How is it Possible that Cumby&Davis are our Starting TE's? WTF!

32EBoozer

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is bad that is for sure.  Perhaps the weakest position on the team.  the best solution is to keep them off the field by using another wr or an H back.

Id like to blame Idzik, and I partially do ....  but I really blame Tanny and REX. In 2010, Gronk was on the board and we took a weak safety from friggin Boise State?  Jimmy Graham was on until round 3?  We followed with Vlad?   Tanny, Like Idzik was a cap/numbers guy. He then had REX to guide him who history has shown has ZERO ability to evaluate college talent.

We are really paying the price for many dismal drafts from 2009 to last year.

It's obvious from reports and the pre-season that Enunwa is going to have a role at TE/H-Back in addition to his WR duties and ST's, he effectively is the 3rd TE right now.

It's also obvious the team has plans after week 1 when contracts aren't guaranteed, I believe there is interest with Fauria.

I think this actually a good thing that is being showcased about Chan Gailey. He is adjusting his system to our personel. Having a great pass catching TE is a luxury and since we don't have one we're not going to be using our TE's very often. With all the large, strong and fast receivers we have TE is not a priority.

How Cumberland is still on the team is amazing to me....It's like this organization, for whatever reason, doesn't see it when the rest of the world does.

He can't catch....I'm certain, let's say 5 times this year, he will drop a huge 3rd down or a TD...does it all the time - those drops are backbreaking to a team.

but it should no?  A solid TE is solid for a new QB to a system I would think.

It'd be nice, sure. If Amaro was healthy, he'd probably be the starter as the H-back - but he's not. They like Enunwa, who provides another big target, and they have Kerley and Devin Smith available, too. Cumberland is no great shakes, obviously, but he's probably still better than the waiver wire TEs currently available. And Chan is pretty good at adapting his offense to the players at his disposal, rather than fitting square pegs into round holes. The TE position is not one of my big concerns. 

Id like to blame Idzik, and I partially do ....  but I really blame Tanny and REX. In 2010, Gronk was on the board and we took a weak safety from friggin Boise State?  Jimmy Graham was on until round 3?  We followed with Vlad?   Tanny, Like Idzik was a cap/numbers guy. He then had REX to guide him who history has shown has ZERO ability to evaluate college talent.

Ah yes here we go:rolleyes: Rex had to guide Tanny and Idzik?? Ever hear of the scouting dept?? You know the head of which begged Tanny to take Wilson?? Now I suppose Rex begged Tanny to take Vlad and Hill..LOL

Pats troll got it wrong the other day about Jets fans crying about the Pats. They cry about the Jets more than anything. It's either too much Madden or just being delusional. That Fauria dude doesn't have a job yet with anyone BTW.

Ah yes here we go:rolleyes: Rex had to guide Tanny and Idzik?? Ever hear of the scouting dept?? You know the head of which begged Tanny to take Wilson?? Now I suppose Rex begged Tanny to take Vlad and Hill..LOL

it took you an entire hour to respond to a comment about Rex? Man,  you are off your game today. Better be quicker next time or you will have to abdicate your claim to the royal throne of Rex apologists. 

it took you an entire hour to respond to a comment about Rex? Man,  you are off your game today. Better be quicker next time or you will have to abdicate your claim to the royal throne of Rex apologists. 

I like it to be fair I agree Rex has faults especially when it comes to the offensive side of the ball but he gets blamed for everything.. Notice how Southpark cut it off at 2009??LOL

Amaros rookie numbers are very Gronk like year 1.  And he had Brady.  

Why on earth would we draft a TE in round 1 in 2010?  That Pats didn't even think he was worth a 1.  

Eh, need the quarterback to be comparing them realistically. Gronk had 10 TDs and 550 yards. Jace had 350 and 2. And that's just stats, Gronks a good blocker, Jace is OK.

38 catches to 42.  Amaro missed games.  I did say ballpark and QB and offense is a huge difference

Archived