, they had to cut half their friggin team to sign him to an outrageous contract.

Wilson would be far better than anyone we have.  I'd love to have the guy but if you are okay having him and getting rid of Wilkerson, revis, etc etc ...

Wilson isn't overrated, he's just a different kind of elite QB. In my eyes he's the best game manager in the game. That makes him elite in his own right. When people think of elite they think of the usual names. I'll tell you this though, for all of the overrated statements, Seattle wasn't winning ball games until he got there. And we can talk all day about how he has Lynch, but Seattle has been in the top 10 in total points scored the past 3 years. The two years prior to Wilson when Lynch was on the team the Hawks were 28th in total points (2010) and 23 (2011). Wilson arrives and the Seahawks have never been outside of the top 10 in total points. So its obvious that Wilson is a contributer in a big way.

Wilson is a beast. Nothing about that dude is overrated. People's categorization of him is overrated. Russell Wilson is this generations Troy Aikman.

I honestly don't think Wilson is that great. He is a top 15 QB, but is not a top 10 IMO. He is not a QB that can carry a team by himself, and paying a QB like that Top 5 QB money is very dangerous.

But that's the price of QBs these days.  Flacco got the biggest deal in NFL history after his SB win despite not being top 5 (though probably was top 10).  If you get a good QB you have to bite the bullet and pay (or overpay) the guy.  Ideally you end up w/ a guy like Brady, Rogers, Peyton Manning or Luck who you don't mind paying that kind of $$ to.  A guy like Russell Wilson is one where you know you're signing a bad contract but you have to do it anyway as someone will pay him (and he knows it).

Wilson isn't overrated, he's just a different kind of elite QB. In my eyes he's the best game manager in the game. That makes him elite in his own right. When people think of elite they think of the usual names. I'll tell you this though, for all of the overrated statements, Seattle wasn't winning ball games until he got there. And we can talk all day about how he has Lynch, but Seattle has been in the top 10 in total points scored the past 3 years. The two years prior when Lynch was on the team the Hawks were 28th in total points (2010) and 23 (2011). Wilson arrives and the Seahawks have never been outside of the top 10 in total points.

Wilson is a beast. Nothing about that dude is overrated. People's categorization of him is overrated. Russell Wilson is this generations Troy Aikman.

Uhm, no.

Aikman is a HOFer.  Wilson is a good to very good QB.

Aikman is a HOFer so that means what, that you suddenly cant compare a guy to another if he's in the hall? How ridiculous is that? Wilson is more than just a good QB based on what he contributes.

This is what I mean about peoples criticism of the guy. Its nuts to see what he is doing and make it seem like he is just "good". Name a better game manager in the league right now. Wilson's winning record is 10-1 against superbowl winning QB's. his only loss was to Brady in the SB which was his 2nd trip in 2 years.

Im beginning to think that people are just hating on him.

Aikman is a HOFer so that means what, that you suddenly cant compare a guy to another if he's in the hall? How ridiculous is that? Wilson is more than just a good QB based on what he contributes.

This is what I mean about peoples criticism of the guy. Its nuts to see what he is doing and make it seem like he is just "good". Name a better game manager in the league right now. Wilson's winning record is 10-1 against superbowl winning QB's. his only loss was to Brady in the SB which was his 2nd trip in 2 years.

Im beginning to think that people are just hating on him.

I'm not hating on Wilson at all.  I would love it if he were on the Jets and I would pay him that contract as well (even though it's more than I think he deserves).  Having said that, he's no Aikman.

There is no "top 3" for QB's when it comes to money. There is only who is the best QB's coming up for contract in any given year so long as that QB is consistently a top 15 QB. There is generally no way to get A guaranteed consistent top 15 QB in the NFL, so they will always command and get premium money. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not hating on Wilson at all.  I would love it if he were on the Jets and I would pay him that contract as well (even though it's more than I think he deserves).  Having said that, he's no Aikman.

What makes Aikman so untouchable. Its certainly not his numbers. Aikman had arguably the best RB in the game, so does Wilson. Aikman had the best oline in the game, Wilson doesn't. Aikman had one of the best fullbacks in the game, Wilson doesn't. Aikman had a HOFer WR to throw to, Wilson doesn't. With what Aikman had he was able to manage the football game and his numbers are good for the generation. Wilson doesn't have a HOF class with him on offense yet he manages the game just as efficiently and he adds a dimension that Troy never possessed, he knows when to run the rock.

Maybe you're right. Wilson could be a better version.

What makes Aikman so untouchable. Its certainly not his numbers. Aikman had arguably the best RB in the game, so does Wilson. Aikman had the best oline in the game, Wilson doesn't. Aikman had one of the best fullbacks in the game, Wilson doesn't. Aikman had a HOFer WR to throw to, Wilson doesn't. With what Aikman had he was able to manage the football game and his numbers are good for the generation. Wilson doesn't have a HOF class with him on offense yet he manages the game just as efficiently and he adds a dimension that Troy never possessed, he knows when to run the rock.

Maybe you're right. Wilson could be a better version.

Aikman didn't put up gaudy numbers but it was because he didn't need to, not because he couldn't.  I like Wilson and I'm not saying he can't get better and become a HOFer.  Just that I think it's crazy talk to put him in Aikman's class at this point.  Wilson has a long way to go.

How so?

At this point in time no because he's only been in the league 3 years but he compares well to what Brady did in his first 3. Rogers didn't start till year 4 and Peyton had a rougher first year then Wilson..

Aikman didn't put up gaudy numbers but it was because he didn't need to, not because he couldn't.  I like Wilson and I'm not saying he can't get better and become a HOFer.  Just that I think it's crazy talk to put him in Aikman's class at this point.  Wilson has a long way to go.

You saying that Aikman "he didnt need to" is respected but that shouldnt disqualify such a comparison, especially since saying that "he didnt need to" is based on the fact that he had nothing but superstars surrounding him and we're not sure if it was the superstars that made him who he was. Would Aikman have been the same player with another team? No one knows. The fact that Wilson is doing something rather similar with less talent around him doesnt make him less qualified of a comparison because someone is a HOFer. 

Wilson is doing his thing, and Aikmans class shouldnt be so high on the pedestal given the talent that he had around him mixed with no so "HOF" numbers. Based on Aikman's numbers, I dont see much to really blush about or consider as some sort of rare class. Its not like im comparing Wilson to Marino. Marino is a guy who was putting up Aaron Rodger numbers before football was considered "A passing league". Thats a rare class. Troy Aikman was the best game manager at his time, and Wilson is the best during his. Comparing him to a HOFer is a compliment, not some sort of door that he cant walk through. Aikman was damn good, but not some rare elite QB. Lets be serious here. 

You saying that Aikman "he didnt need to" is respected but that shouldnt disqualify such a comparison, especially since saying that "he didnt need to" is based on the fact that he had nothing but superstars surrounding him and we're not sure if it was the superstars that made him who he was. Would Aikman have been the same player with another team? No one knows. The fact that Wilson is doing something rather similar with less talent around him doesnt make him less qualified of a comparison because someone is a HOFer. 

Wilson is doing his thing, and Aikmans class shouldnt be so high on the pedestal given the talent that he had around him mixed with no so "HOF" numbers. Based on Aikman's numbers, I dont see much to really blush about or consider as some sort of rare class. Its not like im comparing Wilson to Marino. Marino is a guy who was putting up Aaron Rodger numbers before football was considered "A passing league". Thats a rare class. Troy Aikman was the best game manager at his time, and Wilson is the best during his. Comparing him to a HOFer is a compliment, not some sort of door that he cant walk through. Aikman was damn good, but not that a rare elite QB. Lets be serious here. 

Gaudy stats or not, I think Aikman was one of the all-time greats. 

Gaudy stats or not, I think Aikman was one of the all-time greats. 

Thats your opinion and it would be a legit argument. Im not saying that he wasnt an all time great, he certainly was....as a game manager. Wilson is of the same cloth. 

And to confirm, the stats werent gaudy. The wins were, just like Wilson. 

Archived