Sheldon is an idiot; facing charges of resisting arrest, drag racing

Morrissey

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... Attempted? He didn't attempt to endanger a child, he did endanger a child. 140 stoned turned off lights to evade arrest with a kid in the car, he didn't attempt sh*t. You don't have to prove intent. Just because no one was killed doesn't mean his actions weren't terrible, as you put it, he's just very fortunate as numerous people could have been killed not just those in the car. Sheldon isn't evil so far as I know, but he has proven to be dumb as sh*t and has become a liability. Time to go. 

Great post - everything you said I completely agree with..

Up until the point when you said he has to go.  If you draft a player like this you hold on to him as long as you can continue to pay him as little as he's making.  These first four years are vital to a franchises success...

we're going to lose him this year but because of that we'll get two more from him...

Great post - everything you said I completely agree with..

Up until the point when you said he has to go.  If you draft a player like this you hold on to him as long as you can continue to pay him as little as he's making.  These first four years are vital to a franchises success...

we're going to lose him this year but because of that we'll get two more from him...

Until he gets suspended again. That's the problem. Cut bait and move on. The four game suspension is about to get longer. Every screw up from here on out is what like an automatic season suspension. 

To all those defending this guy need to see what kind of America you are encouraging....

This what could have happened... The Affluenza defense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoY1ARr7dp4

This is what happens Sheldon 24 year old kid....Ok....

nobody is defending Richardson. its called being realistic and not your typical,knee jerking, intweb,know nothing,sheltered nerd fantasy world comments and opinions. this thread was full of nonsense & ignorance. from people saying that he for sure is doing time behind bars,wanting to cut him today, trade him for next to nothing, banish him from the nfl, suspend him indefinitely, bringing up the god damn gun in every gripe like he was driving around shooting people, and in general, doing a lot of assuming. but you know what? the dude has not been convicted for so much as a parking ticket.lets see what happens before we officially burn this guy at the stake,considering he is the jets best player and all.

and as far as your encouraging America comment? yea, the same ignorant,sheltered,know nothing,knee jerkers are the ones phucking that up too.

defending=realistic? yea, I laugh at that moronic thought

Until he gets suspended again. That's the problem. Cut bait and move on. The four game suspension is about to get longer. Every screw up from here on out is what like an automatic season suspension. 

yea, this is accurate. I can tell you know what you are talking about

Some of you are unbelievable. How many chances has he had already?

1)He failed one drug test.

2) failed another.

3) failed another knowing the consequences would be a 4-game ban.

4) Maybe failed a 4th drug test but it doesn't matter because of the latest action; Driving 140mph, stoned, with a kid and a loaded gun less than 2 weeks after his initial suspension. The timing is shocking, he could have killed multiple people. That counts as at least 2 more chances.

6) Evaded the police.

7) Lied to the Jets by not confessing this and seemingly expected that they wouldnt find out.

Richardson is an unapologetic lousy excuse for a human being, much less an employable asset.

Kick his ass to the curb. There is no discussion needed.

What's unbelievable is the self-righteous stubbornness one continues to spew WHEN HISTORY HAS CLEARLY & REPEATEDLY INDICATED that NFL All-Pro level talented players have 9 lives in their pro careers. If one's moral compass is so blind to that fact and fails to recognize that Sheldon has value you simpy don't cut until ALL THE FACTS & COURT PROCEEDINGS PLAY OUT, then duly noted, and STOP putting down those who disagree with such a NAIVE perspective. Unbelievable.

Wow... Attempted? He didn't attempt to endanger a child, he did endanger a child. 140 stoned turned off lights to evade arrest with a kid in the car, he didn't attempt sh*t. You don't have to prove intent. Just because no one was killed doesn't mean his actions weren't terrible, as you put it, he's just very fortunate as numerous people could have been killed not just those in the car. Sheldon isn't evil so far as I know, but he has proven to be dumb as sh*t and has become a liability. Time to go.

If ur gonna weigh in then pay attention. I'm not the one who brought up the idea of an attempted crime. And it's not a given that he was stoned at all. He's not going anywhere so get over it

maybe you should refrain from making definite statements about law since you obviously don't know what you are talking about. here is a quote from the minnesota prosecutor:

Tim Lohmar, the prosecuting attorney for St. Charles County, said no marijuana charges were filed because police didn't find any evidence in the vehicle. He suspects it was tossed out the window. Even though police sought a felony charge for child endangerment, the prosecutor's office decided not to charge Richardson because "we didn't think there was enough evidence to support that beyond a reasonable doubt," Lohmar said. "You might think, 'He was driving 143 mph with a child in the back seat; isn't that enough?'" Lohmar said. "There has to be some sort of intent on the part of the actor, causing immediate danger to the child. We looked at it closely, but we felt there wasn't enough."

Ever hear of Chris Carter who is in the HOF?? He was a 4th rd pick cut by the Eagles.. 

Shortly after Carter had a falling out with coach Buddy Ryan and was a surprise cut following the pre-season. Carter later admitted that Ryan released him because of alcohol and drug abuse, including large amounts of ecstasy, cocaine and marijuana, and credits his former coach with helping him turn his life around as a result. If Buddy Ryan helped Carter is it out of the question that Bowles may be able to help Sheldon??

He's definitely losing the rest of the season + a substantial fine.

I know there is more to the case than just a misdemeanor and I am sure the nfl will consider that, but you are convinced that the nfl will hand Richardson a 12 game suspension for a 1st time misdemeanor offense? how? just curious

I know there is more to the case than just a misdemeanor and I am sure the nfl will consider that, but you are convinced that the nfl will hand Richardson a 12 game suspension for a 1st time misdemeanor offense? how? just curious

If the NFL proves that he had smoked pot--making it his fifth violation--wouldn't that alone get Sheldon a year's suspension?  And let's not forget that a hand gun (Plaxico) and a minor (AP) were in the car.

If the NFL proves that he had smoked pot--making it his fifth violation--wouldn't that alone get Sheldon a year's suspension?  And let's not forget that a hand gun (Plaxico) and a minor (AP) were in the car.

Plax shot himself in a club not quite the same as having a gun under your seat in Missouri.. I have no doubt Sheldon is getting a home town break but he wasn't charged with smoking pot that night so how can the NFL prove anything that happened over 2 weeks ago??

once again, what does the gun have to do with anything? seriously. and if the cops couldn't prove Sheldon smoked pot, how is the nfl? why do you think Sheldon didn't report his arrest to the nfl? to detoxify,maybe?

burress was illegally carrying a handgun that discharged in a public place. i dont see how this is comparable

What's unbelievable is the self-righteous stubbornness one continues to spew WHEN HISTORY HAS CLEARLY & REPEATEDLY INDICATED that NFL All-Pro level talented players have 9 lives in their pro careers. If one's moral compass is so blind to that fact and fails to recognize that Sheldon has value you simpy don't cut until ALL THE FACTS & COURT PROCEEDINGS PLAY OUT, then duly noted, and STOP putting down those who disagree with such a NAIVE perspective. Unbelievable.

funny_set_of_gifs_to_share_your_apprecia

nobody is defending Richardson. its called being realistic and not your typical,knee jerking, intweb,know nothing,sheltered nerd fantasy world comments and opinions. this thread was full of nonsense & ignorance. from people saying that he for sure is doing time behind bars,wanting to cut him today, trade him for next to nothing, banish him from the nfl, suspend him indefinitely, bringing up the god damn gun in every gripe like he was driving around shooting people, and in general, doing a lot of assuming. but you know what? the dude has not been convicted for so much as a parking ticket.lets see what happens before we officially burn this guy at the stake,considering he is the jets best player and all.

and as far as your encouraging America comment? yea, the same ignorant,sheltered,know nothing,knee jerkers are the ones phucking that up too.

defending=realistic? yea, I laugh at that moronic thought

145363_shia_labeouf_live_clapping_gif_vg

game 6 at the latest is my guess

That assuming a lot . Like Sheldon Richardson isn't going to fail another drug test from the NFL( during that time period). Sheldon Richardson is missing the first four weeks ( that means has a lot of free time to spend with his family ). What will will he do with that much free time. Maybe he will read War and Peace or something else to pass the time. Or maybe he will smoke Pot.

That assuming a lot . Like Sheldon Richardson isn't going to fail another drug test from the NFL( during that time period). Sheldon Richardson is missing the first four weeks ( that means has a lot of free time to spend with his family ). What will will he do with that much free time. Maybe he will read War and Peace or something else to pass the time. Or maybe he will smoke Pot.

STFU and stop trolling the board. 

The Raiders still suck, buzz off!

Plax shot himself in a club not quite the same as having a gun under your seat in Missouri.. I have no doubt Sheldon is getting a home town break but he wasn't charged with smoking pot that night so how can the NFL prove anything that happened over 2 weeks ago??

once again, what does the gun have to do with anything? seriously. and if the cops couldn't prove Sheldon smoked pot, how is the nfl? why do you think Sheldon didn't report his arrest to the nfl? to detoxify,maybe?

burress was illegally carrying a handgun that discharged in a public place. i dont see how this is comparable

Only point I'm making is that the NFL could suspend him for the association with a handgun (semi-automatic, not a pea shooter like Plax had, BTW) and pot (Sheldon may have gotten a hometown discount, but Goodell is not going to forget that Sheldon is already a four time offender).  

The league seems to have a zero tolerance policy when they want to make a point with past miscreants.  So if they want to be hard assed about it, he'll get an increase in his suspension.  

I just saw a picture of Cro with a necklace that has 13 on it.. I seem to remember bikers back when I rode 13 stood for pot and Cro is a big Pot advocate..

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/02/the_nfl_does_not_test_players_for_recreational_drugs_during_the_season.html

trade him for a bag of footballs or cut him now!! he should be imprisoned immediately, if not sooner

yes, that's assuming that he doesn't mess up in the meantime. my 6 game theory is as it stands right now

His car smelled like weed, you think they were lighting incense? Come on man. Tell you what, when you have kids one day you go ahead and let your kid in w car with a bunch of stoned idiots with loaded guns doing 150 mph running from cops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is here proof that he was high? Not just high, doesn't have enough impact, out of his face high? They test, it was weeks ago. He was either high or not. I'm not psychic, how do you know?

Now this feels like it is about to turn into a legalize weed debate...

I've had some time to digest all this and, at this point, I've concluded is like to see him back if it can put some Ws on the board, but I will never, ever, be a fan of Sheldon Richardson.

It's a shame because what I see in between the white lines from him is a great...(not good---great) player.

Outside the white lines he's just another POS.

When Sheldon Richardson fails his next drug test. Not if , but when he fails it. You can almost guarantee it's going to happen, because the man is addicted to smoking pot.(takes him to his happy place).

Than maybe you will stop sugar coating his problem. he was lucky this time that he didn't kill himself or his 12 year old relative . will he be lucky the next time.

Another know it all psychic. Not if, when. Great, you're a side show act too? And he's an addict. He's addicted to pot. You're a special one. Because he smoked a couple of times. You know though. I'm sugar coating because I keep repeating we don't know while you guarantee things you don't have a clue about.

You're a better man than most. Special in fact.

Players can't be checked for drugs during the season they just have to hold out till Aug 9th and then they can toke up..

Only point I'm making is that the NFL could suspend him for the association with a handgun (semi-automatic, not a pea shooter like Plax had, BTW) and pot (Sheldon may have gotten a hometown discount, but Goodell is not going to forget that Sheldon is already a four time offender).  

The league seems to have a zero tolerance policy when they want to make a point with past miscreants.  So if they want to be hard assed about it, he'll get an increase in his suspension.  

do you happen to know what a semi automatic weapon is? apparently not. by the way, plaxico also shot himself with a semi auto. almost all pistols are semi auto except for revolvers, but basically do the same thing. semi auto means auto reload. I would bet dollars to donuts that richardsons body is free and clear of any illegal substance,at this point. also. he may have had past violations for substance abuse, but this is his first arrest. the 2 are totally different

do you happen to know what a semi automatic weapon is? apparently not. by the way, plaxico also shot himself with a semi auto. almost all pistols are semi auto except for revolvers, but basically do the same thing. semi auto means auto reload. I would bet dollars to donuts that richardsons body is free and clear of any illegal substance,at this point. also. he may have had past violations for substance abuse, but this is his first arrest. the 2 are totally different

Yes.  I have fired various types of rifles and handguns.  My bad for not remembering Plax had a Glock.  For some dumb reason, I had remembered a .38 revolver.

We will just disagree on Sheldon's past illegal substance violations (NFL) and their impact on this case.  Again, noting the circumstances of his arrest--including attempting to evade/resist--I will stand on the belief that Goodell will throw the book at him.

Finally, who the fuk is the DA in that region of MO?  He/she would have a problem proving child endangerment in a case where Sheldon's auto is clocked at 143 MPH and he attempts to evade the cops?  Plus a loaded hand gun is stashed under his seat and the car reeks of grass?  LOL!  I'm not a lawyer, but that seems like a slam dunk to me.  How he's not already in jail or out on bond is a miracle and beyond me.

I have no problem at all with you and others defending Sheldon.  I'd also join the chorus of supporters if this were his first, or even second, pot-related problem.  But until the league suspended him, most of us had no idea that the guy was a four time offender.  Sometimes, the truth about a person is staring you in the face, even if the substance has cleared from his body.  As I said earlier, I hope a person steps up to help/mentor him before he kills himself or someone else.

Yes.  I have fired various types of rifles and handguns.  My bad for not remembering Plax had a Glock.  For some dumb reason, I had remembered a .38 revolver.

We will just disagree on Sheldon's past illegal substance violations (NFL) and their impact on this case.  Again, noting the circumstances of his arrest--including attempting to evade/resist--I will stand on the belief that Goodell will throw the book at him.

Finally, who the fuk is the DA in that region of MO?  He/she would have a problem proving child endangerment in a case where Sheldon's auto is clocked at 143 MPH and he attempts to evade the cops?  Plus a loaded hand gun is stashed under his seat and the car reeks of grass?  LOL!  I'm not a lawyer, but that seems like a slam dunk to me.  How he's not already in jail or out on bond is a miracle and beyond me.

I have no problem at all with you and others defending Sheldon.  I'd also join the chorus of supporters if this were his first, or even second, pot-related problem.  But until the league suspended him, most of us had no idea that the guy was a four time offender.  Sometimes, the truth about a person is staring you in the face, even if the substance has cleared from his body.  As I said earlier, I hope a person steps up to help/mentor him before he kills himself or someone else.

lets get this straight right now. I am not defending Richardson. I am very disappointed in his actions. he is hurting himself as well as the team. I am just being realistic about the facts at hand. its not about what you think you know, or assume, its about what you can prove.

yes, I believe Richardson received favorable treatment in regards to the charges filed as opposed to what the cops statement reads. seems to me, he could/should have been at least charged with child endangerment. however, he was not. in the courts eyes, that part is finished. he also was not charged with anything to do with marijuana. the police could have taken a blood/urine sample to prove a possible dui, however, it looks like they did not. in the eyes of the court, that part is also finished. so it boils down to a misdemeanor charge and a few traffic tickets. Richardson will end up with a fine and possibly a charitable donation. case closed. the DA has bigger fish to fry

as far as the nfl goes, I am sure Richardson will be disciplined. I am sure that they also wont over look the entire episode at hand. the 12 yo, the pot smell and all. but, it is his first offense and a misdemeanor to boot. the failed drug tests that Richardson has been suspended for has little to do with the arrest, it might have bearing on the nfl's discipline descision, but it will not be treated as "another offense". it will be treated as a 1st time offense,even with the failure to report the arrest to the nfl. it is all in the same

my stance is simple. he is a younger,immature guy who apparently has not gotten over doing stupid things. the 12 yo kid in the car strikes a nerve on me, but I am not looking at his actions as an unhelpable felonious criminal. just a young guy who has done some,dumb,stupid, and yes, dangerous things and needs to accept whatever penalty he gets from the nfl. be it 1,2, or 4 games, I will support that. mandated counseling. I will support that. some kind of league probation after the suspensions.i will support that.but at the end of the day, I still support Sheldon Richardson and I have high hopes that he turns this thing around

and I got to ask 1 more time. what is with the outrage from some posters about the gun possession? he obviously was in his legal right to possess and carry his pistol. it is nothing but fluff, because people want to hear about bad people and guns. but it has zero bearing on this case.ZERO

Three charges at least one of which is a feeling with mandatory minimum. Resisting arrest, possession of marijuana, possession of unlicensed firearm, endangering health and welfare of minor, reckless driving.

Yes. Yes we can actually. There's a plethora of laws for punishing people about the things that could have happened.

Lol agreed. With that logic (no victim = no crime) there would be no DUI laws. There would only be laws against getting into an accident while DUI/drunk. But if no accident or no one gets killed totally legal? Yeah right.

Behavior that escalates the risk of tragedy absolutely could be and should be and rightly IS prosecutable.

Archived