Sheldon is an idiot; facing charges of resisting arrest, drag racing

Morrissey

I think if they're able to charge him with child endangerment, he's toast for the year and will probably see jail time, but if they snake out of the endangerment charge, he'll skate with fines and parole. He's still going to get blown up by Goodell' though.

I don't know the parameters of the test schedules, but if he is tested now he will obviously generate yet another positive result.  Between another drug test failure, the multiple charges likely to be leveled against him and his general stupidity, a full season suspension would not be off the wall.  

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know the parameters of the test schedules, but if he is tested now he will obviously generate yet another positive result.  Between another drug test failure, the multiple charges likely to be leveled against him and his general stupidity, a full season suspension would not be off the wall.  

if tested today,he comes up clean.guaranteed

If you don't usually react to this stuff, what part of the transgression makes you feel that way?

Can't speak for Yanks, but I don't care about the pot, don't care about the gun, The part about doing 140 MPH with a kid in the car, yep that's it.  Should go to jail min. 90 days.

Way too much over the top holier than though thinking by fans in this thread.

I'm selfish, I want Sheldon's career resurrected, salvaged, and with the Jets, he's good enough to salvage.

I DO want him to learn his lesson and face the punishment that is deserved, none of us have all the facts and context of the events, a lot of it looks bad, let's wait for the facts to come out.

Sheldon will be punished, and he will deserve it, but I want it at the proper length and severity commissary to the infractions he performed as legal system and the NFL laws dictate.

Hopefully, it's not that bad and this season is still in play.

But stop with the "banned for life," and "he should be cut today nonsense," you all sound like hypocrites, football players aren't model citizens. Sheldon didn't kill anybody, or physical hurt anybody, he's a kid that needs to be humbled and a wake up call to the mistakes that he has made.

He drove almost 150 mph stoned out his mind evading police with a loaded gun.......... With a 12 year old in the car!!!! Maybe because I have kids, but this sh*t could have been tragic. Just because it wasn't doesn't diminish that. I don't view this as being any different than AP whipping his kid. Maybe when you have kids you'll understand that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I know it sounds like I am defending richardsons actions, but I am just calling it like I see it. some people are treating this like some heinous crime spree, I see it as dumb,stupid,dangerous, and immature. definitely not something that cant be learned from. I am as disappointed as the rest of the jet world, but I wont turn my back on this guy because he was charged with a misdemeanor, regardless of what the cop says he did. if he pulls another equally stupi,dumb,dangerous,and immature stunt like this again, I might change my mind. until then, I support Sheldon richardson

HE HAD A 12 YEAR OLD IN THE FRIGGIN CAR SMOKING DOPE WITH A LOADED GUN DOING 143 MPH! Are you kidding me!!!

He drove almost 150 mph stoned out his mind evading police with a loaded gun.......... With a 12 year old in the car!!!! Maybe because I have kids, but this sh*t could have been tragic. Just because it wasn't doesn't diminish that. I don't view this as being any different than AP whipping his kid. Maybe when you have kids you'll understand that.

I have 3 kids.  My post doesn't undermine the seriousness of what could have been.  I'm simply stating that the holier than thou tact by fans, including your post here is hypocritical and pathetic.

No where am I condoning what Richardson did, but don't sit there and spout off as if you have no skeletons in your closet, we all do. 

Sheldon has the misfortune of having his drag out in the public, and he is paying for that right now with the media coverage, social media, fan backlash, etc...

HE HAD A 12 YEAR OLD IN THE FRIGGIN CAR SMOKING DOPE WITH A LOADED GUN DOING 143 MPH! Are you kidding me!!!

you know, when I was a kid growing up, my father being a gearhead always had fast cars. I remember he used to take us for rides in this one particular car. 1968 cougar with a built 351 Windsor. every now and then, he would open the thing up. easily hitting 140mph. not for very long.maybe 10 or 20 seconds at that speed. my mother would give him sh*t when we got home, even tho we all lied and said we never went over 70mph. the good ol days

Great post.

A beating from a loved one that you trust can carry scars for life. Very serious. Not death, but very serious. Will APs kid carry those scars for life? I have no way of knowing but from what I know about the beating, and if AP becomes a Positive for that kid, I really don't think so.

Sheldon was a blown tire away from having that 12 year old's blood on his hands.

Sheldon's 3 years have told me this much...I hate him. Any opinion I give is now blinded by that hate.

I think I'm gonna start taking it easy on Geno, too. I used to bash him for not caring. Sheldon carries that torch now.

Good posts Ylekram

just pointing out the fluff that these poster buy into. pot smoke and loaded guns shouldn't even be part of the story. sounds like backlash from Richardson calling the Missouri cops "pigs". as far as Richardson, I think I stand in the same corner as you. not really happy about trying to evade police with a 12 year old in the car, but its not exactly the crime of the century either. they were out having fun and got carried away. Richardson needs to man up, except his punishment, move on, and hopefully learn from his mistakes .not be cut ,imprisoned ,banished or any other silly punishment running thru some posters heads

you know, when I was a kid growing up, my father being a gearhead always had fast cars. I remember he used to take us for rides in this one particular car. 1968 cougar with a built 351 Windsor. every now and then, he would open the thing up. easily hitting 140mph. not for very long.maybe 10 or 20 seconds at that speed. my mother would give him sh*t when we got home, even tho we all lied and said we never went over 70mph. the good ol days

While smoking weed in the car with you and a loaded gun running from cops??

Great post.

A beating from a loved one that you trust can carry scars for life. Very serious. Not death, but very serious. Will APs kid carry those scars for life? I have no way of knowing but from what I know about the beating, and if AP becomes a Positive for that kid, I really don't think so.

Sheldon was a blown tire away from having that 12 year old's blood on his hands.

Sheldon's 3 years have told me this much...I hate him. Any opinion I give is now blinded by that hate.

I think I'm gonna start taking it easy on Geno, too. I used to bash him for not caring. Sheldon carries that torch now, too.

hate is such a strong word. you shouldn't use it

seriously, why do you keep bringing up the loaded hand gun? what does that have to do with anything? was the gun automatically set to start firing at 144mph or something? is it illegal to own a handgun in Missouri? is it illegal to stow under your seat? most people I know carry a loaded gun.not an empty one. I don't get it

I love how you keep pointing out your own messed up upbringing like the rest of can relate. My Father isn't a gear head and I have never been in a car going 100 plus.

I have also never evaded police in a chase, smoked weed with or as a 12 year old, owned a gun, or resisted arrest.

This boys being boys crap isn't for the majority of us, we were raised differently.

When I was a kid my dad would drop some e and shoot beer cans off my head with a Beretta while doing 100 knots on the family cigarette boat. Sheldon is an A+ guy.

Well done, this is the way I should have responded.

Give us a link where it's fact he was smoking weed.

It's been a few weeks since this happened. If he was high the cops would know and we would too.

just pointing out the fluff that these poster buy into. pot smoke and loaded guns shouldn't even be part of the story. sounds like backlash from Richardson calling the Missouri cops "pigs". as far as Richardson, I think I stand in the same corner as you. not really happy about trying to evade police with a 12 year old in the car, but its not exactly the crime of the century either. they were out having fun and got carried away. Richardson needs to man up, except his punishment, move on, and hopefully learn from his mistakes .not be cut ,imprisoned ,banished or any other silly punishment running thru some posters heads

Exactly!

I have no problem with guns.

I have no problem with weed.

I have no problem with 12 year olds.

I have no problem with night time.

I have a bit of an issue with 143 mph.

But you add all this together and its a jackass salad.

I love how you keep pointing out your own messed up upbringing like the rest of can relate. My Father isn't a gear head and I have never been in a car going 100 plus.

I have also never evaded police in a chase, smoked weed with or as a 12 year old, owned a gun, or resisted arrest.

This boys being boys crap isn't for the majority of us, we were raised differently.

sorry

it is. definitely and I get that. I'm just having fun with the knee jerks,is all. for sure Sheldon needs to straigten his attitude out

Bingo , 600 something posts in and we have a winner. Nice job .

It's been a few weeks since this happened. If he was high the cops would know and we would too.

His car smelled like weed, you think they were lighting incense? Come on man. Tell you what, when you have kids one day you go ahead and let your kid in w car with a bunch of stoned idiots with loaded guns doing 150 mph running from cops.

it is. definitely and I get that. I'm just having fun with the knee jerks,is all. for sure Sheldon needs to straigten his attitude out

I once said Sheldon was like Josh Gordon. I was wrong, he's way worse than Gordon.

When Sheldon Richardson fails his next drug test. Not if , but when he fails it. You can almost guarantee it's going to happen, because the man is addicted to smoking pot.(takes him to his happy place).

Than maybe you will stop sugar coating his problem. he was lucky this time that he didn't kill himself or his 12 year old relative . will he be lucky the next time.

I said it after his initial suspension when he failed at least his 3rd drug test. He will not "straighten out." Probably ever. He does whatever he wants with no regard for others or the consequences, and without a shred of genuine regret.

That is a not a correctable character flaw for any time in the near future. Anyone that thinks otherwise is delusional.

When Sheldon Richardson fails his next drug test. Not if , but when he fails it. You can almost guarantee it's going to happen, because the man is addicted to smoking pot.(takes him to his happy place).

Than maybe you will stop sugar coating his problem. he was lucky this time that he didn't kill himself or his 12 year old relative . will he be lucky the next time.

What lures these other teams fans to this board is it brain damage,drugs,abuse id like to know because I'm sick and tired of it. 

i have kids. i think what sheldon did was monumentally stupid. but no one gut hurt. you can't charge the guy with a crime that didnt happen. yeah i think he's a tremendously stupid **** for doing what he did, but again no one got hurt and there was no intention of hurting anyone. he should be punished but stop acting like the guy just raped the kid in the ass

Archived