Amaro Leaves Practice With Apparent Back Injury

flgreen

Jets

Jets Tight End Jace Amaro Leaves Practice With Apparent Back Injury

June 3, 2015 4:34 PM

Tight end Jace Amaro #88 of the New York Jets celebrates after scoring a touchdown in the first quarter against the Pittsburgh Steelers during a game at MetLife Stadium on November 9, 2014 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) — New York Jets tight end Jace Amaro left the team’s practice with what appeared to be a back injury.

Amaro was running a route early during the practiceWednesday when he stopped short, went down on a knee and clutched his back while grimacing. He was looked at by trainers on the sideline and then headed to the locker room.

Amaro, the Jets’ second-round draft pick last year, didn’t return to the organized team activities. Coach Todd Bowles was uncertain of Amaro’s status after practice, saying only that he was told the tight end was “sore.” Bowles also couldn’t confirm that the injury was to Amaro’s back.

The 22-year-old had an inconsistent rookie season, but finished tied for second on the team with Jeremy Kerley with 38 receptions.

(TM and © Copyright 2015 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2015 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Mike Ditka would never leave the practice field because his back was sore. EVER

did you see "a football life" last night ?    ditka told ricky williams turf toe is not a thing, get back in there, lol

Amaro has a bad body. Sorry, I said it last year when he came into camp.

My nephew worked for the training staff last year at Cortland & this guy is not in A+ shape. He's soft & quite honestly a little doofy.

We'll see but I just do not see this guy living up to where he was drafted.

This Idzik draft looks worse all the time, let's pray that Bowles can get Pryor up to speed because if he sh*ts the bed it might go down as one of our worst drafts EVER.

My nephew worked for the training staff last year at Cortland & this guy is not in A+ shape. He's soft & quite honestly a little doofy.

This Idzik draft looks worse all the time, let's pray that Bowles can get Pryor up to speed because if he sh*ts the bed it might go down as one of our worst drafts EVER.

I only give a sh_t about his hands. THAT'S his major problem.

Not even close to being as bad as some of the drafts Parcells had with the Jets. 

Archived