Rex at it again! Needs to sit down w/ Oprah and Dr. Phil.

32EBoozer

Don't worry Jeanie that was the GMs fault..you guys are in the clear.

LOL-  I know that the coach takes the fall for that one.  From what many are saying here and from what I am hearing here in Buffalo,  I think you are going to see a lot of changes in Rex.  I also think that alot of the problems in NY (with Rex) was due to the horrible relationship with Idzik.    I think your team is fortunate to have Mcc.  I've listened to his interviews and obviously know about his picks and I think he's doing a great job.  

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard all doors were removed up there? People just run through walls to come and go...is that true ?

Good one - LOL - we're not that bad.  Buffalo gets a bad rap about a lot of things.   Much is exaggerated.

You're entitled to your opinion. I still think your comment was unwarranted.

Then you have issues.

Or are really young.

You're on a divisional rivals message board getting pissed because someone called one of the most irrelevant team of this century irrelevant

Well.... Being in Buffalo, that's understandable.

I don't live in Buffalo.  I live in a suburb between Buffalo and Niagara Falls.  A total of 250,000 people makeup the City of Buffalo.  Most of Erie County quality people.  

Then you have issues.

Or are really young.

You're on a divisional rivals message board getting pissed because someone called one of the most irrelevant team of this century irrelevant

Far from young.  I'm not pissed.  Are you kidding?  I am used to the bad rap Buffalo and the Bills get.    I just think you used the wrong choice of words.  And,  that's okay - it's social media.  

rex loves corners.  tell me about the corner situation, the moves idzik made ands the cap room available

Yes. Poor Rex. He's only a genius when he has a HOF CB. Always some excuse for poor ol Rex.

Far from young.  I'm not pissed.  Are you kidding?  I am used to the bad rap Buffalo and the Bills get.    I just think you used the wrong choice of words.  And,  that's okay - it's social media.

Social media or not teams that don't win aren't on anyone's radar and become irrelevant as in no one outside of their fanbase cares about them. They're not on prime time, they're not on ESPN or NFLN. It's not an insult, it's what it is and you're getting touchy over it.

Agreed.... But the city has shlt to cheer about. Sabres??? Bills????

Yes,  but please understand,  we have diehard fans here.  We never give up hope.  I think we will have plenty to cheer about this upcoming football season.  We just hired a new Sabres Coach,  

Dan Bylsma the other day.  So now we play the wait and see game with our hockey team.

Yes,  but please understand,  we have diehard fans here.  We never give up hope.  I think we will have plenty to cheer about this upcoming football season.  We just hired a new Sabres Coach,  

Dan Bylsma the other day.  So now we play the wait and see game with our hockey team.

And when mighty Taco names a taco after REX you are all set.

I'm sorry..but we have thousands of kids moving to NC from western NY for a reason. There are more BILLS bars in Charlotte than any other non NC team, BY FAR.

Social media or not teams that don't win aren't on anyone's radar and become irrelevant as in no one outside of their fanbase cares about them. They're not on prime time, they're not on ESPN or NFLN. It's not an insult, it's what it is and you're getting touchy over it.

Please understand,  nothing anyone says on social media has a personal affect on me one way or the other.   As far as ESPN and NFLN,  you're right about not making prime time during previous seasons.  However check the current news,  on these sites and others.  The rap about us is 99% good.  

I'm sorry..but we have thousands of kids moving to NC from western NY for a reason. There are more BILLS bars in Charlotte than any other non NC team, BY FAR.

You are right about this.  However,  this has slowed down over the past 1 1/2years.  With the new businesses moving here (due to Cuomo's Buffalo Billion),  we should be closing the gap on the number of moves out of state.

so rex found the only team in the NFL with a worse QB situation than the jets, but he learned from his experience as a HC

got it

But he didn't bring Jeff Weeks along, so that's a good sign of his growth .......wait what ?

You are right about this. However, this has slowed down over the past 1 1/2years. With the new businesses moving here (due to Cuomo's Buffalo Billion), we should be closing the gap on the number of moves out of state.

You guys will be fine , Rex is there now , workers will come from all over the country to work there for less money than they could get somewhere else.

LOL - Nothing wrong with this but fans here are much more conservative than those in the Bills Mafia. The Phins Fans are pretty conservative too. Fans in Buffalo are so psyched. I read the other day that one fan doesn't leave the house without wearing some type of Bills clothing. Others are counting down the days until the first game. If anyone dares say one negative remark about anything to do with the Bills or their management, there's 100 posters (exaggeration) jumping all over them. It's pretty exciting. I like the sense of loyalty.

You know who else was excited?

BFC3DE95-34A5-4C5E-B4CF-19DB87F80041.jpg

so rex found the only team in the NFL with a worse QB situation than the jets, but he learned from his experience as a HC

got it

Don't forget that he also managed to make that QB situation even worse by bringing in the likes of Matt Cassell, Tyrod Taylor, and Matt Simms.  I can't recall ever seeing a team be this active in the QB market in an offseason and get absolutely nothing out of it.  

Don't forget that he also managed to make that QB situation even worse by bringing in the likes of Matt Cassell, Tyrod Taylor, and Matt Simms.  I can't recall ever seeing a team be this active in the QB market in an offseason and get absolutely nothing out of it.  

they will run shady into the ground.  300 carries by thanksgiving and done

they will run shady into the ground.  300 carries by thanksgiving and done

Then he'll be either injured or exhausted by the time the December playoff push comes and Rex will be wondering why his brilliance alone isn't enough to drag the Buffalo Bills into the playoffs.

Then he'll be either injured or exhausted by the time the December playoff push comes and Rex will be wondering why his brilliance alone isn't enough to drag the Buffalo Bills into the playoffs.

3-9 on dec 1st isn't really a playoff push...but I agree with you on the rest.

3-9 on dec 1st isn't really a playoff push...but I agree with you on the rest.

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt since, well, I don't know why, but I'd love to see them sitting at 3-9 come December.  Regardless of how the Jets do this year, I'd love to at least have the Bills to laugh at over the course of the regular season.

Please understand,  nothing anyone says on social media has a personal affect on me one way or the other.   As far as ESPN and NFLN,  you're right about not making prime time during previous seasons.  However check the current news,  on these sites and others.  The rap about us is 99% good.

The first year of Rex effect.

Enjoy it now, won't last long. They'll turn on him soon.

The first year of Rex effect.

Enjoy it now, won't last long. They'll turn on him soon.

Sad thing is, the Bills should know better than most other teams out there how bad a coach Rex Ryan is.  If I were a Bills fan, I wouldn't want the man responsible for that Monday Night debacle in Detroit to be on my team's payroll in any capacity.

Yes. Poor Rex. He's only a genius when he has a HOF CB. Always some excuse for poor ol Rex.

Plus he's making it sound like Rex had one bad season. Hasn't sunk in that he only had 2 good out of 6.

Plus he's making it sound like Rex had one bad season. Hasn't sunk in that he only had 2 good out of 6.

And it would have only been 1 had the Colts and Bengals not let him into the playoffs.  On his own merits, Rex only had one good year that he can chalk up to his own coaching "ability".

Fact of the matter is that Rex severely underachieved with what he had in the first two years.  He should have won more than nine games in that first year and that roster he had in his second shouldn't have had to scrape by the likes of Cleveland, Detroit, and Houston.

Sad thing is, the Bills should know better than most other teams out there how bad a coach Rex Ryan is. If I were a Bills fan, I wouldn't want the man responsible for that Monday Night debacle in Detroit to be on my team's payroll in any capacity.

Other than goofy press conferences, Bills tattoos and a new truck. What does he bring over Marone? Didn't Marones Bills score 70+ while sweeping the Jets last year?

Other than goofy press conferences, Bills tattoos and a new truck. What does he bring over Marone? Didn't Marones Bills score 70+ While sweeping the Jets last year?

Yes, they did.  He brings nothing to the table other than those things you mentioned.  Maybe that's enough for Bills fans.  Maybe being entertained while not making the playoffs is better than having a boring coach who can keep you in contention for a while but probably won't get you to the playoffs either.

The fact that Rex Ryan has another HC job this year is one of the most mind-boggling things I've seen in the NFL in a while, at least since Kansas City took Herm Edwards off our hands.  But, then again, Herm did go to the playoffs more times than Rex and actually managed to win an AFC East title, something that Rex will never do as a HC.  How someone can be rewarded for the amount of futility that was on display over six years in New York is beyond me.  Surely there are other coaches out there in the league who could do a much better job.

idzik screwed him over badly

but he is still a clownshoes HC

Yep.

Too many people also forget what a big role Rex had with destroying the teams roster/chemistry after the 2010 season.

l will never understand how anyone who watched this clown roam our sidelines the past six seasons still considers him a good HC.

Yes, they did. He brings nothing to the table other than those things you mentioned. Maybe that's enough for Bills fans. Maybe being entertained while not making the playoffs is better than having a boring coach who can keep you in contention for a while but probably won't get you to the playoffs either.

The fact that Rex Ryan has another HC job this year is one of the most mind-boggling things I've seen in the NFL in a while, at least since Kansas City took Herm Edwards off our hands. But, then again, Herm did go to the playoffs more times than Rex and actually managed to win an AFC East title, something that Rex will never do as a HC. How someone can be rewarded for the amount of futility that was on display over six years in New York is beyond me. Surely there are other coaches out there in the league who could do a much better job.

He'll get a bump out of the Bills early, will have them ready to play. But the Bills have an uncanny ability to get off to a great start and tank as the season goes on. They've managed one winning season out of 10. Rex will finish .500 and be a working class hero.

Archived