Sheldon is an idiot; facing charges of resisting arrest, drag racing

Morrissey

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way fans have been reacting to Sheldons arrest I'm surprised they don't want the death penalty.. :head:

It's amazing.  It's like a bunch of jehovahs witnesses in here.

Even the prosecutor said this isn't really a big deal lol...  He's not getting cut, banned for the year, banned for life or anything else.  He probably is however now on notice that he's out of chances.

So, you're saying that if he gets like 12 games suspension, it improves the chance that we can have him, Mo, Leonard and maybe even Snacks for another year?

I read that he needs a certain number of years with at leat 6 games on thr active roster. That wold give him the time in needed to be an unrestricted free agent in 2017. If he doesn't get 6 games in this year he would only be a restricted free agent, which would be much better for the jets assuming he stays dominant and out of any more trouble

Well, looks like we will need Leonard full time this year.

Me thinks clueless players coach Rex knew Sheldon had ThugTurd traits in in, but couldnt care less.

Bowles/Mac noticed right away 'this guys a turd', and Leornard was drafted to replace him when he eventually got suspended etc.

Turns out, it happened faster than even Jets envisioned I assume.

Thank goodness we drafted Leonard.

rex probably covered up for  alot of bad locker room crap from Sheldon

It's going to be rather amusing when Sheldon returns week five and is back to being our best or one of our best players.

Thats fine the NFL is a business what have you dont for us lately. Fans spend a lot of money to support these punk thugs and we want results on the field. 

if he was a patriot* what would the pats* fans be saying ?

it was a set-up.  the sting was on.  why didn't the police give him written warning the day he committed the crimes ?

everybody does it, it's no big deal

once there was this other player who was arrested

If he truly had a 12 year old in a car with gun/pot and going 140 MPH he is beyond a Turd and has the IQ of a wooden chair

Trees have memory, you are giving his intelligence too much credit. He needs a lot of help. Mentoring, counseling, all that. Jets need to not give up on him but get him the help he so clearly needs.

As someone who is not typically very reactionary when a young athlete does something stupid and regrettable...

In this case, I say unequivocally that Sheldon Richardson belongs in jail. Immediately if not sooner.

If you don't usually react to this stuff, what part of the transgression makes you feel that way?

It's going to be rather amusing when Sheldon returns week five and is back to being our best or one of our best players.

I'm don't always necro old threads, but when I do, I necro those Sheldon threads... 

If you don't usually react to this stuff, what part of the transgression makes you feel that way?

I seem to be able to justify many of the transgressions as either careless, stupid, or blown out of proportion.

However, here there are just too many reckless and unlawful offenses piled on top of one another, it seems impossible to imagine an otherwise sound-minded person allowing something like this to happen "just this once".  He basically did all of the most dangerous things you can do in a vehicle, all in one fell swoop.  On the heels of suspension.  That's a person who isn't just stupid, but has blatant disregard for authority, and believes he is above the law.

I seem to be able to justify many of the transgressions as either careless, stupid, or blown out of proportion.

However, here there are just too many reckless and unlawful offenses piled on top of one another, it seems impossible to imagine an otherwise sound-minded person allowing something like this to happen "just this once".  He basically did all of the most dangerous things you can do in a vehicle, all in one fell swoop.  On the heels of suspension.  That's a person who isn't just stupid, but has blatant disregard for authority, and believes he is above the law.

and somehow was charged with just 1 misdemeanor. that is an awful lot of "unlawful offenses piled on top of one another"

shadetree is gonna be pissed!!

LOL...nonsense...im so excited that this DLine is back together..just awesome...were gonna be awesome!!! This is all just a big misunderstanding.. Just a big misunderstanding. It's cause for celebration!!! C'mon kids, Let's eat pot brownies and light off fM-80s, daddy's treat!!!!

I'll be in the "Geno sucks thread", where my positive attitude reigns supreme.

As someone who is not typically very reactionary when a young athlete does something stupid and regrettable...

In this case, I say unequivocally that Sheldon Richardson belongs in jail. Immediately if not sooner.

for life without parole. this gangster,thug,mindless zombie and his felonious ways should feel lucky that you let him breathe air

LOL...nonsense...im so excited that this DLine is back together..just awesome...were gonna be awesome!!! This is all just a big misunderstanding.. Just a big misunderstanding. It's cause for celebration!!! C'mon kids, Let's eat pot brownies and light off fM-80s, daddy's treat!!!!

I'll be in the "Geno sucks thread", where my positive attitude reigns supreme.

I was wondering where you were

I think if they're able to charge him with child endangerment, he's toast for the year and will probably see jail time, but if they snake out of the endangerment charge, he'll skate with fines and parole. He's still going to get blown up by Goodell' though.

I think if they're able to charge him with child endangerment, he's toast for the year and will probably see jail time, but of they snake pit of the endangerment charge, he'll skate with fines and parole. He's still going to get blown up by Goodell' though.

the DA has already stated that they wont charge him with child endangerment. they said that they cant prove it. what he is charged with now, is all they are ever gonna charge him with,imo. a misdemeanor pleaded down to a reckless driving charge or breach of peace.$500 fine and maybe a charitable donation. legally, sheldon is already off the hook

I think if they're able to charge him with child endangerment, he's toast for the year and will probably see jail time, but of they snake pit of the endangerment charge, he'll skate with fines and parole. He's still going to get blown up by Goodell' though.

considering his arrest has nothing to do with his suspension, this is a 1st time arrest, and only a misdemeanor at that. many would consider a 1 game suspension severe for what they actually charged him with. they might throw in an extra game considering the cicumstances that he didn't get charged with.2 games.max

I hate to quote lupica but today I thought he had a good point saying -and I'm paraphrasing-, "that kid in Sheldon's car was a lot closer to death than Adrian petersons kid was when he took a switch to him."

I hate to quote lupica but today I thought he had a good point saying -and I'm paraphrasing-, "that kid in Sheldon's car was a lot closer to death than Adrian petersons kid was when he took a switch to him."

haha..  that's a pretty stupid statement.  So is the baby that gets driven home from the hospital when dad gets up to 60 on the expressway.

There probably will never be rhyme or reason to how the NFL doles out punishment.  All they can do is react to the rules that are in place, and, when there are no rules, make something up after the fact and hope it sticks (like in Hardy's case).  Goodell could and probably should come down hard on Richardson, but if there is no actual basis for a suspension, it will probably get reduced - say from 4 to 2 or 1.  The NFL will then amend the rules to cover this additional stupidity and on we go until the next idiot finds a completely new way to be even more idiotic.

BTW, I predict no matter what Richardson's additional suspension, if any, is....the Deflatriot fans and press will go completely berserk.  Get yer popcorn ready.

Cutting him may be inevitable.  If he gets convicted and sentenced to prison they're going to have to cut him then.   (is there a precedent where a player went to jail and wasn't cut?)

If what's being said is true, and it's this high profile, there's almost no way he's not going to prison.

But ultimately I agree with you - you don't cut him unless you have to.  Stick by him this year - hope he smartens up and comes back next season....he's not playing a single down this year though.

The felony was dropped.  Won't be any jail.  They won't cut him

Some of you are unbelievable. How many chances has he had already?

1)He failed one drug test.

2) failed another.

3) failed another knowing the consequences would be a 4-game ban.

4) Maybe failed a 4th drug test but it doesn't matter because of the latest action; Driving 140mph, stoned, with a kid and a loaded gun less than 2 weeks after his initial suspension. The timing is shocking, he could have killed multiple people. That counts as at least 2 more chances.

6) Evaded the police.

7) Lied to the Jets by not confessing this and seemingly expected that they wouldnt find out.

Richardson is an unapologetic lousy excuse for a human being, much less an employable asset.

Kick his ass to the curb. There is no discussion needed.

What happened to #5? Was it a good one? 4-7 are one, not different chances. ;)

Archived