Sheldon is an idiot; facing charges of resisting arrest, drag racing

Morrissey

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now you're sounding like a Tom Brady apologist.

I get it...we have no proof, he hasn't been charged...But all the evidence is point to him being high.

The police report states there was a odor of burned marijuana emanating from the car.  With me, this guy does not get the benefit of the doubt when talking about pot...he clearly has a weed problem.

Once again I'll say it...I'm not making a case to have him put in jail - I'm not trying to lay out evidence...

Just saying the guy is an idiot and will likely end up spending time in prison.  As a whole this was a disaster for him..

Are you serious? Tom Brady apologist?  Can you not read, no one has said he was under the influence, tested positive for anything.  Until that happens its fact, not an attempt to be an apologist.  There is no evidence he was under the influence, other that you keep saying he was. The police aren't saying he was but you are.  Could he have been smoking?  Sure could have, he's been high before but that doesnt mean he was that night or that he tested positive.  And if thats the reason for saying he could face a jail threat he better test positive first

Maybe Sheldon could get a slap on the wrist? 

I beat a speeding ticket in NY once when I asked to see the radar gun inspection tag and it was overdue by 5 months.. There is no video plus if he wasn't charged with being high there is no gun charge.. Plus Sheldon is a hometown football hero who played for the Missouri Tigers.. However no matter what the outcome Sheldon must change his ways or he's gone..

I beat a speeding ticket in NY once when I asked to see the radar gun inspection tag and it was overdue by 5 months.. There is no video plus if he wasn't charged with being high there is no gun charge.. Plus Sheldon is a hometown football hero who played for the Missouri Tigers.. However no matter what the outcome Sheldon must change his ways or he's gone..

I agree. Being lucky is one thing. Continuing to push the envelope, another. 

I think he'll be done for most of the year minimum. I think Todd and the freshly new Jets front office will want to send a message here. 

I think 2 more games on top of the 4 games is his max. I think the arrest report coming out 2 weeks after the incident allowed Richardson to rid his body of the weed. so his next test comes back clean. he is the jets starting defensive end come game 7, at the latest.jmo

that is, of course, if he doesn't screw up again

If we put aside the righteous indignation narrative, then this is the reality of it. 

Listen, I'm not a fan of the fact that the NFL and athletes get away with crimes we as tax-paying schlubs wouldn't. I get that. It sucks.

I just don't want the Jets and Sheldon Richardson to become the example and case study for where all the injustice suddenly gets corrected. **** that. He didn't kill or rape anyone. He didn't even hit anyone or kill an animal. He sped, he smoked, and he made stupid decisions that endangered people, specifically a child, but he was lucky in that nobody got hurt. I believe in redemption. Sometimes dumb sh*t like this can be a wake-up call. Sometimes it's not. I fully expect and want the NFL, the players union, the Jets, and Sheldon to make him pay the price, then get him back on the field as soon as possible. Then for him to never do this sort of dumb sh*t again. 

What Sheldon did was no worse than what Greg Hardy did. Add 4 more games. Lose him for 8 total, maybe even 10. That seems right in contrast to how other teams and players manipulate the system as it exists... just as long as we do exactly that: manipulate the system. Every other team does it for much bigger scum bags. This guy is dumb. He's our dummy. There's no reason to cut him. Just be thankful he didn't do something worse, and hope he can keep being a dominant force for us while never doing anything like this again.

Yeah.  The only thing is, though, that since this is a different situation than the one that got him 4 games, it'll be treated as another matter.  So I don't think he'll be fortunate enough to get it treated as such, and therefore get 4 games changed to 8 or 10. That would effectively be Goodell giving him a freebie on one of his infractions. 

If the next infraction would ordinarily get him 10 games, don't be surprised if he gets another 10 games on top of the 4 he's already got. And that's assuming he's not in jail, which is what I will assume until he's convicted of a felony or until the dust settles and we know the full list of things he's getting charged with for sure. He screwed up badly, and though he may very well avoid doing any time, Goodell may hand him a punishment that keeps him out for the rest of the year or for the first 14 games.

With all the moral equivalence being used as an outrage-argument against Brady's 4 games getting upheld, he may want to show that a (societally) worse infraction is getting a worse punishment, when he has the authority to do so under the CBA. Plus on a personal level he may just be pissed off at Richardson for keeping the situation secret and making fools of the franchise and the league (to the extent they weren't already thought of in that regard).

Time or no time, as of now I don't expect to see him playing in a Jets uniform until December at the earliest. That may change in the coming hours/days/weeks, but it's hardly far-fetched for him to get another 10 games. As much as it would suck for us as Jets fans, on paper it wouldn't be inappropriate for Goodell to hand down that punishment.

Change his ways?  lol  He's already a four time offender with the NFL's drug policy.  

So now, after being suspended for four games, what does the clod do?  He not only goes out and smokes pot, but throws reckless driving, evading arrest, possession of a loaded semi-automatic, and--for good measure--having a 12 year-old in the car for good measure.  He's done here. 

Change his ways?  lol  He's already a four time offender with the NFL's drug policy.  

So now, after being suspended for four games, what does the clod do?  He not only goes out and smokes pot, but throws reckless driving, evading arrest, possession of a loaded semi-automatic, and--for good measure--having a 12 year-old in the car for good measure.  He's done here

How long would LT have lasted with you if you were a Giant fan??

Some of you are unbelievable. How many chances has he had already?

1)He failed one drug test.

2) failed another.

3) failed another knowing the consequences would be a 4-game ban.

4) Maybe failed a 4th drug test but it doesn't matter because of the latest action; Driving 140mph, stoned, with a kid and a loaded gun less than 2 weeks after his initial suspension. The timing is shocking, he could have killed multiple people. That counts as at least 2 more chances.

6) Evaded the police.

7) Lied to the Jets by not confessing this and seemingly expected that they wouldnt find out.

Richardson is an unapologetic lousy excuse for a human being, much less an employable asset.

Kick his ass to the curb. There is no discussion needed.

2) failed another.

4) Maybe failed a 4th drug test but it doesn't matter because of the latest action; Driving 140mph, stoned, with a kid and a loaded gun less than 2 weeks after his initial suspension. The timing is shocking, he could have killed multiple people. That counts as at least 2 more chances.

6) Evaded the police.

7) Lied to the Jets by not confessing this and seemingly expected that they wouldnt find out.

Richardson is an unapologetic lousy excuse for a human being, much less an employable asset.

hows the weather up there on your soapbox?

2) failed another.

6) Evaded the police.

You don't cut your best or second best player save a murder charge.

I wonder if he's old enough to remember John Matuszak??

Sure do but those were different times. The Jets knew The red flags associated with Sheldon Richardson, before they drafted him. So they have no one but themselves to blame . Let's see how long Sheldon Richardson plays in the NFL. jmo Only matter of time before he fails another drug test. ( he can't stop smoking that crap, and unfortunately it's going to cost him his career.)

You don't cut your best or second best player save a murder charge.

It would beyond stupidity to cut Sheldon Richardson. you have to pray he's ready to grow up and take some responsibility. ( Get some help for his problem) Until he admits he has a problem , there is a good chance he fails another drug test. What a shame , has all the ability to be an all time great, but he can't stop puffing away his career.

Sure do but those were different times. The Jets knew The red flags associated with Sheldon Richardson, before they drafted him. So they have no one but themselves to blame . Let's see how long Sheldon Richardson plays in the NFL. jmo Only matter of time before he fails another drug test. ( he can't stop smoking that crap, and unfortunately it's going to cost him his career.)

The funny thing is they don't check for drugs during the season it seems ass backwards to me??

How long would LT have lasted with you if you were a Giant fan??

You have to be a special kind of stupid to fail an NFL marijuana screening test. There is almost no surprise at all; stop about a month before you have been told to expect the piss man. And to do so 4 freaking times means the Jets are probably overjoyed they drafted Leonard Williams  and they won't be reupping this ****tard. Heck, would cut his ass tomorrow and or trade his sorry ass get back whatever they can. What the cops really smelled burning was gobs of US currency.

2) failed another.

6) Evaded the police.

Did he fail math?

Yeah.  The only thing is, though, that since this is a different situation than the one that got him 4 games, it'll be treated as another matter.  So I don't think he'll be fortunate enough to get it treated as such, and therefore get 4 games changed to 8 or 10. That would effectively be Goodell giving him a freebie on one of his infractions. 

If the next infraction would ordinarily get him 10 games, don't be surprised if he gets another 10 games on top of the 4 he's already got. And that's assuming he's not in jail, which is what I will assume until he's convicted of a felony or until the dust settles and we know the full list of things he's getting charged with for sure. He screwed up badly, and though he may very well avoid doing any time, Goodell may hand him a punishment that keeps him out for the rest of the year or for the first 14 games.

With all the moral equivalence being used as an outrage-argument against Brady's 4 games getting upheld, he may want to show that a (societally) worse infraction is getting a worse punishment, when he has the authority to do so under the CBA. Plus on a personal level he may just be pissed off at Richardson for keeping the situation secret and making fools of the franchise and the league (to the extent they weren't already thought of in that regard).

Time or no time, as of now I don't expect to see him playing in a Jets uniform until December at the earliest. That may change in the coming hours/days/weeks, but it's hardly far-fetched for him to get another 10 games. As much as it would suck for us as Jets fans, on paper it wouldn't be inappropriate for Goodell to hand down that punishment.

He had the opportunity to do exactly that with Greg Hardy, and didn't. 

So, unless he owed Jerr-uh Jones and favor, I'm hoping there won't be a "make an example of him" factor. That said, he very well could have owed a favor to Jerry. Jones went public this week with applause for Goodell doing a good job and took shots at Kraft for apparently calling him and telling him not to fine the levied fines for going over the salary cap a couple years ago, when there apparently wasn't really a cap because of the CBA being hammered out.

Sheldon could be a generational talent.

I am horrified at how stupid Sheldon Richardson actually is and how bad a blow this is to the 2015 Jets Defense.  100% unnecessary.

He seemed like a good kid - he admitted he was never bright when it came to school but he played with an incredible motor and passion making you think he had some good qualities. 

We can't get rid of such a rare talent.   Keep him on the team.  Take his suspension.  Hope he actually learns from it. 

Hopefully this season won't count against his contract and we'll keep him for another season.  Thank God (AKA Mac) for drafting Leonard Williams.  We'll get to see just how good he is now.

He had the opportunity to do exactly that with Greg Hardy, and didn't.

So, unless he owed Jerr-uh Jones and favor, I'm hoping there won't be a "make an example of him" factor. That said, he very well could have owed a favor to Jerry. Jones went public this week with applause for Goodell doing a good job and took shots at Kraft for apparently calling him and telling him not to fine the levied fines for going over the salary cap a couple years ago, when there apparently wasn't really a cap because of the CBA being hammered out.

Did he, or in the absence of a conviction (where it's just a judgment call on paper), was 4 games the maximum under the CBA? I mean didn't he kind of have to reduce the punishment once he got away with it legally (wasn't that the unuin's objection)?

Plus there's a new round of "How is his just as bad as beating up a woman?" with him upholding the 4 games. Now is his chance to make a worse infraction have a worse punishment while Brady's 4 games is in the news.

just when I thought idzik's resume couldn't get any worse

i hate idzik BUT how is this his fault. Remember not too long ago most jet fans were kissing sheldons ass. I never liked him on a personal level i just put up with it because he was talented

Now what the hell do we do with richardson? He obviously was a important piece to our future BUT he is starting to get a rap sheet like al capone and i dont want criminals on the jets anymore

You may be going a bit overboard with that analogy..LOL

i hate idzik BUT how is this his fault. Remember not too long ago most jet fans were kissing sheldons ass. I never liked him on a personal level i just put up with it because he was talented

Even if it's not his fault, there's basically 1 good thing people can point to that he's done, and that's wiped out now

Archived